Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - S02E18 - "The Frenemy of My Enemy"

Uskok

MCU fan
Reaction score
GRANT WARD MAY BE COULSON’S LAST HOPE, ON “MARVEL’S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.” ON ABC

“The Frenemy of My Enemy” – A dangerous new alliance is formed as Coulson and Hunter turn to the last person anyone would expect – Grant Ward! As the war between S.H.I.E.L.D. factions continues, Skye and Lincoln will find themselves drawn into this conflict, on “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.,” TUESDAY, APRIL 21 (9:00-10:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

“Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” stars Clark Gregg as Agent Phil Coulson, Ming-Na Wen as Agent Melinda May, Brett Dalton as Grant Ward, Chloe Bennet as Skye, Iain De Caestecker as Agent Leo Fitz, Elizabeth Henstridge as Agent Jemma Simmons, Nick Blood as Lance Hunter, and Adrianne Palicki as Bobbi Morse.

Guest starring are Henry Simmons as Alphonso “Mack” Mackenzie, Henry Goodman as Dr. List, Kyle MacLachlan as Cal, Jamie Harris as Gordon, Maya Stojan as Kara, Dichen Lachman as Jiaying, Luke Mitchell as Lincoln Campbell, Kris Lemche as Ethan, Staci Roberts as Paula, and Trenton Rostedt as Hoodie Guy.

”The Frenemy of My Enemy” was written by Monica Owusu-Breen and directed by Karen Gaviola.

Oh this should be fun (especially if/when May, Fitz-Simmons, and Daisy find out).

I want Ward on the team full time. this might be a way-even if no one trusts him.

He was loyal to Garrett-not Hydra.

I never thought he was recoverable-this gives me hope.

I want Ward on the team full time. this might be a way-even if no one trusts him.

You want a backstabbing double traitor on the team?

Sort of (a) killing Grant for good, ending his story, or (b) demoting Brett Dalton to guest star I think this is inevitable, they can only keep a series regular separated from the others for so long before the character begins to feel extraneous to the show. This is particularly noticeable in season 2B, with Brett being absent from 4 out of 5 episodes so far and all signs pointing towards being absent in the next 2 as well.

Now, they had a chance to do (a) in 2.10 but chose not to and have yet to resort to (b), which tells me they still have plans for the character, plans that have to be pretty big to justify keeping Brett out of work for practically half a half-season, which, let's face it, sucks for an actor. For that to work, however, they have to be interwined at least on some level with the current big picture, which is SHIELD vs SHIELD and Inhumans, or they fall yet again in the extraneous category, thus the need for Coulson to get Grant Ward's help.

Oh, and before people cry foul and say that Coulson would never ask for Grant's help, I'd like to point out that Thor did pretty much the same thing with Loki in "Thor: The Dark World" and I don't recall anyone claiming that movie character assassinated Thor because of that.

f99a188504b31be9983c39243b482f7a.jpg

You want a backstabbing double traitor on the team?

technically mockingbird and Mack are traitors. what happens to them-circumstances-i think Gonzales is actually Hydra.

They aren't traitor to Shield, Hartley/Mack/Bobbi have always work for Gonzales and his Shield.

technically mockingbird and Mack are traitors. what happens to them-circumstances-i think Gonzales is actually Hydra.

They work for Gonzales' S.H.I.E.L.D. faction. They're infiltrators, not traitors. Grant Ward is a traitor to both S.H.I.E.L.D. and HYDRA, and to quote Senator Ward:" his friends, his family, and his nation."

They aren't traitor to Shield, Hartley/Mack/Bobbi have always work for Gonzales and his Shield.

They still betrayed Coulson, though, and while I agree that after all is said and done they won't be wholly rejected as Ward was - they may be adversaries but they aren't the enemy - they also won't be seen as completely trustworthy either.

Ok-try this what was the strangest line of conversation in last weeks episode.

to me it was when Coulson and Gonzalez were talking in coulsons office.

Gonzalez left Shield to be with his sick wife then came back.

