Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents of SHIELD TV series for ABC - General Discussion - LEVEL 11 - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
How newcomer friendly is this season? I dropped the show after a few episodes last year bc I thought it was bad. Im thinking of trying to watch again. Would I be completely lost if I started with the premiere?

It's fine for newcomers, but something definitely is lost if you don't at least watch the last 6 episodes of Season 1. In my mind, that's when the show "started," for lack of a better term.

I have a few family members in that situation. (Yes watching the last six episodes is preferable and quite the treat especially if you enjoyed Captain America: The Winter Soldier). They want to watch now after not watching last year.

So, since they won't binge watch, I gave them these links kind of like cliffsnotes of last season...

Agents of Shield TV Show Catch Up
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWgDwWC4yVk

Agents of SHIELD - My Top 10 Moments (Season 1 Spoilers)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPNwpzi73mQ

They officially released the trailer in HD

[YT]tmeOjFno6Do[/YT]

Mockingbird!
EAhVxLa.jpg

Apart from the Mockingbird awesomeness I also liked the scene with Coulson and Raina, the way he played her as he knew he had a protection plan in place for Simmons was great. Kinda surprised her reunion with Fitz was so muted, I guess both are kind of introverted emotionally.

So is Skye's father a comic book character?

Apart from the Mockingbird awesomeness I also liked the scene with Coulson and Raina, the way he played her as he knew he had a protection plan in place for Simmons was great. Kinda surprised her reunion with Fitz was so muted, I guess both are kind of introverted emotionally.

Did you enjoy your reunion scene with your ex wife and were you surprised by that?

Obviously their initial reunion was rather awkward. Fitz has just convinced himself that he needs to let her go, and Jemma, I think, is not quite sure how to react around him due to his... condition. No doubt them dealing with it will be a sideplot next week.

So much for the possible boost that AoS could have gotten with the premiere of the AoU trailer.

^ I also think it's important to note that they left on extremely awkward terms. Or, more accurately, we last saw them together on extremely awkward terms. I understand why their reunion would be awkward for them.

They officially released the trailer in HD

[YT]tmeOjFno6Do[/YT]

Agents of SHIELD people: The Age of Ultron trailer will boost ratings
[Trailer leaks online]
AoS People: Oh well, at least it's not in HD
[Marvel releases HD trailer]
AoS People: Damnit

Is this guy playing piano daniel whitehall? its from the new avengers age of ultron trailer ..

1414064702-vlcsnap-2014-10-23-13h41m25s230.png

Highly unlikely any AoS characters will be in Age of Ultron.

Why? They're trying in earnest to tie everything together, and a quick cameo would be a cheap and efficient way to do it.

As for Fitz and Simmons, I think their awkwardness has a lot to do with the fact that their friendship was built on emotional competition. They'd challenge each other to solve problems and try to one-up each other by showing that their methods were better for whatever situation they found themselves in. That is completely destroyed by Fitz's condition. He may still be able to work his way to genius ideas, but he won't be effortlessly multitasking a bunch of scientific tasks alongside Simmons in-between quips. Add to that Fitz's confession about his feelings for Jemma and the fact that Jemma, who was clearly into Tripp, probably doesn't reciprocate those feelings, and the fact that Fitz still feels abandoned by Jemma because he didn't know she was undercover in Hydra, he thought she was gone for good. They're essentially looking at each other as completely new people because so much of their core identities has changed in unexpected ways.

It's like when you have a friend from elementary school, then one of you moves and you completely lose contact, then you meet them again as adults. There's a cognitive dissonance going on between your expectation of them and the reality you're presented with--hence, awkwardness.

Based on the trailer for Age of Ultron, I'm not certain how an angry sentient robot who most likely doesn't give two flying flips about HYDRA will fit into the show.

Ultron wants to exterminate everyone, that includes SHIELD and Hydra. The Agents of SHIELD will probably clean up the debris and stop people from gathering dangerous technology from the debris.

Based on the trailer for Age of Ultron, I'm not certain how an angry sentient robot who most likely doesn't give two flying flips about HYDRA will fit into the show.

One rumor has it that Avengers 2 opens with an attack on a HYDRA base. If this is the case, I think there will be some overlap between the action onscreen and the last few episodes of the year.

Perhaps the AOS team is attacking the base from a different angle, and the two teams have a brief encounter on film? Or perhaps the previously captured AOS team are freed by a newly signed Robert Downey Jr., who agreed to make an appearance in exchange for all of the money?

In any case, last year's synergy between CA:TWS and AOS was a season highlight, and with Joss Whedon overseeing both productions there will definitely be some synergy.

The AoS team will almost certainly not appear in the film. I doubt even Coulson would be mentioned, based on what Joss has said in the past (unless he changes his mind, or was throwing us off).

However, I wouldn't be completely surprised if, early in the film, they make a reference to a mysterious remnant of loyal SHIELD agents who has also been fighting HYDRA.

She was pretty badass. :up: I didn't expect her to come off so well. This season continues to surprise me.

That's what I liked best about her. She was so efficient and ruthless, but there's a fun side to Bobbi when she interacts with the team. She's the perfect middle ground between May and Skye's personalities. In an age where people are hammering studios for not making good female characters, Marvel have knocked it out of the park with Bobbi Morse

I noticed on the AOU IMDb page, BJ Britt / Antoine Triplett is listed on the cast with "(rumored)" placed next to it.
We know Nick Fury will be in the cast, which has me wondering what plot line that would serve.

Last edited:
I noticed on the AOU IMDb page, BJ Britt / Antoine Triplett is listed on the cast with (rumored) placed next to it.
We know Nick Fury will be in the cast, which has me wondering what plot line that would serve.

It's because some people claimed to have seen him in the AoU set one day, but there's a chance they have just mistaken Anthony Mackie, confirmed to be in the movie, with him.

It's because some people claimed to have seen him in the AoU set one day, but there's a chance they have just mistaken Anthony Mackie, confirmed to be in the movie, with him.

I see, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back