Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - 5x010 "Past Life" Discussion Thread

The show wouldn't jump the shark if Coulson died. It would jump the shark if they showed he was dead all along and that the whole series was his dying imagination after being stabbed by Loki. Maybe he's still on that operating table getting his brain operated on and saying "no, let me die". The time jumps or the Framework could just be his way of piecing things together as he slips in and out of consciousness.

They can't use the Coulson died and it's a dream thing b/c the show still tied to the movies indirectly after Avengers. Fury got the helicarrier for AoU from Coulson, and Fury got the intel on Hydra for AoU from SHIELD.

Dark Raven seems to be on a path that I often see on the main board of this website. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. stories are inconvenient towards using a character or story they dream about seeing in a movie with RDJ and Chris Evans. Therefore Feige will just declare it non canon and have Disney/Marvel Studios issue a never mind, only the 18 movies are "all connected" decree for them.

To that end even though Coulson didn't know about Hydra infiltration, unless he suspected that he was being recruited but without enough evidence to push it further than a feeling in his mind, his getting the crucial intel thus being the hero spy and the hero administrator by rebuilding a major S.H.I.E.L.D. asset would be part of a dying Coulson's dreamed about path for his life which the series would represent. The St Elsewhere finale.

That would leave the Inhumans and Agent Carter's series along Bahrain and the Inhuman encounter with Agent May the only TV MCU canon that the movies have to be careful not to contradict if they wish to retain at least some connection.

The movies don't have to worry about contradicting the Inhumans TV series. No-one really cares about that. They're just going to dismiss it as being its own thing and that it didn't happen.

The St Elsewhere-style finale for AOS would probably be the most self-contained way of ending the series though. Coulson could've heard bits and pieces from other SHIELD agents talking while he was being operated on. Or maybe he wasn't being operated on, but left to recover in a room which had a TV on, so that bits of the news filtered into his subconscious mind. He then pieced it together to make up his own reality.

I'm guessing Coulson probably is dead, and that's why they're even foreshadowing it now with him getting infected by the Kree blood. Either his recovery is taking a turn for the worse while he's lying on the operating table, or they've injected him with Kree blood in a last-ditch attempt to save him, but he's heading towards his eventual demise.

Maybe people like Daisy, May, FitzSimmons etc are actually just doctors or SHIELD agents in the operating theatre that Coulson has briefly glimpsed. He then thinks they're part of his world and has turned them into characters within there.

I disagree, plus fans on social media have said if Coulson dies they'll stop watching the show.

You will always get some crybabies out there no matter what you do, but if it's the end of the show then they'll be stopping watching regardless.

The team has one final chance to return to their timeline, but it may have consequences.

Decent mid season end, but NOO phil.. Losing him again?!

And i wonder, are they going to get that mental blocker thinggy out of Quake, and destroy it before anyone in real time knows about it, let alone can steal it to use against other metas..

so the seer is Yo Yo.

BUT how?? She's basically a speedster but always snaps back to where she stood.. SO how does that give her precognitive abilities?

Seeing as we were left with the feel good Flint and Tess grafting asteroids to the existing chunk of Earth I guess is that they are going with the divergent timelines theory.

Agreed. Change the past, so the future never comes to be. Much like T2!

It would probably be May that would become the new head of Coulson's team or maybe they could get Cobie Smulders back as Maria Hill.

I'd rather it be May!

If Coulson dies than fans will be unhappy. And not watch the show anymore. If season 5 is the last season like some suspect. Than have Coulson live, retire somewhere with May, while Daisy is put in charge of SHIELD.

I am not sure many fans would leave if Phil dies. BUT many imo would if too man of our mainstays die..
And i don't think AOS has enough juice to last another 2 seasons..

Maybe David Hasselhoff sporting an eye patch.:woot:

Hey.. Don't knock the hoff!

You will always get some crybabies out there no matter what you do, but if it's the end of the show then they'll be stopping watching regardless.

Yup. Just like when so many whined that SGA was getting cancelled to bring out SGU, they threatened to leave the franchize and look at what happened. CAUSE OF THOSE whiners, SGU got cancelled itself after just 2 seasons (RIGHT when it was getting good), and other than the webisode "Origins", we've not had ANYTHING new for SG in what 6 years?

BUT how?? She's basically a speedster but always snaps back to where she stood.. SO how does that give her precognitive abilities?

Yo-Yo was not actually a seer as we use the term, Kasius was being poetic. I think Elena was trapped in that time loop and she knew it. And the Kree broke her through the kill and bring back to life process. She was merely an oral historian of previous lives through the time loop.

Ahh.. That makes sense. Though wouldn't all their killing of her, have broken her OUT of that perpetual time loop?

Not really. Her timeline goes like this:

Yo-Yo goes to the future, Yo-Yo goes back in time, the Earth gets destroyed, she grows old normally, dies, and gets resurrected. She is then killed by Kasius. The time loop is caused by her going to the future, growing back in time, and aging normally to end up in the future again.

Yup. Just like when so many whined that SGA was getting cancelled to bring out SGU, they threatened to leave the franchize and look at what happened. CAUSE OF THOSE whiners, SGU got cancelled itself after just 2 seasons (RIGHT when it was getting good), and other than the webisode "Origins", we've not had ANYTHING new for SG in what 6 years?

If you multiplied the people whining about SGA's cancellation a hundred times over there still wouldn't have been half the people needed to sink SGU. They were irrelevant, as fandoms generally are. We make up a minuscule proportion of the overall viewership. SGU would have been cancelled with or without the loons that created hate sites for it.

Maybe, but i DO think that those hate sites, had a big part on its cancellation. PITY< i loved it especially from the latter half of S1 and all of S2!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"