Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 1 Episode 22 "Beginning of the End"

Discussion in 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' started by Whiskey Tango, Apr 28, 2014.

?

Rate s1e22 'Beginning of the End'

1. Loved it

2. Really liked it

3. Liked it

4. Didn't like it

5. Hated it

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. SonOfIvaldi

SonOfIvaldi Well-Known Member

Default mode - protecting Garrett could limit their actions to pure defense

2. SonOfIvaldi

SonOfIvaldi Well-Known Member

Here's an odd point - in the finale, I preferred Garrett's chest plate to the one currently on Deathlok. I hope they upgrade Deathlok's chest plate in future seasons

3. Nathan

Nathan ...

What about the beginning of the Episode then? Where you have several super soldiers in the basement with the team, and instead of rushing them and again, slaughtering them in seconds, they only knock out Triplet, apparently not even breaking a single one of his bones, two get taken out by guns, May steals the staff, and then apparently everyone went on a coffee break, because I don't hear anyone getting shot or punched for way too long.

They seriously need someone super powered on the team, so we can avoid these scenarios.

4. Heretic

Heretic Well-Known Member

I agree...it's a bit of a flaw on the show. I guess May had that Asgardian weapon, which should be able to take on Extremis guys...but they seemed to be able to put up a better fight in Iron Man 3.

5. herolee10

herolee10 No More Miracles

So did fitz just get friend zoned? Lol I noticed on how after he gave his big confession to Simmons, she just kissed him everywhere on his face except for his lips, almost like how some sibling like friends do.lol

6. Ant-manic

Ant-manic Well-Known Member

it's a weird relationship. she used to pack him "sammiches" for his missions.

7. Paladin-Hoss

Paladin-Hoss Well-Known Member

Man, i'm glad i kept watching the show! i was so close on giving up on the show, but the last few episodes has been excellent! few hiccups here and there nothwithstanding.

This finale gave us more than satifactory payoffs to the several storylines that's been running since the beginning of the show, so thumbs up from me!

There were several highlights during the finale, but the most memorable to me was the beating may gave to Ward...that was sooo cathartic because it's a long time coming!

8. queenkale

queenkale Nature lovin' Nerdy Girl

That's what I thought, she wanted him to know that she loves him, just not in the same way he loves her.

9. Mike Murdock

Mike Murdock Well-Known Member

When did he say that? Unless he was clearly talking about the season finale, I'd imagine the old friends would be Fury and Hill and the ghost would be Koenig.

Well, they went with that name because they wanted to avoid confusion with "The Shield," so I doubt they'll change it. It's also a play off of Nick Fury, Agent of SHIELD.

On the contrary, I think he kind of has to keep the whole organization a secret, not just his identity.

Well, given the way it ended, I think she was telling the truth when she later said she was speculating that it was a Kree and had no inside knowledge. After all, unless they told her specifically (as opposed to finding out through the scripts), she couldn't have found out (since there wasn't any reveal this season). And it seems unlikely they'd tell her since they like to keep their cards close (they didn't tell Ward until much later, for example). Don't get me wrong, he's definitely a Kree, I just don't think she has any inside knowledge on that point.

10. coluanprime

coluanprime Well-Known Member

I completely agree, Garrett looked amazing! It's probably too expensive to do on a regular basis though... That's they only reason I can think would be logical for Mike's costume. (It's definitely grown on me though, I wish the showed the leg more often and they had integrated the vest into the shirt more so it looked less like a vest.)

11. Silvermoon

Silvermoon Made To Be Ruled

In a tweet from Monday:

12. C. Lee

C. Lee I'm not old...I'm ancient

Ok guys...we are getting tired of this.....

Post civilly or DO NOT POST

If you don't like what someone says, you have 3 choices....(1) respond civilly (2) ignore it (3) report it. Making snarky replies, calling people names, or threatening to report to intimidate doesn't cut it.

The boards are for friendly discussing debating and arguing....you can do this with out being mean rude crude intimidating offensive etc......

13. Mike Murdock

Interesting. It still feels like Koenig would be the ghost, though, but I don't think there's anyone else who's an old friend in the episode.

14. C. Lee

Our system picked you up when you registered...I was wondering what you were doing making a new name...I see it was to troll....so now all your names are banned. This is a message board...no one killed your mother or had sex with your dog.....try to move on in life.

Last edited: May 14, 2014
  15. Silvermoon

Silvermoon Made To Be Ruled

I could see the Destroyer gun counting as an old friend :woot:

16. Marvel

Marvel Well-Known Member

They are not full Extremis. They are a cocktail of different tech, less than full Extremis.

I've watched this twice and everything holds up better than I thought. The first time, I wondered why May would throw the Asgardian weapon away but it was the only way to bring the house down without burying herself. The only way they get away without being followed.

I also wondered why they shot at Coulson but didn't go after him as he chatted with Fury. It appears the had to stay close to Garrett physically. Garrett was too far gone and didn't consider Coulson a threat to follow him up there himself.

17. Monster_Robot

Monster_Robot Well-Known Member

Totally what I was thinking. Fantastic moment.

18. C. Lee

We really really mean this....

19. DN91

DN91 SSR Agent

I wonder what name Phil has for the gun (ala Lola, his car).

20. Vartha

Vartha Mod of Thunder

Thanks Big C. lol

21. Mike Murdock

Ooh, good point. I could see that.

22. DN91

DN91 SSR Agent

Everyone was expecting a character from the films, but no one saw The Gun coming.

23. C. Lee

GodSmacker.....

24. Vartha

Vartha Mod of Thunder

lol I was completely plotzing then lol I wasn't sure just how far I had to go to catch up with real time since I was watching on the college's Satellite tv

25. CapLover

CapLover Well-Known Member

Odd miscellaneous tidbits I'm still mulling over for Season 2...

1. The little black "toolbox" cube that Coulson received is probably some sort of massive database similar to what Harry Osborne received from his Dad in TASM2.

2. Coulson seriously ought to consider keeping May away from power tools... all of them.