Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents of SHIELD TV series for ABC - General Discussion - LEVEL 11 - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
And don't forget, Reed Diamond is a Joss guy. I could easily see Whitehall being in AoU.

It's an interesting dynamic they've introduced with those two. They were basically attached at the hip last season and now there's this big wedge between them.

It's a great set-up for a slow descent into supervillainy for Fitz. Which probably won't happen. But it could! And he could have a robotic death monkey! With lasers! Laser Monkey!

"THe Garrett I knew was long gone. Whatever replaced him, I don't think was suppose to live"...so that "dead" aliens personality/consciousness is slowly making its way back into the body it was injected.

Remember my theory that Coulson becomes Captain Marvel, and specifically, that they are two minds sharing coulson's body? Ha

Yes, I hope they do something more interesting than Coulson just drawing glyphs/constellations/star maps or whatever.

I'm amazed at how much I am enjoying each episode this season. They've really found their rhythm, I hope that they get renewed for a third season.

They just need a better costume department and the show would be mint.

I'm amazed at how much I am enjoying each episode this season. They've really found their rhythm, I hope that they get renewed for a third season.

They just need a better costume department and the show would be mint.

Yes, they need a better costume department - but the show looks SO much better when they have really good fight scenes - Agent May fighting Agent 33 was so much better than just about anything last season. Even so the fight scenes are not as good as Arrow.

If AoS takes the fight scenes up a notch (especially with mockingbird) It will get more positive word of mouth

True fans should be voting in the People's Choice Awards...

http://vote.peopleschoice.com/#!/home/all

Vote this best sci-fi show and vote for Clark Gregg and Ming-Na Wen as best actors.

(Might as well start at the beginning and show proper love for Winter Soldier, DOFP and GOTG as well)

anyone know when Maria Hill is returning.....we know she will at some point but I wonder how they fit her in since she will be working for Tony

Yes, they need a better costume department - but the show looks SO much better when they have really good fight scenes - Agent May fighting Agent 33 was so much better than just about anything last season. Even so the fight scenes are not as good as Arrow.

If AoS takes the fight scenes up a notch (especially with mockingbird) It will get more positive word of mouth

The fights have been better as well as the pacing and I've been especially impressed with the CG.

But then the Hydra swat suits make me want to retch when thinking of all the better ways the uniforms from CA:TFA could have evolved.
Mockingbird's costume looks pretty muted and I'm quite apprehensive about the return of Deathlok given these lackluster developments I doubt he'll be treated with as much improvement as he desperately needs.

If they do plan on cancelation I hope they at least tie things up in a satisfactory way.

The fights have been better as well as the pacing and I've been especially impressed with the CG.

But then the Hydra swat suits make me want to retch when thinking of all the better ways the uniforms from CA:TFA could have evolved.
Mockingbird's costume looks pretty muted and I'm quite apprehensive about the return of Deathlok given these lackluster developments I doubt he'll be treated with as much improvement as he desperately needs.

If they do plan on cancelation I hope they at least tie things up in a satisfactory way.

Costumes is a good point - but the AoS universe is a little different to Arrow, or Flash and not in a good way for Comic Book lovers

The AoS universe has spies (we really need more spies but done properly) and not so many costumed heroes or villains .. well not just yet.

It's a little thing, but I think the lack of costumes in general, and the poor design when costumes are used, has cost the show viewers

Deathlok could have been awesome without spending anymore - instead he looked like he was wearing a laser tag chest plate. just a small change in design would have gone a long way.

Onto Mockingbird, I understand Mockingbird can't have a bright white stripe, but dull grey .... really?

Sidenote:
Ironically, Arrow made Black Canary look and act more like Mockingbird than Black Canary, oh and they gave her decent fight scenes

Dude. Stop. Just....stop.

Stop what?
I said if.

Just feels like a tangible reality.
What are the chances of the ratings going up? It seems more likely that it will near 1.5 than it will 2.0.

At some point I just imagine that ABC won't view it as profitable if not enough eyes are on to see the ads.

At this rate I'll be happy to see a third season that doesn't leave us hanging.

Costumes is a good point - but the AoS universe is a little different to Arrow, or Flash and not in a good way for Comic Book lovers

The AoS universe has spies (we really need more spies but done properly) and not so many costumed heroes or villains .. well not just yet.

It's a little thing, but I think the lack of costumes in general, and the poor design when costumes are used, has cost the show viewers

Deathlok could have been awesome without spending anymore - instead he looked like he was wearing a laser tag chest plate. just a small change in design would have gone a long way.

Onto Mockingbird, I understand Mockingbird can't have a bright white stripe, but dull grey .... really?

Sidenote:
Ironically, Arrow made Black Canary look and act more like Mockingbird than Black Canary, oh and they gave her decent fight scenes

They certainly do shy away from costumes but the MCU seems to be evolving if the Netflix shows live up to expectations.

