Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents of SHIELD TV series for ABC - General Discussion - LEVEL 11 - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
DUM DUM! MORITA!!

Why isn't it premiere date for AoS yet? I'm foaming at the mouth here for it!

BTW: Here's the article that goes with that picture:

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Agents-SHEILD-Haley-Atwell-1086753.aspx
First Look: Haley Atwell's Agent Carter on Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Michael LoganSep 10, 2014 12:00 PM ET
by Michael Logan
BxLv0YlCEAADLLS.jpg

Kenneth Choi, Hayley Atwell and Neal McDonough

She fought the good fight in the Marvel comics and the Captain America films, now Agent Peggy Carter fights it again on Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. The badass heroine, played by Hayley Atwell, will be seen in a 1940s-era flashback kicking off the Sept. 23 season premiere of the ABC series — and TV Guide Magazine has the first look!

Back in the day, Carter was an integral member of the S.H.I.E.L.D. prototype group Strategic Scientific Reserve and her path was similar to that of Director Phil Coulson (Clark Gregg), who must now rebuild S.H.I.E.L.D. from the ground up after the seismic events of last season.

"Coulson is a big student of history and wants to return to those old ideals of Agent Carter's time," says executive producer Jed Whedon. "He's, like, 'Let's be the S.H.I.E.L.D. we were meant to be!' He wants to do the job right this time."

Atwell, who will star in the 2015 spinoff series Marvel's Agent Carter, is joined in the flashback by Kenneth Choi and Neal McDonough, playing their Captain America characters Jim Morita and Dum Dum Dugan, respectively. No word yet if either actor has signed for the Agent Carter series.

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. returns Tuesday, Sept. 23 at 9/8c on ABC.

Nice to see they brought back at least a couple Howlin' Commandos. Would be even nicer if they brought back Derek Luke's Gabe Jones, considering he's Tripplett's grandfather.

Please bring Dum Dum into the present SHIELD. I would love that so much.

I keep thinking… if they could do Dum Dum LMD…

:D

It's good to see Neal McDonough play a good guy every once in a while.

Shoot, that image above looks more GI Joe than the actual crap GI Joe movies we've gotten.

I guess Neal McDonagh is wearing a fake mustache this time round? He didn't have one for Suits. How would he suddenly grow that?

So this is pretty much my new favourite video :woot:
[YT]ft0GJDcSfx8[/YT]

My two favourite characters/actors in the MCU being utter dorks together, might have to make a profile pic change :woot:

pretty sure it was a fake stache in First Avengers as well... I don't see anyone actually growing that just for a movie role.

I guess Neal McDonagh is wearing a fake mustache this time round? He didn't have one for Suits. How would he suddenly grow that?

Supposedly they have to shave Jon Hamm's beard a few times a day while shooting Mad Men.

pretty sure it was a fake stache in First Avengers as well... I don't see anyone actually growing that just for a movie role.
In the BTS featurette about the Howling Commandos, McDonough was saying he had just shaved off the moustache before doing his interview and felt it was like losing another person. Plus, there are photos from just before and during the time he was filming TFA where he's seen going out to dinner and awards shows with it.

Yeah, he was even asked if he's growing it out, and he said it's got to be done. I don't see him wearing a fake mustache out to dinner.

Marvel Entertainment @Marvel
Verified account

EXCLUSIVE: Check out the 1st full shot of the #AgentsofSHIELD from the new season!​

A few things to note here...

- May seems to be giving Skye a look of...distrust? Jealousy? I don't know, but there's definitely a look!

- Fitz is sitting by himself, looking longingly at Simmons, who isn't paying him any mind.

- Ward is there. Obviously, he still playing a large part.

- Triplett is standing very close to Skye. Could they be romantically involved?

- May seems to be giving Skye a look of...distrust? Jealousy? I don't know, but there's definitely a look!

Hasn't she been training her since the finale? Maybe she sees some hints of something odd about Skye's skills and is keeping an eye on her instead of Coulson this season.

- Fitz is sitting by himself, looking longingly at Simmons, who isn't paying him any mind.

Simmons looks awkward, like her best friend dropped the L bomb and she doesn't feel the same way. What used to be a brother/sister relationship is now constant awkwardness which has put a distance between them.

Triplett is on the opposite side as Ward, closer to the team, maybe signifying that he took Wards spot?

That doesn't mean much. Nick Blood is standing close to Henry Simmons. That doesn't mean they're romantically involved. :oldrazz:

And I just realised that it's going to get confusing referring to Gemma Simmons and Henry Simmons just by their last names. They could start up a law firm called Simmons and Simmons. :woot:

BTW, it would've been even greater if AOS managed to get Tommy Lee Jones as well for the flashback, but I guess he's too expensive for just a cameo or even for a single episode.

I'm betting he makes deal to help them take down the remains of Hydra (he'd have a lot of useful intel on them) as long as they let him out of his cell to play along from time to time. They might put one of those little explosives in his head to keep him in line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"