Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents of SHIELD TV series for ABC - General Discussion - LEVEL 11 - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are a corporation with major obligations to shareholders so if they can gain something from it, I suspect they'll consider it.

You're right about him not being a mutate. However, Karl Lykos becomes Sauron after absorbing mutants, though. So it's closer than you're giving credit.

Im giving him plenty of cred. Hes an x-men villain more so than anything else.

Probably their version of the Talking Dead

Not exactly. It's a weird sorta-fake/real thing revealing plot elements with a fictitious framing device.

Though I wouldn't be against a Talking Dead-style after show discussing the latest eps.

Jemma's response to people with powers almost seems like Mutant hysteria/ persecution. It's like she wants to eliminate it completely from Earth like it's a plague. She seems like she could join an X-Factor type force or become like Bolivar Trask, destroying what she fears or doesn't understand. But what about those who engrave their powers?

She might only get worse after Age of Ultron and might aggravate Civil War. Whereas the issue might be one of registration, she might see it as one of eradication.

There is an internet "channel" called Afterbuzz TV, and all they do is post-show wrap-up reports for like a hundred different shows. Agents of SHIELD is one of them.

Jemma's response to people with powers almost seems like Mutant hysteria/ persecution. It's like she wants to eliminate it completely from Earth like it's a plague. She seems like she could join an X-Factor type force or become like Bolivar Trask, destroying what she fears or doesn't understand. But what about those who engrave their powers?

She might only get worse after Age of Ultron and might aggravate Civil War. Whereas the issue might be one of registration, she might see it as one of eradication.

I wonder how she feels about Dr. Banner
Would be a good question someone has for her

Y'know this pretty much sums it up rather than me writing 5 paragraphs lol. I really liked how it focused on the characters coping with the aftermatch of what happened at the temple rather than being an action ep, even though the sub plot where Coulson set the trap for Bobbi and Hunter to mop up the remains of HYDRA was cool.

I'm intrigued by what exactly Bobbi and Mac are up to as well. :hmm

If Bobbi and Mac aren't reporting to Stark or Hawkeye....then i'll be upset.....
Its not Hydra... (in my opinion)
But this has to be wrapped up quickly......tired of seeing betrayal in the form of other Shield members

also... now that the sony deal is all in place.... Jessica Drew seriously needs to join AOS... they can even start her off as a villain spy working for hydra. Since black widow in the MCU has never really played both sides as she's done in the comics, to the point you never know what side she's on or who shes working for.. Spider-Woman would be fantastic for this.. because she's always done that far beyond widow. I could easily see Jessica be a cross between Dottie on Agent Carter, and Eliza Dushkhu on Dollhouse. Where she almost doesn't know who she is anymore.. would be kinda cool to get an eventual breakdown and see her transform into a stable hero

If Spiderwoman is owned by Sony (one article said Sony owns all Spider related characters although I have no idea), they may well want to do their own series. Maybe they can get ABC to do it and link it with AOS.

Still think Bobbi and Mac are working for the government/Talbot. They will be the ones to make Shield legitimate again.

If Spiderwoman is owned by Sony (one article said Sony owns all Spider related characters although I have no idea), they may well want to do their own series. Maybe they can get ABC to do it and link it with AOS.

Still think Bobbi and Mac are working for the government/Talbot. They will be the ones to make Shield legitimate again.

I think spider-woman is complicated due to the name. She really has no relation to the spider-verse (well until spider-verse) but she 100% avengers.

Maybe marvel could have used jessica drew, but not been able to give her the title.

If Bobbi and Mac aren't reporting to Stark or Hawkeye....then i'll be upset.....
Its not Hydra... (in my opinion)
But this has to be wrapped up quickly......tired of seeing betrayal in the form of other Shield members

Maria Hill

There is an internet "channel" called Afterbuzz TV, and all they do is post-show wrap-up reports for like a hundred different shows. Agents of SHIELD is one of them.

Thanks for the heads up, just caught the last episode, not bad.

