Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - 5x15 "Rise and Shine" Discussion Thread

terry78

My name is Stefan, sweet thang
Reaction score
Plot: Coulson uncovers Gen. Hale's true agenda.

Haha, young Sitwell and Strucker. Also, the episode number should be like 15 I think.

I wonder if we're gonna get a Carol Danvers reference.

Did he just reference squidbillies?

I can't decide if they're referencing Infinity War or some other alien invasion.

This episode was so enjoyable I didn't realize there's only five minutes left. Why can't this be a two hour episode?

Ok i have not said this in probably 4 years this was not a great episode. The whole alien plotline is just not that interesting and omg i hate the ruby character not sure if its the actress or whatever its just bad. Only cool thing was the simmons and fitz scene at the end. Next week looks to be better.

I think the spaceship was Thanos. Not sure who the confederacy is.

The Confederacy...I'm pretty sure...is the Kree and their allies. Remember, Kasius was selling Inhuman warriors to the highest bidder...and part of what the Confederacy wants is Inhuman warriors. It'd be weird if it wasn't connected to the stuff going on in the future.

The Confederacy...I'm pretty sure...is the Kree and their allies. Remember, Kasius was selling Inhuman warriors to the highest bidder...and part of what the Confederacy wants is Inhuman warriors. It'd be weird if it wasn't connected to the stuff going on in the future.

Yeah, that's the way I understood that. I'm hoping that the warning about the impending war is in someway related to Thanos. It would feel a little weird if there is another potential invasion besides Thanos. Anyway, this was another thoroughly enjoyable episode, I always like seeing Talbot brought in, he is a great character. This episode also did some cool things with fleshing out some of the history of Hydra, young Sitwell and Strucker was cool.

Ok i have not said this in probably 4 years this was not a great episode. The whole alien plotline is just not that interesting and omg i hate the ruby character not sure if its the actress or whatever its just bad. Only cool thing was the simmons and fitz scene at the end. Next week looks to be better.

It felt like all set up for the finale run with no real story for this episode.

that was, I think, the most enjoyable episode in weeks. I'm a little bored with Hydra (again) but Talbot saved it for me. From "I still outrank you!" to "Calamari Mata Hari" he had the best lines in the whole season

I don't think it was the "official" Kree, remembering the warrior coming to deal with the Inhuman abominations that Lady Sif and S.H.I.E.L.D. stopped. With a closer look at the alien Confederacy officer being introduced to one of Earth's Mightiest Heroes, he looked more green than blue to me but maybe I am projecting. If he turns up green in the light I bet the species is never identified.

Hydra Prep hurt me. back when I read Ironman Jasper Sitwell was basically in the Coulson role at Stark international and the S.H.I.E.L.D. agent I liked. While not as shocking as The Winter Soldier reveal I still don't like them turning my guy from 40 years ago.

I really don't like Talbot but I also LOVE Talbot. He's such a jerk, but he's so funny. And I just loved his instant support for Phil and SHIELD and knowing immediately that it wasn't Daisy that shot him or fell for Hale's attempts to get him to distrust SHIELD (basically Phil.) The bromance is real and I am here for it. I want them to escape Hydra High and bicker the entire way. *angels begin to sing*

I don't really like Ruby either, but she did defend her dog against Hydra's ridiculous rule of having to kill your beloved pet so she gets points for that. Hale didn't, but she also shot that guy when he was trying to insist Ruby kill it, so maybe a few points are thrown her way too. Naturally, Hale's inability to see Phil's warning as genuine is going to be her downfall. What I don't get about Hale is when she had Fitz in custody why she instantly rejected his conclusion that the rest were taken by aliens when she herself was communicating with aliens, which also makes her instant rejection of Phil telling her what he saw irksome. People just get so invested in their plans that they don't like someone else coming along and telling them they were all for nothing. :/ But it's pretty clear that the team going after Phil is the "saving Phil" warning that Yo Yo was trying to give. Will she say it again once she wakes up and finds out what May and Daisy are up too?

