Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - S2E3 "Making Friends and Influencing People"

Thank you Silvermoon! looking forward to posting. I dont register very fast to a message board, but I love this show and the MCU. Dont know a lot of people in my surrounding that watch AoS, so I need people to talk about it:woot:

Ideally Donnie froze himself to preserve his body.

I don't think it'll be long before Raina and Skye's father find him, or he makes a return. He was a good villain, for sure.

I think your right about Donnie, he will be back. I also think he will be a villian because SHIELD shot him, but in this episode he looked like he was on SHIELD's side.

Last edited:
- When Jemma is describing the samples, she is careful to attribute it to environmental factors, and explicitly not to genetics. Perhaps a secret wink and a nudge to our X-friends over at Fox?

Well in the comics Blizzard first got his powers from a suit but later on he was exposed to Terrigen mists and developed his ice powers.

Now the question is how did Donnie Gill come into contact with Terrigen?

I thought he got his powers from his machine. At least that's what we saw ans Simmons hypothesized.

Well in the comics Blizzard first got his powers from a suit but later on he was exposed to Terrigen mists and developed his ice powers.

Now the question is how did Donnie Gill come into contact with Terrigen?
While I am curious to see how/if they explain it further (he got struck by lightning while holding a device!), I just thought it was funny how they were careful to let us know he's definitely NOT a mutant!

Has anyone noticed that Whitehall's brainwashing technique is called the Faustus?

"Mr. Bakshi, let's go again. Where do we start? At the beginning? Like the song says, a very good place to start.You and I both know the Faustus method takes time. And I've got plenty."

Also, there was a model of Red Skull's giant plane, the Valkyrie, on Whitehall's desk.

Didnt notice the model. Thanks for the heads up. Hydra needs to be working on something to bring back their lord and master Red Skull.

I would love to know what the team stole from the Hydra cargo ship.......I guessing supplies?

^^^ or what was originally taken from SHIELD in the first place

Another great ep, they really seem to have found their groove.

I'm really digging Ward right now. You want to believe that he's on the level & sincere but you just can't shake the feeling that if he gets out bad things are going to happen. So kudos to Brett Dalton (and the beard) for that.

I'm afraid for Simmons :( I knew she wasn't Hydra!

That the beauty of good writing... we're ALL afraid for Simmons!

So many layers in this episode.

Would Fitz have gone farther and injured or killed him had Ward not indicated the danger the team was walking in to? How far gone is Fitz in that regard? Was Ward sincere or is he playing a larger game? Did he really want to give Fitz/Simmons a fighting chance when he dropped them in to the sea or is that cover after the fact? Is he playing Skye or does he want to help her?

One thing I'm enjoying is how legitimately dangerous and evil Hydra feels. They don'tplay.

Was Ward sincere ....did he really want to give Fitz/Simmons a fighting chance when he dropped them in to the sea...

I was on that bandwagon back at the height of Ward/HYDRA-mania. The relentless need to leave the door to a redemption arc open was obvious. Couldn't shoot Buddy either (and of course we all now realize Buddy was the REAL CLAIRVOYANT!!!).:oldrazz:

I have been really impressed this season with both the Ward and Fitz characters!

Here's my guess: Eventually Simmons will be found out (and possibly brainwashed) and the team will have to save her, however, they will need Ward's help and he will end up saving Simmons thus beginning his redemption arc. Just a guess :)

Or...he's Wonder Man

Here's my guess: Eventually Simmons will be found out (and possibly brainwashed) and the team will have to save her, however, they will need Ward's help and he will end up saving Simmons thus beginning his redemption arc.

I support your theorie:shr:.
Would Fitz have gone farther and injured or killed him had Ward not indicated the danger the team was walking in to? How far gone is Fitz in that regard?

I'm guessing he would let him pass out and turn the oxygen back on. I think he wouldn't kill him. Eather that or he forgets how to put the oxygen back on and kills him unintentionally:woot:

Was Ward sincere or is he playing a larger game? Did he really want to give Fitz/Simmons a fighting chance when he dropped them in to the sea or is that cover after the fact?

Well...Garett gave him to order to kill them and he didn't. So I guess he really did give them a (slim...very slim) fighting chance.

One thing I'm enjoying is how legitimately dangerous and evil Hydra feels. They don'tplay.
"That's why HYDRA will win. Because while a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent is considering right and wrong, HYDRA's already taken the shot." :woot:

The stakes do seem higher this year. The show can only improve with a sharp decrease in silliness.

I was just wondering why they decided to use live rounds instead of the Icers when they went after Donnie?

Particularly when Skye decides to shoot him?

:huh:

If Skye didn't, then Hydra would still have him. They had to take out the asset before it fell into the wrong hands. ICErs would be a tactically poor decision. Now maybe May and Lance should have used them, though, but it's still a close call.

It was an okay episode. Not as good as the premiere. Glad to see Simmons back for real this time. I wonder if she will be brainwashed. I do hope to see Donny Gill actually in a Blizzard costume next time round, otherwise he'll start feeling like these Smallville freaks of the week.

Who is Agent 33 supposed to be? Anyone significant? I wonder if Bobbi Morse was brainwashed, or is she also undercover?

It was an okay episode. Not as good as the premiere. Glad to see Simmons back for real this time. I wonder if she will be brainwashed. I do hope to see Donny Gill actually in a Blizzard costume next time round, otherwise he'll start feeling like these Smallville freaks of the week.

Who is Agent 33 supposed to be? Anyone significant? I wonder if Bobbi Morse was brainwashed, or is she also undercover?

This show was better than the first 2 in my opinion..... Agent 33....not much is known about her...even in Marvel's database
Agent May said there's others....so that mean Bobbi is undercover, and probably others as stated.

That song is shear perfection and should be her theme song/tune for the rest of the season!

The song that was playing when Jemma was getting ready for work is from a British musical film called "God Help The Girl", by a group of the same name.

Here is the full song:

[YT]lAZOmYUh6wY[/YT]

Last edited:
On another note, if the events of this episode were real and people encountered Donny Gill, wouldn't one's first instinct be to refer to him as Ice Man rather than Blizzard? I know he hasn't called himself that yet and it's only referred to as "Project Blizzard" by Hydra, but if Skye or some of the other Agents of SHIELD saw him, wouldn't they more naturally call him Ice Man?

Of course, in reality, Marvel are prevented by Fox in calling him that, but his powers are definitely more like Ice Man's than either Blizzard's or even Ice Man in the X-Men movies.

I thought it was a good episode overall. Though I liked Fitz the first season, I'm enjoying broken Fitz more and more. I felt for him when he tried to confront Ward.

I was hoping Donnie would join Shield as the first gifted (and not set up to be a villian). I'm not sure if he'll return (him freezing up could be the loss of control upon death) but they did leave it open enough at the end for him to still be alive.

Also, I was wondering why Trip didn't go on the mission but I figured that scene with him and Coulson was prerecorded and he's busy with his other show.

... I think your right about Donnie, he will be back. I also think he will be a villian because SHIELD shot him, but in this episode he looked like he was on SHIELD's side.

I knew he was being set up as a villian when he killed the first guy who approached him. It felt like that guy was being threatened by Hydra but Donnie killed him all the same.

"That's why HYDRA will win. Because while a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent is considering right and wrong, HYDRA's already taken the shot." :woot:

It's funny he says that to Skye, yet she shot Donnie (considering it and all).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"