Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 1 Episode 22 "Beginning of the End"

Whiskey Tango

Avenger
Reaction score
YNZ5cA6.jpg

Dark secrets are revealed as Coulson and his team put everything on the line to stop Garrett and the forces of Hydra, on the explosive season finale.

Guest Starring: Samuel L Jackson as Nick Fury, Bill Paxton as Agent Garrett, J. August Richards as Deathlok/Mike Peterson, David Conrad as Ian Quinn, Ruth Negga as Raina, B.J. Britt as Agent Triplett, Patton Oswalt as Koenig, Josh Daugherty as Kyle Zeller, Nicole J. Butler as Aunt Mindy, Ajani Wrighster as Ace, Mark Berry as Navy admiral, Jeffrey Muller as Agent Kaminsky, Asif Ali as Jesse, Kyla Garcia as Mrs. Zeller, Glenn Morshower as General Jacobs, Jean Louisa Kelly as Dr. Keen, Cynthia Rose Hall as employee

Director: David Straiton
Writer: Maurissa Tancharoen & Jed Whedon
Original Air Date: May 13, 2014

Gallery

Promo

Clip #1

Last edited:
Aye, most everyone is assuming it's a recording or flashback or something. A few think he might somehow still be alive, or Ward killed an LMD. Who knows?

hmmmmm as the SHIELD turns

And what do you know? Glenn Morshower shows up as another general. He just has that perfect look for law enforcement/military leadership.

Have we even got a confirmation on a season 2 happening... :huh:
I can't see any reason why not. ratings are good, the episodes get better almost every week, both MS and Disney want it and it was the head of ABC who came up with the idea of the series originally. I'd say season 2 is a given.

I can't see any reason why not. ratings are good, the episodes get better almost every week, both MS and Disney want it and it was the head of ABC who came up with the idea of the series originally. I'd say season 2 is a given.

I hope so. I was so down on this show until after Christmas, and now it's one of my favourites. Such a turnaround :yay:

People really need to learn patience in tv. Not all tv shows can be great from the start, for very different reasons. Is just the nature of Tv. The "why should i be patient when other shows are great from the start" attitude will only get potentially great shows, even classics, off the air.

AOS is a great poster boy for TOLD YOU SO if we go back to last year. People were saying this may happen. All along. Im not asking fot two or three seasons of patience like in the eighties, things have changed, and that, now, may be a bit too much to ask. But we cant try to define the entire worth and nature of a show in just three epiosdes. Im not saying keep watching every week; its true there is too much to watch to keep live watches of every show with potential on air, but writing them off entirely and forever is a mistake. It goes against the natural needs of tv. And in the end, the biggest loosers, are us. Greatness is too dificult to find in spades to risk cutting its wings when its just starting to try to fly.

Im not referring to you hoy-small-fry, nor anybody concrete, just a general tought you inspired :)

It's a show that gives free marketing for Disney/Marvel's big movie universe. I don't see them canning something that does that.

And what do you know? Glenn Morshower shows up as another general. He just has that perfect look for law enforcement/military leadership.

maybe he's a nexus being; connecting the First Class universe and MCU.

Koenig LMD is actually plausible. He gave Ward the polygraph . He could have fled or never been there. An LMD caring for remote base, maybe. He did tell Phil that Fury lives.

Anyone being a LMD is not plausible until we actually see our first LMD. Until then, it's just blindly grasping at ideas and we don't know if the concept of LMD even exists in this universe.

Anyone being a LMD is not plausible until we actually see our first LMD. Until then, it's just blindly grasping at ideas and we don't know if the concept of LMD even exists in this universe.

Yes, we do. Tony even makes a joke about LMDs to Coulson in IM2.

Okay...so the concept exists as a joke. We have yet to meet one or been shown that they exist as anything other than a punchline. Yet, Coulson was obviously a LMD. Dead Fury was obviously an LMD. Pierce was obviously an LMD for Red Skull. The entire plot of Cap 2 was about LMDs. People have thrown that out there as the "I just know it" excuse so many times...eventually Marvel may decide to use it...and there will be no glory in being correct that time, after it's been used as a theory so many times already.