Suppose the Gonzales that left Shield is NOT the one that came back.

with all the things that have happened on this show and in the movies is that so implausible.

why was this line put in. Coulson could have just said started young like me and left it at that.

Dr List from the Winter Soldier is back in the episode.

They still betrayed Coulson, though, and while I agree that after all is said and done they won't be wholly rejected as Ward was - they may be adversaries but they aren't the enemy - they also won't be seen as completely trustworthy either.

They didn't betray Coulson because they were not loyal to him in the first place. Their boss is Gonzales, not Coulson.

Ok-try this what was the strangest line of conversation in last weeks episode.

to me it was when Coulson and Gonzalez were talking in coulsons office.

Gonzalez left Shield to be with his sick wife then came back.

Suppose the Gonzales that left Shield is NOT the one that came back.

with all the things that have happened on this show and in the movies is that so implausible.

why was this line put in. Coulson could have just said started young like me and left it at that.

You have too much imagination.

They didn't betray Coulson because they were not loyal to him in the first place. Their boss is Gonzales, not Coulson.

You have too much imagination.

me or the writers of this show.think about it.why put in that line. to show that
gonzales left and came back. the reason why was immaterial.

don't you think another betrayal is coming from 'somewhere'. this is AOS. a betrayal seems to come every other week.

Is AOS going to become RAOS. Coulson will work for Gonzales. what seems more plausible for this show

Last edited:
me or the writers of this show.think about it.why put in that line. to show that
gonzales left and came back. the reason why was immaterial.

To explain how much loyal to S.H.I.E.L.D. he is. The simplest explanation is usually the correct one.

Going by your logic, Ward didn't betray Coulson either, as he was never loyal to him but to Garrett. :whatever:

Ward being a traitor or not don't really matter (but he is a traitor to Hydra though)
He is a killer, he kills innocent policeman, innocent soldier, his family, worked for Hydra,etc
And he is awesome too :woot: , looking forward what happens to him.

To explain how much loyal to S.H.I.E.L.D. he is. The simplest explanation is usually the correct one.

this is Agents of Shield. since when was the simplest explanation ever used on this show.:woot:

this is Agents of Shield. since when was the simplest explanation ever used on this show.:woot:

This is a thing that doesn't need to be explained at all. You are turning one simple sentence into some big conspiracy theory.

This is a thing that doesn't need to be explained at all. You are turning one simple sentence into some big conspiracy theory.

your right.
coulson is fighting this and he will lose. Gonzales will be the new head and Coulson will work for him. all will be forgiven

sounds like season 3 all set

your right.
coulson is fighting this and he will lose. Gonzales will be the new head and Coulson will work for him. all will be forgiven

sounds like season 3 all set

I don't care who wins and who looses. The only thing I care about is seeing the two S.H.I.E.L.D. factions united. As far a I'm concerned, Billy Koenig can be the new head.

I don't care who wins and who looses. The only thing I care about is seeing the two S.H.I.E.L.D. factions united. As far a I'm concerned, Billy Koenig can be the new head.

you are approaching this as if it's real life. Boring. this is a tv show:woot:

http://www.zap2it.com/blogs/avenger..._captain_marvel_or_post-credits_tease-2015-04

In an interview with Entertainment Weekly, director Joss Whedon and Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige reveal that there will be an appearance of a "familiar" female character in "Age of Ultron," but it won't be the highly anticipated Captain Marvel.

"It's not a big deal, but it's a good character," Feige says. "Freaks and Geeks" star Linda Cardellini and Julie Deply have both been confirmed as members of the "Ultron" cast but neither Whedon or Feige would reveal their characters.

How are you so sure they'll eventually be united? For all we know their anti-alien stance could grow to such an extreme they become a threat to many innocent people around the globe just because they're "guilty" of posessing the Inhuman genes. There's no unification in such a scenario, only extermination.

Last edited:
Linda Cardellini and Julie Deply have both been confirmed as members of the "Ultron" cast but neither Whedon or Feige would reveal their characters.

Julie Delpy is playing a character named Madame B. & Linda Cardellini is playing Hawkeye's Wife, Laura Barton

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"