Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - 5x09 "Best Laid Plans" Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' started by tbg, Jan 23, 2018.

1. tbg

tbg Well-Known Member

Airs Friday Jan. 26th 9/8c on ABC
    Mack, Yo-Yo and Flint fight to keep everyone alive by starting a revolution against the Kree.

[YT]p75ifq7VfiE[/YT]
    https://youtu.be/p75ifq7VfiE
    (apologies if someone else started a thread and I couldn't find it)

Last edited: Jan 25, 2018
  2. Silvermoon

Silvermoon Made To Be Ruled

Reminder, when you need to embed a video using the YT tags, all you need to put in between the tags is the video ID (not the full URL). in this case it would be the p75ifq7VfiE part of the URL so:

[YT]p75ifq7VfiE[/YT]

results in

[YT]p75ifq7VfiE[/YT]

;)

3. tbg

tbg Well-Known Member

4. terry78

terry78 I'm gonna need more rope

So they wanna try and rebuild the Earth or something?

5. chicagodave

chicagodave Well-Known Member

Good episode i have feeling this arc is ending soon. Its gonna be interesting to see how they break the time loop.

6. <(o_o)>

<(o_o)> Evangeline Is My Hero!

No, They want to use Flint's powers to fix the Monolith rock that sent them to the future to start with & then they can go back in time again.

7. Mike Murdock

Mike Murdock Well-Known Member

Very cool episode. Good to see the good guys get a win, although we'll see next week. I'm guessing next week is the conclusion of the arc since, after that, we break for the Winter Olympics, I believe.

8. SPO2 Dalisay

SPO2 Dalisay Vigilante

At this point Agent May remembers Robin mentioning Flint as being the key. They don't want him to do anything yet as they are still in instinct and survival mode and fighting virtually every second. Meanwhile Mac is trying to shield Flint in the Lighthouse.

I have to say oh come on about TV fights. Deke has at least 30 lbs on Daisy and his life or death fight hit doesn't flinch Sinara while Daisy's knock her back for a while. Technique can not do that much over sheer power.

I can't wait to make a second watching of this episode. But the promo for the next makes me fear a potential spoiler I tripped across by accident is true.

9. justme

justme Well-Known Member

I think I know who Kassius's seer is. It is a resurrected Ben the inhuman mind reader. Right before Kassius comes out to tell us that he has a seer of his own; look at the smock of the guy with the gloves. It looks bloody. He seems to be the Doctor that performs the resurrections. I wonder what are the limitations of such resurrections.

10. justme

justme Well-Known Member

Here is another thought. Look at the promo for the next episode. When Kassius is threatening to kill Yo Yo; does she appear to have died before. Her face is much more pale than previously seen. Could Kassius be killing and resurrecting like he has threatened? Just a thought.

11. raz1337

raz1337 Member

I'm still confused on where the gravitonium came from. Are they implying Fitz and Simmons put it in the Lighthouse and Zephyr? Or what?

12. SPO2 Dalisay

SPO2 Dalisay Vigilante

I am guessing that The Lighthouse is one of the many code named SHIELD holding facilities. We know Hydra did not know about all of them. I wouldn't mind the return of a Koenig brother to lighten the mood of the season some.

13. mace1

mace1 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jan 28, 2018
  14. X-Ray

X-Ray Ippiki-ookami

That scene could also be from the alternate timeline. We never did see what happened to Yo-yo after she took the elevator to confront Cassius. The confrontation would explain why he recognized her and was too well prepared to handle her.

15. Mike Murdock

Mike Murdock Well-Known Member

My theory is that she sells out the human race to protect the Inhumans and she's been around all this time. She's his "seer."

16. tbg

tbg Well-Known Member

Depending ln how his resurrection works, could we be getting the return of Raina? (Or worse, Ward)

17. SPO2 Dalisay

SPO2 Dalisay Vigilante

I think Ben is most likely at this point, or hope so. It would seem like cheating just to bring a character in cold to fix the box they wrote themselves into. I would hate to see Yo-yo turned evil under these conditions. Besides that there are the years of age on her, even if the MCU suddenly gives Inhumans super strength and ******ed aging along with a super power which Kasius can turn on and off.

Besides Ward's body was nuked. Brett Dalton and BJ Britt got their goodbye tours in the framework. Meanwhile Nick Blood also had his goodbye tour even if doesn't come back when the team returns to present time. And Ruth Negga was never a regular.

18. SomeOldGuy

SomeOldGuy Well-Known Member

Finally had a chance to catch up on the last 5 eps last night. Great stuff overall! It’s a bit draggy here and there, and other times a bit too in love with a scene that while good could have been trimmed, but ultimately those are nits. The Daisy/Sinara fight was very well done imo. Never thought much of Fitz as a character before but this post-Framework version is a lot more fun. Looking forward to seeing how the wrap up this arc.

19. justme

justme Well-Known Member

Like I said before, I think that Kassius's seer is Ben. It makes the most sense. Also, I pointed out that the Kree doctor appears to have blood on his smock. This would point to Ben's body being repaired and resurrected.

Numerous online sites are saying that the cast was shocked at who was Kassius's seer. This would make me feel it is Yo Yo. But shouldn't have Kassius known about Mac then? Mac seems to have died early in an alternative time line. While Yo Yo survived until the Kree took over. That is why Kassius knew about Yo Yo. One thing to remember is that Daisy and Coulson both appear to have died early on in the alternative time line. It would make sense that both of them probably took on Graviton.

It does not make sense that Yo Yo is the seer. She would only know events that happened in the alternative time line. Unless Yo Yo has gone back in time numerous times; she should not know the plans of current day Shield. What would make sense is that she is the mother of the Inhumans at the Lighthouse. When she confronted Kassius in the alternative time line, she was captured and her blood was used to create the new babies being created by the Kree.

What does everyone else think?

20. justme

justme Well-Known Member

Another strange occurrence on this episode. Did anyone else notice that (pardon me if I offend; don't mean to) the deaf/mute black servant girl of Kassius. She has appeared quite frequently in this season's episodes and rarely does anything but stand around. Could she be related to Flint?

Anyone else notice that she just seems to be in the background. I only remember her serving the delicacy that Fitz did not eat. Again she seems to have spent more time as background than doing anything during the episodes.

Why?

21. justme

justme Well-Known Member

I didn't see a thread for the next episode. Looking at the youtube promo.

[YT]aFfJQ4mTDis[/YT]

Who is the guy at the 17 second mark. Seems to be an undead. Has black eyes.

22. <(o_o)>

<(o_o)> Evangeline Is My Hero!

That will possibly be Tye http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2301278/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cl_t19

23. scarlet-witch

scarlet-witch Heart of Fire

Finally caught up on Friday's episode and I wasn't a fan. The last few episodes have been really interesting and this one was so predictable. Kassius was essentially a mustache twirling villain.

Though I do like the idea of Daisy "just being Daisy Johnson, Agent of SHIELD" and not an Inhuman. She's enough of a Mary Sue as is and taking away that power makes her character less annoying to me.

But that won't happen.

24. Spider-Fan

Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014 Champion

Solid episode overall. It feels like we are close to the end of this arc. The 100th episode will be coming up. I don't know if confirmed, but my guess is we get episode 10 next week, and then a 2 part finale for this arc (which would be episodes 11 and 12...12 would be the 100th (22x4 = 88 + 12 = 100).

That's my guess at least.

25. Random490

Random490 Well-Known Member

Just a tv show keeping continuity of the background characters. I wouldn't look that hard into it.