Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - 5x11 "All The Comforts Of Home" Discussion Thread

Also, it seemed like Yo-Yo was like, only inconvenienced that she just had two limbs cut off. Is it me, or was she not showing the right amount of pain for something like that?

Everyone reacts to pain differently but it is pretty common for the body to go into shock.

IThe Chekov's Gun of the third gray one has been laid down

The checkov gun? Maybe i am not as up on marvel comics as i should be, to get that connotation/connection

If Dove knows that Yo-Yo is a speedster, why not cut off her legs instead?

Or go for the midrift area. Severe her in two!

Also, it seemed like Yo-Yo was like, only inconvenienced that she just had two limbs cut off. Is it me, or was she not showing the right amount of pain for something like that?

As someone who's witnessed limb loss in the field, it certainly didn't seem like she reacted properly.

The checkov gun? Maybe i am not as up on marvel comics as i should be, to get that connotation/connection
It is a general literary term. Something is introduced which has nothing to do with the plot, Chekov has a gun and third unknown monolith in this case then expect to see it used later.

As someone who's witnessed limb loss in the field, it certainly didn't seem like she reacted properly.

Well if she was going to do that, she could've chopped off her head.

She was probably just in shock.

I think Yo-Yo not telling everyone what she learned from her future self was rather dumb. And if they still don't believe her now, they'll be equally stupid.

Since Yo-Yo knew what was going to happen and even what was going on with Coulson, keeping all to herself was not clever at all.
Maybe she was, or had otherwise convinced herself that she could change the past, even after meeting herself who told her otherwise.

Maybe it wasn't her intention to actually kill any of them? It's possible (maybe?) that she knew the team was more than capable of defending themselves? If she truly wanted any of them dead, I think she'd have been somewhat capable of doing the deed herself without her robotic friends.

It's going to cost her an arm and a leg to get all of these body parts replaced!

This is a Marvel TV show, not Game of Thrones. I am okay with the way the acting was handled.

I think she was more in shock, and the knowledge that the prophecy was coming true ovewhelmed her more than the actual pain of losing limbs. It was as if she had the look of realisation on her face that she couldn't change the past.

Her reaction didn't bother me. It actually reminded me of a kid I went to school with. We were all messing around in the gym after school and he fell on his wrist and the bone went through his skin. He stared at it for a while then calmly asked someone to call his mother. :funny:

I would go with Yo-Yo being in shock. We had a soldier who had a traumatic amputation of a couple of fingers without any screaming or whatever reaction we are looking for Elena to have shown.

I remember in a Justified episode the villain Quarles gets his arm cut off while Deputy Marshal Raylon Givens was holding it. Both of them just had the same WTF expression that Natalie Cordova-Buckley used in her performance.

Yo-Yo is the worst speedster ever. Pointless character.
I forgot to complain about this when it aired. lol
Counterpoint: She's actually the best. By having limitations the writers aren't forced to have the character forget to use her powers or occasionally have them nerfed. (See: The Flash and Foxy Pete aka Quicksilver).

Even with her limitations she could have grabbed a single gun and dropped all the adversaries with a single head shot, then return to her starting position.

I wish they at least created a plot point like she's too tired to access her full speed or she had a knee injury.

I'm glad she's not op, but I wish the writers were a bit more consistent with her powers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"