Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents of SHIELD TV series for ABC - General Discussion - LEVEL 11 - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fury would likely have a good few sizeable 'slush' funds available for Coulson's new Shield to dip into.
Even so, the Bus is still huge so it requires a large airfield and it has no cloaking abilities so it can't be hidden very easily.

I heard what drained the budget most were the on location international shoots.
Although I did like the fact that it made SHIELD out to be global I felt that they could have perhaps faked some of it and reserved money for more consistent CG.
One example of great tv CG was Deathlok's leg reveal, but then you get crap like when they froze the pool over that looked horrendous, and then something that should be relatively inexpensive like wardrobe and practical effects were done so shodily.

Even so, the Bus is still huge so it requires a large airfield and it has no cloaking abilities so it can't be hidden very easily.

The Bus is capable of vertical take off/landing (we saw it land that way on a carrier) so a big enough spot outside the new base's hanger bay would be enough.

Last edited:
The lack of funds can be easily tackled. This is how i see things happening. Maria Hill launders money from Stark International and passes it to Fury for his helicopter fuel and incidentals. Fury gives it to his one good eye Coulson to keep SHIELD alive.

Tony finds out and uploads his book-keeping software into a robot body - Ultron 1, which starts out as a fund-tracker, and then goes rogue and wants to rid the whole world of humans and their money, which shows in the end that money is the root of all evil'
:) :o

Maria Hill should just air her laundry... and Pepper Potts... and Natasha Romanoff's... and Scarlet Witch's... especially if it's just their underwear. :oldrazz:

The lack of funds can be easily tackled. This is how i see things happening. Maria Hill launders money from Stark International and passes it to Fury for his helicopter fuel and incidentals. Fury gives it to his one good eye Coulson to keep SHIELD alive.

Tony finds out and uploads his book-keeping software into a robot body - Ultron 1, which starts out as a fund-tracker, and then goes rogue and wants to rid the whole world of humans and their money, which shows in the end that money is the root of all evil'
:) :o

Why not just come clean & tell Tony that Coulson is alive & is trying to establish a new & Better SHIELD & Tony agrees with funding it as long as Coulson is in charge ?

Why not just come clean & tell Tony that Coulson is alive & is trying to establish a new & Better SHIELD & Tony agrees with funding it as long as Coulson is in charge ?

Too much logic for the comics :o

Maria Hill should just air her laundry... and Pepper Potts... and Natasha Romanoff's... and Scarlet Witch's... especially if it's just their underwear. :oldrazz:

All donations from the show goes to Coulson and his team

good question but now I have what should be the obvious question if during the winter soldier matter fury [BLACKOUT]faked his death how could he promote Coulson to acting director wouldn't his authority end the moment fury was declared dead ?[/BLACKOUT]spoiler blacked out

good question but now I have what should be the obvious question if during the winter soldier matter fury [BLACKOUT]faked his death how could he promote Coulson to acting director wouldn't his authority end the moment fury was declared dead ?[/BLACKOUT]spoiler blacked out
Well, SHIELD doesn't exist anymore so it Fury wouldn't have had authority regardless of whether or not he was officially dead.

Or not? Fury gave Coulson the toolbox, so he could rebuild SHIELD and lead it as the Director. He was more or less giving the man his blessing to do it.

That's how I took it.

the writers goofed then

No they didn't. SHIELD now has as much legal authority as a private club does. In other words, none. But that doesn't mean the guy in charge of a private club can't choose someone else to take over as the head of the private club. Particularly since it's a private club, it doesn't even matter if people think that person is alive or dead, as long as the people in the club know.

Do we know for certain that SHIELD is no longer getting funding from the Security Council/presumably the United Nations? Like, if the FBI was infiltrated by, I don't know, the Mafia or something, and the Mafia managed to kill hundreds of FBI agents and cripple most of their operations before getting found out, would the US government just say "Well I guess the FBI is over now," or would they keep funding what remains of the organization in order to rebuild?

I'd think it would be the later.

Anyway, as for Coulson's promotion, he may very well be the highest ranking SHIELD agent who isn't dead, in prison, or on the run from the law right now, so his promotion might have been automatic from a chain of command standpoint and Fury was just letting him know that/pushing him into the role.