And how pathetic would it be if we learned that LMDs exist because Marvel refused to kill freaking KOENIG??? I mean...what a useless, unimportant character...and people are so desperate for no one to ever die in this universe that must eventually accommodate unknown hundreds (thousands?) of characters that they cant even accept his death. We already cant trust death scenes...and now you want incredibly minor, forgettable tv show characters to come back because even they have LMDs??? It would ruin the concept of death in the MCU.

Yeah, bringing LMDs into the MCU would be a massive mistake.

People really need to learn patience in tv. Not all tv shows can be great from the start, for very different reasons.

I actually think that the run-of-the-mill, average, mundane episodes in the beginning of the season might have been that way as a means to set the stage for the big scene at the end.

Think of the season like a roller coaster ride. The beginning is very flat, to build speed. The climb to the top of the vertical curve isn't particularly exciting, but is very necessary. It's only when you go over the tangent point of the curve that the fun really begins.

The producers have said they were working with full knowledge of what was to come in Cap 2, but had to be careful to build their plot without spoiling the bigger Cap 2 surprise.

We needed to see a more average, day-to-day operation of SHIELD to begin with, in order to build up the suspense and to work our way up to the point where things got interesting. This gives the story the emotional build-up it needs so that when the big moment came (Out of the Shadows and Into the Light) we would realize the full effect of what had just transpired.

Don't get me wrong, some of the early episodes were very flat, and I chalk that up to being the first season, and writers finding their grove. (Think of how bad Season 1 of Star Trek: The Next Generation was, compared to what followed) But, ultimately I think the writers wanted us to have a fair understanding of what SHIELD was, and what they do, so when they lit off the nuclear implosion, it would be that much more impressive.

As for this show getting a Season 2...I wouldn't bet against it. I think of how much universe building this show did, leading up to Cap 2, and what it is doing as the follow up, and I can't imagine anyone turning down the opportunity for an even bigger build leading into A2. Hydra is revealed, and the after credits scene in Cap 2 tells us we've only scratched the surface of how deep Hydra runs in the modern day. This is the perfect wheelhouse for Agents of SHIELD to work in, and Agents of SHIELD is the perfect vehicle to set up the circumstances that will bring Earths Mightest Heroes back together again.

:yay:

Okay...so the concept exists as a joke. We have yet to meet one or been shown that they exist as anything other than a punchline. Yet, Coulson was obviously a LMD. Dead Fury was obviously an LMD. Pierce was obviously an LMD for Red Skull. The entire plot of Cap 2 was about LMDs. People have thrown that out there as the "I just know it" excuse so many times...eventually Marvel may decide to use it...and there will be no glory in being correct that time, after it's been used as a theory so many times already.

And how pathetic would it be if we learned that LMDs exist because Marvel refused to kill freaking KOENIG??? I mean...what a useless, unimportant character...and people are so desperate for no one to ever die in this universe that must eventually accommodate unknown hundreds (thousands?) of characters that they cant even accept his death. We already cant trust death scenes...and now you want incredibly minor, forgettable tv show characters to come back because even they have LMDs??? It would ruin the concept of death in the MCU.

Yeah, bringing LMDs into the MCU would be a massive mistake.

Wow. What have you guys got against LMDs? :huh:
For the record, I'm not one of the ones proposing that Koenig used an LMD. But I think the jury's still out on LMDs being in play for Coulson and/or Nick Fury, at the very least.

As for LMDs making deaths "cheap" in the MCU: they're already cheap with Coulson's resurrection, Loki's "death" in TDW, Fury's "death" in TWS, Tony's "death" in IM3, Pepper's "death" in IM3, Bucky's "death" in TFA, and I'm already getting tired coming up with instances. There's plenty more out there. It's a nod to the genre, and comes with the territory. The old saying goes, with some variation, that the only people who stay dead in the comics are Uncle Ben, Bucky, and Jason Todd. Of those three from that old saw, two have already reappeared in the comics....it's only a matter of time before Uncle Ben comes back from the dead, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"