I want to be angry at Fitz, but I can't. I was surprised however at how quickly Mack forgave his actions. But when he started to tell Simmons how it was different being in the Framework they way they were, his understanding made more sense. (I still don't understand why Doc Fitz sent the robot for Yo Yo if all he needed was Daisy unless it was just a tactic to keep Mack and the others busy while he completed his operation...?) And Fitz's claim that maybe he should list the times Daisy did things against the team felt like a cheap shot, until you consider his history. When he was growing up his dad left, he joins SHIELD and his first team in the field is torn apart when the one person he admires, Ward, turns out to be evil and tries to kill him and Simmons, then it turned out May was lying to them all, after Daisy finds out she's an Inhuman she pretty much abandoned them even though Fitz was on her side without question immediately (not that I blame her since discovering who her parents were was her main motivation for most of her life, I'm just speaking from Fitz's POV), when SHIELD fell apart May joined BSG SHIELD against the rest, then Daisy got taken by Hive and I bet he's not including whatever she did under his control on his list, because after she was back under her own control she abandonded them again to become a vigilante, SHIELD appoints a new Director and he turns out to be a liar, and they lost Hunter and Bobbi as team members. So he's had to learn over and over and over that sometimes people do awful things, even to the people they care about, in order to achieve an overall good goal. (Except Ward. He just sucked.) Pretty much it was just Fitz's turn to do something the rest didn't like. Having said all that, if I were Daisy I'm sure I'd be furious at him as well. Mostly because she's terrified that she is the reason the Earth cracks apart and he took her one barrier against that possibility coming true. If he had come at her with the idea of trying to figure out how to reinsert the power nullifying thing, she might have gone along with his plan willingly, but he took that option away from her, and that lack of choice is probably what hurts the most. But he was stuck between a rock and a hard place and had the "bonus" of a psychotic version of himself riding shotgun and really there was no way that wasn't going to end up horribly. Poor Fitz. And on top of it all he's got Deke as a grandson. Hahahahahaha. His reaction was priceless.

My question is, where is Ruby's dog now?

Last edited:
Why couldn't Fitz at least hit Daisy with some anesthesia or something before he pulled the inhibitor out of her?

Why couldn't Fitz at least hit Daisy with some anesthesia or something before the pulled the inhibitor out of her?

Leopold did give a line about unfortunately he could not give her more. After hearing my dentist say the same thing to me I can accept it in this story

Man did they do a great job at casting young Sitwell.

I'm really hoping the "war" they say is coming i referring to Infinity War and that the AoS job isn't to stop it from happening but letting it happen.

I really don't like Talbot but I also LOVE Talbot. He's such a jerk, but he's so funny. And I just loved his instant support for Phil and SHIELD and knowing immediately that it wasn't Daisy that shot him or fell for Hale's attempts to get him to distrust SHIELD (basically Phil.) The bromance is real and I am here for it. I want them to escape Hydra High and bicker the entire way. *angels begin to sing*

I feel exactly the same way, I keep expecting to hate him but every time they pull it off and I end up rooting for him. So glad he wasn't cornered into being an antagonist.

Where's the episode thread for this? Can a mod split off the posts from this thread into its own separate episode thread?

Edit: Ok that was very fast service - literally the moment i made the request.

Although isn't it episode 15 not episode 10?

Last edited:
Man did they do a great job at casting young Sitwell.

Indeed! I could really see it in his eyes! I thought maybe they were playing around with their de-aging technology (like with young Tony Stark at the beginning of Civil War), but then realized that this show would never have that kind of money to splash out on a glorified cameo...

pretty sure this is tying in with Infinity war. that ship they showed looked like the one we saw at the end of Thor Ragnarok.

Who was the song by at the beginning of the episode? Was it an original done for the episode? It seemed to have Hydra subliminal messages in it but it was sure catchy.:woot:

Cards on the table: Fitz is wrong. As wrong as he can possible be. Period. And I'm gonna need everyone to recognize and realize that.

Who was the song by at the beginning of the episode? Was it an original done for the episode? It seemed to have Hydra subliminal messages in it but it was sure catchy.:woot:

The song is Motion Pictures by Twisted Avenues.

I didn't get a chance to ask about the second song in the episode, though.

I really liked this episode (minus the Daisy worship) it got off to a really strong start.

I'm still annoyed at the wrenches they continue to throw at Fitzsimmons. And I'm not feeling Dove Cameron. I'm only familiar with her from Hairspray Live, which I thought she was perfect in but not so much here..

since when are the Kree aligned with the Chitauri and Thanos? I'm pretty sure Ronan was an exception

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"