Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - 5x11 "All The Comforts Of Home" Discussion Thread

Those LMDs uniforms reminds me of something, I just can't remember where

Perhaps it's the bounty hunters in the Critters movies they remind you of? Hope they don't do a Musical episode of SHIELD just so Dove Cameron can sing.

Last edited:
Perhaps it's the bounty hunters in the Critters movies they remind you of? Hope they don't do a Musical episode of SHIELD just so Dove Cameron can sing.

The Jade Syndicate from a Spider-Man video game.

I really hope I am wrong but the 100th episode getting all this promotion looks like a cheap clip show. Maybe as part of the goodbye tour Blair Underwood and others are filming fresh content

Yo-Yo is the worst speedster ever. Pointless character.

They have explained this on several times on the show: she has ability to move at super speed for the duration of one heartbeat before returning to the point from which she started

Shes not youre typical speedster like Quicksilver or flash. As i said they have explained this many times on the show already.

That would explain why she didn't have time to toss all the guns their way. It's a weird power but it does keep her from being a deus ex machina.

That would explain why she didn't have time to toss all the guns their way. It's a weird power but it does keep her from being a deus ex machina.

Which of course brings us to The CW Flash and why exactly does he have any problems besides never have been in a fight before and Arrow didn't have time to teach him right

Counterpoint: She's actually the best. By having limitations the writers aren't forced to have the character forget to use her powers or occasionally have them nerfed. (See: The Flash and Foxy Pete aka Quicksilver).

They have explained this on several times on the show: she has ability to move at super speed for the duration of one heartbeat before returning to the point from which she started

That doesn't explain why she'd randomly chose to not use her powers during a fight.

The implications of her powers is that under combat stress with her heartbeat elevating she becomes less productive. And is not just going fast yet able to make faster than light speed decisions when all her information comes at light speed like a Starfleet Captain can. She has to act, see an opening, make a decision and then sprint again

Which we've seen her do when it suits the writers.

I guess you can say that it is more satisfying when the production takes into account the implications of characters limitations than the episodes when they are ignored

Does Ruby Hale have a comic-equivalent character?

Does Ruby Hale have a comic-equivalent character?

Young. Female. Skilled assassin. Lives in a military base under constant surveillance and goes outside only when her handlers send her on a mission. Almost like Laura Kinney/X-23.

Young. Female. Skilled assassin. Lives in a military base under constant surveillance and goes outside only when her handlers send her on a mission. Almost like Laura Kinney/X-23.

Really?.... If that's the case, she is a very poor man's version of X23

Maybe Dove Cameron's character will have an identical twin.

How are they going to fix Yoyo's arms now? Is she going to be without them for the rest of the season? Or will someone have to go back in time again to fix everything?

I think we're just going to end up back where this season started in the future and with the Kree. This is tedious.

How are they going to fix Yoyo's arms now? Is she going to be without them for the rest of the season? Or will someone have to go back in time again to fix everything?

I think we're just going to end up back where this season started in the future and with the Kree. This is tedious.

She lost them in the comics too. They were replaced with prosthetics.

My guess is that some 80's level SHIELD Lighthouse tech prosthetics with Fitzsimmons upgrades to save the real world budget. Not the equal of Coulson's hand

So did Deke go back somehow too? Saw him listed in the credits.

Yes he did, and i was laughing my butt off, watching him eat, drink and "be merry".. THEN Getting locked up, and daisy having to come in as a "social worker"..

Absorbing Man and Agent Piper are back for this episode.

I liked seeing Piper again, and was all cool, till i found out she sold them out.
BUT i am wondering what that "I am forming a team up" with Krill meant.
And what's up with 'slice and dice' daughter'??

General Stoner could be the MCU version of Colonel Rick Stoner, the first known executive director of S.H.I.E.L.D. in the comics.

I had to look up who he was myself, but cool callbacks to the comics yet again.

That was heartbreaking seeing what happened to yo yo.

Though, we KNOW Phil got a 'replacement arm' back in S2.. So why can't they do the same for yo-yo?

At least Daisy called them out on them not interfering unless it was an extinction level event. Again, where were they when Ultron was turning Sokovia into a giant meteor? Or when the Tesseract was being played with? Were they unaware that there were 3 Infinity Stones on the Earth at one time?

