Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - 5x12 "The Real Deal" Discussion Thread

Well, I guess that would solve the issue with the Avengers thinking he's actually dead if they do it.

Deathlok sighting!!

And the shippers get their wish.

Well, that was a twist.

Wow soo many things to talk about, dethlok, a wedding, jemma and fitz have a kid, coulson dying, great episode.

Wow soo many things to talk about, dethlok, a wedding, jemma and fitz have a kid, coulson dying, great episode.

Deke isn't Jemma & Fitz's child, he is their grandson or great grandson.

Still annoyed that Yo-Yo is keeping her mouth shut.

Are they heading toward the rift causing the explosion? Let's go with that, then. If the 3 monoliths exploding created the rift, then what happened to create the explosion in the original timeline when the Earth first exploded without them being brought to the Lighthouse to find them?

Pretty great, emotional episode. The acting really sold it.

Wow go goosebumps when Deathlok entered the scene. But that joy turned to dismay when they said he wasn't staying, and he's goes solo.

They need to dedicate multi ep arc to him, or at least give him his own web shorts like they did with Yoyo.

My local station thought high school basketball was more important so they didn't air this until 2:00am. Haven't seen it yet. :cmad:

In a recent EW interview Jeph Loeb commented that Coulson's hiatus from MCU proper "may get resolved in a very surprising way". Though I'm glad they went in a different direction, Coulson being in a coma since 2012 would certainly qualify as surprising.
http://ew.com/tv/2018/03/09/avengers-coulson-alive-infinity-war-shield/

I'm guessing the ultimate reveal will be that the Coulson that survived Loki's spear is in a different dimension than the one that died, and the Netflix shows are in another still. A favorite fan theory was that WB would use the concept of a multiverse to connect the DCEU to the CW shows and I wouldn't be surprised if Marvel used that concept.

In a recent EW interview Jeph Loeb commented that Coulson's hiatus from MCU proper "may get resolved in a very surprising way". Though I'm glad they went in a different direction, Coulson being in a coma since 2012 would certainly qualify as surprising.

I'm guessing the ultimate reveal will be that the Coulson that survived Loki's spear is in a different dimension than the one that died, and the Netflix shows are in another still. A favorite fan theory was that WB would use the concept of a multiverse to connect the DCEU to the CW shows and I wouldn't be surprised if Marvel used that concept.

Did anybody notice that Phil's memory on the operating table was "Mr Stark said anything you need" Meaning Mr Stark possibly always knew that Coulson survived.

Well Ghost Rider went to another dimension and it is possible that the Lighthouse started a new timeline so I would stick any split from the movie side at one of those two points, not the beginning.

Having the films and shows in different dimensions would be stupid. Should just have it all on the one Earth. I always hated that Multiverse crap in the DC TV shows.

Did anybody notice that Phil's memory on the operating table was "Mr Stark said anything you need" Meaning Mr Stark possibly always knew that Coulson survived.

Well that could have been Tony just wanting to do everything in his power to help him. But perhaps he was not told the outcome of the procedure. He might still believe that Coulson is dead.

Well that could have been Tony just wanting to do everything in his power to help him. But perhaps he was not told the outcome of the procedure. He might still believe that Coulson is dead.

Or Tony being Tony, a behind the scenes little guy is not someone he would hang with. Just that Pepper seemed to like him when he turned up. Tony did his job and disappeared like he does with everyone else, except Peter Parker.

Going by how old Robin was, I’m guessing Deke is their Grandkid. We also know he was one of the last people to be conceived the “old fashioned way”.

Still annoyed that Yo-Yo is keeping her mouth shut.

Are they heading toward the rift causing the explosion? Let's go with that, then. If the 3 monoliths exploding created the rift, then what happened to create the explosion in the original timeline when the Earth first exploded without them being brought to the Lighthouse to find them?

That happened in the original timeline. Remember, they weren't sent to the future by someone coming back and getting them, they were sent to the future because of a (self-fulfilling?) prophecy.

Having the films and shows in different dimensions would be stupid. Should just have it all on the one Earth. I always hated that Multiverse crap in the DC TV shows.

The problem is that the movies and TV shows don't feel like they are existing within the same reality. Fans of AOS in particular have to twist themselves in knots explaining why world changing events on the show - Terrigen fish oil! - have no impact on MCU proper. Unless there are real, meaningful connections TV and film may as well exist within different realities.

Deke isn't Jemma & Fitz's child, he is their grandson or great grandson.

Grandson, it seems.

Turns out a lot of people pawn wedding rings. I had to find one that was gonna be small enough for his little-boy fingers. And then, for hers, found this ring that looks just like this one that my mom used to wear sometimes. It was my grandma's, I think.

The problem is that the movies and TV shows don't feel like they are existing within the same reality. Fans of AOS in particular have to twist themselves in knots explaining why world changing events on the show - Terrigen fish oil! - have no impact on MCU proper. Unless there are real, meaningful connections TV and film may as well exist within different realities.

I'm well aware of that. But if they had it revealed that the shows and films are in different realities that would just infuriate fans of the shows. Here's a way to ensure there are connections between AOS and the films.

Have the Avengers learn Coulson is alive. Doesn't matter how it is found out, it just needs to happen.

I'm well aware of that. But if they had it revealed that the shows and films are in different realities that would just infuriate fans of the shows. Here's a way to ensure there are connections between AOS and the films.

Have the Avengers learn Coulson is alive. Doesn't matter how it is found out, it just needs to happen.

I never saw that as a big deal. I mean on the way to the Strucker base do you really need a Phil got us this intel throw away line. Or anything else. They have 180 minutes top while TV has 22 plus episodes. Coulson may be important to some but he was just one agent among many who was taught to have fallen years ago. As Stark's SHIELD liaison he was not a dinner guest and best friend, that was Happy and Rhoady.

I never saw that as a big deal. I mean on the way to the Strucker base do you really need a Phil got us this intel throw away line. Or anything else. They have 180 minutes top while TV has 22 plus episodes. Coulson may be important to some but he was just one agent among many who was taught to have fallen years ago. As Stark's SHIELD liaison he was not a dinner guest and best friend, that was Happy and Rhoady.

Well to some MCU fans that is a big deal. I myself think it's long overdue for that revelation to happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"