I think the absurdity of costumes will be lifted because citizens of Earth-199999 have had their perceptions of reality turned on their heads.

Lower level vigilantes and criminals should be influenced to suit up in order to feel as grandiose as god-tier heros and villains.

Haven't watched Arrow but I never cease to hear praise for the action.

I'd bet my dogs testicles we're getting a third season.

What are the chances of the ratings going up? It seems more likely that it will near 1.5 than it will 2.0.
The real test will be to see what the ratings do when AoS is showing new episodes while everyone else is showing repeats (which should occur since we were told we weren't going to have as many breaks this season as last season did. One or two here or there for holidays or events and the like, but my understanding is that the largest/longest is mostly going to be that 8 week (or so) break in Winter when Agent Carter is shown). The +3 & +7 ratings are good... so people are watching the show, just time-shifted/not live. Some of those people it might be because they prefer to watch other shows Live/Same Day that lose their impact when not watched live (i.e. sports (the World Series) or reality/competition shows like The Voice).

I mentioned this in the Ratings thread, episode 3 was a 1.6, episode 4 - which was the first week that The Voice went to it's regular 1 hour Tuesday and no longer had a 2nd hour that aired during AoS, AoS ticked up to a 1.7. Had the World Series not been on Tuesday, I think it would've been interesting to see if the upward tick (without The Voice interfering) would've continued (here's hoping no World Series game 6 is needed on Tuesday - though with them tied 1-1 right now....).

Anywho, if even just some of those viewers who are watching it time-shifted (for whatever reason) can be drawn back to live/SD viewing when everyone else is on repeats - there's a good chance (IMO) they might be inclined to make AOS their live/SD show when those other shows return.

Just my thoughts.

Last edited:
Especially if the quality keeps up and those people realize it is worth sticking around for.

Sidenote:

I agree. It often felt like we were watching Mockingbird on screen. It would be a shame if Palicki's Mockingbird can't match Caity Lotz's BC.

And I don't like the dull grey either. It does give it a very generic feel. Isn't the white colour scheme on her costume meant to derive from an actual mockingbird?

i-00b19f64c7f3414422286df99fb47693-Mockingbird_recognise_indiv.jpg

The white middle section is integral to the look of the bird from which she gains her name. As for the other colour on her, well sometimes it's been depicted as grey, sometimes dark blue and sometimes black. But white is the more essential element, which they're completely missing now.

It would be a shame if Palicki's Mockingbird can't match Caity Lotz's BC.

She won't. Caity Lotz is an accomplished martial artist.

From wiki
"Lotz is also a martial artist, with some training in Taekwondo, Wushu and Muay Thai. She is also a practitioner of Parkour and Tricking."

I picked up on it straight away when she was doing her own stunts in Death Valley.

And in the Blue Corner we have....

Wonder+Woman+Adrianne+Pailicki+shows+off+wonders+DGFxSt8STEPl.jpg

She won't. Caity Lotz is an accomplished martial artist.

From wiki
"Lotz is also a martial artist, with some training in Taekwondo, Wushu and Muay Thai. She is also a practitioner of Parkour and Tricking."

I picked up on it straight away when she was doing her own stunts in Death Valley.

And in the Blue Corner we have....

Wonder+Woman+Adrianne+Pailicki+shows+off+wonders+DGFxSt8STEPl.jpg

Looks like she took her wrist bands, filled them in and turned them into her battle staves. :hehe:

It's an interesting dynamic they've introduced with those two. They were basically attached at the hip last season and now there's this big wedge between them.

It's a great set-up for a slow descent into supervillainy for Fitz. Which probably won't happen. But it could! And he could have a robotic death monkey! With lasers! Laser Monkey!
Thing is that scene Fitz seems slightly distracted still, like the Imaginary Simmons is talking too. lol

Thing is that scene Fitz seems slightly distracted still, like the Imaginary Simmons is talking too. lol

Yeah I noticed that too. He's become my fav character with his story arc this season.

I wanna see him attached to Mac's back and sent into the field like Mad Max's Masterblaster.

"Yippie-ki.... yippie-ki... wats de wurd... yippy-ki"

"Yay?"

"That's it, Yippee ki-yay, mudderfuggers!"

Cue Mac bustin skulls with a big wrench and Fitz hacking their phone and putting all Hydra's nude selfies online.

Fade to black

**SHIELD LOGO**

Last edited:
I've seen for the first time Orange is the new black.
Asking myself hard why they casted Suffron Burrows for Vic Hand when Laura Pepron walk on this planet.

I've seen for the first time Orange is the new black.
Asking myself hard why they casted Suffron Burrows for Vic Hand when Laura Pepron walk on this planet.

Because Scientologists only believe in one superhero.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"