Agents of SHIELD TV series for ABC - General Discussion - LEVEL 11 - Part 3

Discussion in 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' started by Thread Manager, Sep 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lilbaz Registered

Think he might be a bit busy with Avengers AOU at the moment.

2. BatsDC Side-Kicker

At least Palicki can act. Lotz might have been good in the fight scenes, but she was ridiculously wooden in all her other scenes.

3. Mike Murdock Registered

I suspect it's more common than we would think. It's certainly dying out and any television model that relies on that is increasingly outdated (particularly among the target demo who are certainly likely to flip channels if they even watch TV live at all).

My Tuesday is Flash followed by Agents of SHIELD so I'll flip too (it's also the most broadcast television I've watched since high school).

4. Hunter Rider Ronin

:lmao:

5. coluanprime Registered

I was thinking this too. By the time SHIELD is filming tie-ins, he'll probably either be close enough to or finished with post to either write or direct the tie-in episode(s?)

6. Arrowshieldfan Registered

Since AOS is likely to have a season 3 do you want to see HYDRA as the main focus which is hopefully cripple or a new enemy facing the team? perhaps Skype father who double cross HYDRA for his own personal agenda. We can hope at least Coulson's SHIELD will not have to be underground anymore

7. Shikamaru Registered

Don't know if anyone brought this up yet, but has anyone else gotten the vibe Lance Hunter is practically Hawkeye-lite? I've felt that way since the start of the season.

His personality, the way he acts, his dynamic with the other agents, especially his dynamic with Coulson who is a fanboy of Cap and shares a lot in common with Cap worldview-wise...it's all similar to Hawkeye in the Avengers (in the comics). Now they introduce Mockingbird and reveal she's his ex-wife. In the comics, she was Hawkeye's ex-wife.

It feels like they wanted Hawkeye, couldn't use him so made up a character similar to him. This isn't a criticism at all, as I love Hawkeye and don't mind something more akin to him on the show. On the other hand, it really sucks we already know him better than MCU Hawkeye :csad:.

8. Lilbaz Registered

They made a character to bring some light humour to the team. Last season it was meant to be Fitz/Simmons but didn't really work. With Fitz being pitiful this season they needed someone who was a bit of a rogue who could bring some laughs. Not really working yet. But we'l see with his interactions with Mocking Bird.

9. Shikamaru Registered

He has so much in common with Hawkeye though.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not criticizing the show for it. Hawkeye is one of my favorite Avengers, so I kinda dig it. I said I'm just disappointed I already know him better than the actual MCU Hawkeye, but that's a criticism towards the movies and not towards the show at all (and yes, I know he'll get more screentime in Avengers 2, but I'm just commenting on what's happened up till now).

10. Lilbaz Registered

You might be right.

11. Lilbaz Registered

Which Agent is going to get brainwashed by Hydra? As they say in the theater you don't put a kalashnikov in the scene unless someone is going to use it.

12. DN91 SSR Agent

I'd love to see them battle AIM or the Ten Rings. That could help work towards having Robert Downey Jr. finally show up on AoS as a guest. (He did express a desire to want to appear on the show on Reddit recently)

13. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

I wish these baddies actually looked like their comic counterparts. AIM should be in yellow hazmat suits and Hydra should be in green. Is that so hard? Instead everyone has to be dressed very generically like they could be anybody.

14. sabetoonth Where You Get Those Eyes?

That's sort o the point, its like i everyone in Al Quada had it stamped on their foreheads. If the good guys have a harder time picking you out of a crowd, you're doing your job right.

15. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

But among themselves they don't need to hide. AIM could hear the hazmat suits when carrying out experiments, especially when they are a bunch of scientists. Hydra could wear the green uniforms when they're at their own base or training. Even SHIELD wore their own jumpsuits when on the helicarrier or at SHIELD facilities.

16. Dr. Evil Registered

I'm hoping that the big press conference that Marvel has announced is movie related. I doubt it's anything related to the show since any major announcements on the TV side usually involves a press release with a couple of quotes from Jeph Loeb.

17. coluanprime Registered

Is there any word on when Agent Koenig is going to show up again? He hasn't appeared since Shadows and won't be in Ep 6 either.

18. Intouch Registered

he's on a mission from what i remember .. i'd like to see him again

19. darthcoolness3 Registered

he's eating a season's worth of shawarma with his other Agent Koenigs

20. coluanprime Registered

Spoiler TV says ep 7 is called The Writing on the Wall. Hmmm, I wonder what that's about...............:oldrazz:

21. David_99 Cap'nCanuck

I assume it's just a measure to keep costs down. They keep adding new members to the team, meaning new actors to pay. Ward hasn't been in every episode either. Koenig is more of a Sidekick/Admin Assistant. He's very likable but not compulsory to the story. Just like Ward, who's going to have a bigger story next episode, I assume we'll have a Koenig-centric episode in the future that reveals his recent "mission" as some form of replication process, be it cloning or LMD'ing. Also, BJ Britt's appearances seem to be minor, if not few and far between. He's never in the middle of the action. That may be due to his acting schedule. Don't be shocked if he also "mysteriously disappears" for a few episodes.

#946 David_99, Oct 26, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2014
  22. David_99 Cap'nCanuck

I just re-watched Episode 4. One thing that bugs me, and hopefully it's addressed later, Bakshi sends Agent 33 to SHIELDs secret location... then, through torture asks May, to no success, where their secret location is!

23. Dr. Evil Registered

While narrating the ABC show "The Goldbergs."

24. Avid Avenger Registered

He sends them to the hanger in which the Bus is hiding (which is somewhere in Miami), not the actual SHIELD base (which is somewhere near DC) which is the one they really want the location of.

25. Mike Murdock Registered

^ Yeah, they only make it to the Bus. All the sabotage happens there. They don't end up finding out where the base is.

It's clearly about the show's low ratings and inevitable fate.

I kid, I kid :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.