Agents of SHIELD TV series for ABC - General Discussion - LEVEL 11 - Part 3

Discussion in 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' started by Thread Manager, Sep 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr. Evil Registered

2. Xeno That's America's ass!

I doubt that the trailer will boost the ratings. Most of the GA won't even be aware of it. Fans may tune in for it but that won't help unless they have Nielsen boxes.

3. Quasimod0 Bell-Ringer

Another fantastic episode. This show delivers week after week. And thank God Skye's dad is a big presence now. This season needed a better villain. I was getting tired of just Whitehall and his sidekick guy

4. Heretic Registered

Just an aside...

A few episodes ago when they focused on Skye's heart rate and the fact that she wears a wrist monitor for it, I theorized that when her heart rate hits a certain point, she'd gain powers. In the latest episode, her father is a man who, when he reaches a certain level of emotional intensity, gains powers.

In other words, I'm still not done with the idea that we haven't seen the last of that heart rate monitor of Skye's.

5. seahammer Asgardian

Yeah, I had no idea she was so tall. She was a very imposing presence in every scene she was in (except for when she hugged Mac, who is practically a frost giant).

6. spideyboy_1111 Young Avenger

Oh it will definitely boost ratings some. As for people not being aware.... every entertainment media source from cinemablend, to entertainment weekly posted about it on facebook and twitter... people know about it

7. Shazam Registered

Is it too much to have Mockingbird "blonde"?

I noticed they referenced the blonde hair.....but come on.....

8. marcvader Lurker #1

What's the issue? Do you know she's not blonde in the next episode she's in? Not that it's an indicator but the actress is sporting blonde right now.

9. spideyboy_1111 Young Avenger

10. Havok83 Registered

How newcomer friendly is this season? I dropped the show after a few episodes last year bc I thought it was bad. Im thinking of trying to watch again. Would I be completely lost if I started with the premiere?

11. DN91 SSR Agent

The season premiere does have a brief recap of the important things happening last season, so you won't be lost.

12. Pokkle Registered

13. TheLastAvenger Registered

It's fine for newcomers, but something definitely is lost if you don't at least watch the last 6 episodes of Season 1. In my mind, that's when the show "started," for lack of a better term.

14. cph9fa Registered

Season 2, I think, is decently accessible. Last night, for example, they were explaining the alien carvings, and its relation to the serum in a way that would be new-viewer-friendly.

For me, last season, episode 10 was when things first started to come together. If you want to follow the general arc of season 1, my list of recommended episodes would be:
    1: Pilot
    5: Optional, but first Raina & Po, more detail on Centipede, first mention of Clairvoyant
    10-11: The team hunts Raina, Peterson wounded & apprehended, Coulson remembers his brain surgery, Po killed
    13-14: The team discovers Deathlok, Skye shot, Guest House, alien serum & Kree corpse discovered
    16-22: The team starts hunting the Clairvoyant in earnest, until Hydra is revealed.

15. spideyboy_1111 Young Avenger

Raina has really grown on me. I hope she ends up getting some pretty cool powers that compliment her trademark flower dresses.

Shes a bit week and meek when outsmarted, so id like to see her gain powers to compensate

16. spideyboy_1111 Young Avenger

Raina has really grown on me. I hope she ends up getting some pretty cool powers that compliment her trademark flower dresses.

Shes a bit week and meek when outsmarted, so id like to see her gain powers to compensate and make her a threat again

17. jaqua99 ....I need a horse!

"THe Garrett I knew was long gone. Whatever replaced him, I don't think was suppose to live"...so that "dead" aliens personality/consciousness is slowly making its way back into the body it was injected.

Remember my theory that Coulson becomes Captain Marvel, and specifically, that they are two minds sharing coulson's body? Ha

18. Whiskey Tango Registered

19. Havok83 Registered

Thanks. I'll try and check that out

20. hoy-small-fry It's a dance-off bro!

I love Bobbi Morse. She's so badass and imposing. Lovely dynamic with Hunter and Mac too, team dynamic continues to impress

21. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

Blonde, yes, Mockingbirdy, no. Definitely a nice, anonymous tactical look, but I can't help wondering why their costume designers don't integrate comic iconography in more. That's a big part of why the Marvel movies were so successful among the geek crowd--they may have made changes to the costumes, but they embraced the key elements and built around them. They could've given her flowing sleeves or goggles or the oversized buttons down one side of her costume or even her f***ing color scheme, at least.

22. Matt Mortem Karloff is King

I want to watch this, having not seen a full episode at all yet. They took Season 1 off Hulu, which bums me the hell out.

23. Marvel Registered

And the trailer leaking today doesn't help anyone.

24. MrSpyder Spider-Man's in the MCU

Enjoyed this episode lots of twists and turns

25. Donut Registered

It's in low crappy quality. People will want 2 see it in HD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.