Do we know for certain that SHIELD is no longer getting funding from the Security Council/presumably the United Nations? Like, if the FBI was infiltrated by, I don't know, the Mafia or something, and the Mafia managed to kill hundreds of FBI agents and cripple most of their operations before getting found out, would the US government just say "Well I guess the FBI is over now," or would they keep funding what remains of the organization in order to rebuild?

I'd think it would be the later.

Anyway, as for Coulson's promotion, he may very well be the highest ranking SHIELD agent who isn't dead, in prison, or on the run from the law right now, so his promotion might have been automatic from a chain of command standpoint and Fury was just letting him know that/pushing him into the role.
The world's governments have apparently decided the other way since S.H.I.E.L.D. is now a terrorist organization. Also it's a lot more complicated than the FBI which is solely run by the US, SHIELD is run by a ton of countries all of who have differences.

Coulson was also probably not the highest-ranking SHIELD agent left, he was only level 8 and he was also only a team leader, I got the impression that even Hand outranked him. Also, the chain-of-command argument isn't entirely flawless because in CATWS, Pierce became director, not Hill.

The world's governments have apparently decided the other way since S.H.I.E.L.D. is now a terrorist organization. Also it's a lot more complicated than the FBI which is solely run by the US, SHIELD is run by a ton of countries all of who have differences.

Yeah, true. I wonder, is all of SHIELD officially considered to be a terrorist organization, or are they simply rounding up and investigating everyone associated with SHIELD to root out HYDRA?

Coulson was also probably not the highest-ranking SHIELD agent left, he was only level 8 and he was also only a team leader, I got the impression that even Hand outranked him. Also, the chain-of-command argument isn't entirely flawless because in CATWS, Pierce became director, not Hill.

Well, Hand is dead. That was kind of my point. A ton of SHIELD agents either died, defected, or were arrested. That may have happened to everyone above Coulson who wasn't Hill or Fury.

As for Pierce, Pierce outranked Fury. Fury was the organization's director. Pierce was the bureaucrat who Fury answered to. Theyir relationship, I would think, was analogous to the director of the FBI (Fury) and the Attorney General (Pierce). So what Pierce did was the equivalent of the AG issuing direct orders to the FBI during a time of crisis when the director was killed and there wasn't time to choose a replacement.

Didn't they say Peirce was Secretary of SHIELD? I kinda remember that. With Fury being Executive Director.

But I agree with what The Question is saying. Pierce one way or the other out ranked Fury

The multiple nations funding SHIELD thing would be an interesting route to go. Like, maybe the US decides to cut funding for SHIELD, but some weird former Soviet state is still footing the bill somewhere.

How will SHIELD be financed? Well they can borrow a couple dollars from me and use my pick up truck =D

Yeah, true. I wonder, is all of SHIELD officially considered to be a terrorist organization, or are they simply rounding up and investigating everyone associated with SHIELD to root out HYDRA?

I'd assume that stopping Garrett and his cohorts, as well as saving several high-ranking military officials would be enough to get authorities to drop the "terrorist" designation for what remains of SHIELD. Maybe they'll address that in the premiere.

Just because they proved themselves helpful doesn't mean the government trusts an organization with absolutely no oversight but access to weapons beyond the capacity of the military and a tendency for secrecy. One moment doesn't make up for the actual danger posed by Operation Oversight.

I'm hoping that this season, since they don't have to spend money on creating the CGI bus for several scenes an episode, that they can spend more money on sets, costumes, and effects.

Bless this post, words of wisdom
But I'm afraid that willsee again bad photo composit with blue screen (the falling lola scene) and sets with lights out, soap opera photography.

And even the writers and directors pool scares me... All assistants and unknown dudes

Learn How Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Begins Its Second Season

http://marvel.com/news/tv/2014/9/8/23214/learn_how_marvels_agents_of_shield_begins_its_second_season

Peggy Carter! Glenn Talbot! Carl Creel!

Wow. Really surprised that they're introducing the Kraken this early. Thought he might be saved for later in the season.

Awesome to see Talbot returning right off the bat (and his daughter?). Awesome to see that Peggy is making some appearances this season, obviously to set up her mini-series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"