I did wonder, why if they are watching, we've never even seen any of them in the avengers films..

Really?.... If that's the case, she is a very poor man's version of X23

Especially when you consider X-23 has healing. So far all we've seen of this kid is she's good at throwing things..

YoYo will end up getting prosthetics. We don't know whether they will have cool tech in them or just be normal ones. Coulson has normal and techie ones, so I don't see any reason they can't do the same for YoYo. Will have to re-watch that scene though. Still don't quite get how she cut YoYo's arms off. Also still don't quite get the general. Is she human, alien, robot, other?

She lost them in the comics too. They were replaced with prosthetics.

So we should've always expected this to happen to her?

And if she has prosthetics, how come she was missing them again in the future and was 'armless to everyone?

YoYo will end up getting prosthetics. We don't know whether they will have cool tech in them or just be normal ones. Coulson has normal and techie ones, so I don't see any reason they can't do the same for YoYo. Will have to re-watch that scene though. Still don't quite get how she cut YoYo's arms off. Also still don't quite get the general. Is she human, alien, robot, other?

I'm not sure how she cut her arms off too and didn't slice through the rest of her body. Unless she had her arms out in front of her. It looks more like a clean slice through as if she had her arms by her side though, otherwise if they were in front of her, wouldn't the angle be different? They might be different lengths depending on where the frisbee intersected them.

Dove Cameron needs to sing this song now with the words changed to Fro-Yo-Yo-Yo-Yo.

[YT]eEepwEvSVCw[/YT]

It's possible that the Yo Yo we saw in the flashbacks, that happen after the Earth gets shimmied apart, is a Yo Yo that already has prosthetics. We didn't notice because the ones she's going to get are as good as Phil's in terms of looking natural.

Why the Chromo-motons, or whoever, didn't interfere with ELE's that the Avengers were a part of is that.. the Avengers were on it. I think Enoch was interfering because Robin stated that he was supposed to, as in prophecy and that gave him leave to do so.

But I'm still mad about them making Piper a turncoat. That just ticks me off. But she was under the impression that it was retrieval only so they could all clear their names. She *thought* she was doing them a favor. So, the rest better forgive her. I mean, May was secretly working for Fury, and Daisy took off for nearly a whole season. Just put Piper on the damn team already!

Zima?! Holy crap.

Last edited:
So we should've always expected this to happen to her?

And if she has prosthetics, how come she was missing them again in the future and was 'armless to everyone?
She was basically Inhuman genetic breeding material for Cassius. Different from the Kree corpse used to bring Agent Coulson back to life in that she could talk. Without arms she was even easier to control when he brought her back to life to milk her, or later with her already lived timeline historical knowledge as his "seer". Because an armless Yo-Yo was only used in a couple of scenes they could justify the sFX budget for the dramatic shock effect.

No-one will be able to look at Liv and Maddie in the same way without feeling cut up by it.

So, the armless Yo-Yo we saw in the future was the future version of the one we have known? What about the flashback we saw to the post-Earth going boom event where we saw Yo-Yo ignoring May's advice and going after the Kree?

I'm just trying to figure out how this time travel works. It's weird in this show.

Let's say all those monoliths were in the Lighthouse from the get go. I still can't figure out where they came from, unless Enoch or Noah put them there. Did Stoner put them there? After all they did in season 3 about the the other one being so unique that ended up being destroyed along with the smaller pieces of it.

So, Earth goes boom in 2018, and by 2022 the Kree have arrived. In episode 8, they show May talking to Fitz-Simmons and Yo-Yo. Are those future versions of them experiencing the Earth going boom the first time or future versions of the ones we are watching now in Episode 11 that got plucked and then went back?

Then in 2091, they get plucked from 2018 and brought to 2091, then go back to 2018, but there's an armless Yo-Yo but she acted like she had already talked to herself before. Still annoys me that she didn't give our Yo-Yo more information to stop the whole damn thing.

So, regardless of how the team we know had changed their decisions, Yo-Yo still ends up in that same room with Ruby and gets her arms cut off? Just something seems fishy, here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"