I must be in my own world then. I prefer to know as little as possible. I am kinda ticked that Marvel showed me that there will be a Hulkbuster v Hulk fight. In fact, I try to avoid everything but the first teaser trailer and then the 30 second commercials that I happen to catch on tv. The problem being that teasers are now giving away a ton of stuff, so I may have to start checking their length before pressing play.

My idea of a good trailer is Guardians of the Galaxy's first trailer. We got a feel for the movie...this was going to be a goofy, fun sci-fi adventure...we met the characters and got to know enough about them...and virtually nothing about the actual film was spoiled. In fact, part of that trailer was apparently shot just for the trailer, as the group had not yet met Drax, yet he was in the line-up with them.

I also like the approach of Man of Steel...the fuzzy clips of Zod threatening Earth...the Jor-El monologue over Superman taking flight. If that stuff didn't make up your mind for you about whether or not you wanted to see the movie, then I'm not sure that a 3 minute trailer showing all the important scenes would do the trick.

I'd say a general rule should be that not a single second of the final act of an action movie should be included in ANY of the advance promo materials.

I need a medium amount. I also dont like to build up wants and thoughts in my head that dont pan out. I dont want to get my hopes up either.

Id rather know some, but still leave a few surprises

I must be in my own world then. I prefer to know as little as possible. I am kinda ticked that Marvel showed me that there will be a Hulkbuster v Hulk fight. In fact, I try to avoid everything but the first teaser trailer and then the 30 second commercials that I happen to catch on tv. The problem being that teasers are now giving away a ton of stuff, so I may have to start checking their length before pressing play.

My idea of a good trailer is Guardians of the Galaxy's first trailer. We got a feel for the movie...this was going to be a goofy, fun sci-fi adventure...we met the characters and got to know enough about them...and virtually nothing about the actual film was spoiled. In fact, part of that trailer was apparently shot just for the trailer, as the group had not yet met Drax, yet he was in the line-up with them.

I also like the approach of Man of Steel...the fuzzy clips of Zod threatening Earth...the Jor-El monologue over Superman taking flight. If that stuff didn't make up your mind for you about whether or not you wanted to see the movie, then I'm not sure that a 3 minute trailer showing all the important scenes would do the trick.

I'd say a general rule should be that not a single second of the final act of an action movie should be included in ANY of the advance promo materials.

Well that's the great thing about all 3 trailers Marvel dropped for AoU. The really set the tone and hardly gave anything away IMO

I agree. The only real big offender that comes to mind in recent years was TASM2 where it's like they literally released 1/4 of the entire film before it's actual release date. Desperate much?

Riddick stands out to me.

I have NOT seen the movie, but this is what I gathered from the trailer...

It begins with Riddick stranded on a planet, struggling to survive. Then, bounty hunters arrive to kill him. He manages to kill several bounty hunters before being captured. Then, a greater threat arrives and the bounty hunters release him so he can help fight this new menace lurking outside in the dark.

While not included in the trailer, I can easily assume that more bounty hunters die and Riddick survives, escaping the planet.

Am I close?

In my opinion, a better trailer would have focused entirely on him fighting the bounty hunters. That way, you'd get a feel for the action, but not be spoiled about his being captured and then intentionally released to fight the enemy in the dark.

Riddick stands out to me.

I have NOT seen the movie, but this is what I gathered from the trailer...

It begins with Riddick stranded on a planet, struggling to survive. Then, bounty hunters arrive to kill him. He manages to kill several bounty hunters before being captured. Then, a greater threat arrives and the bounty hunters release him so he can help fight this new menace lurking outside in the dark.

While not included in the trailer, I can easily assume that more bounty hunters die and Riddick survives, escaping the planet.

Am I close?

In my opinion, a better trailer would have focused entirely on him fighting the bounty hunters. That way, you'd get a feel for the action, but not be spoiled about his being captured and then intentionally released to fight the enemy in the dark.

Haha I just saw that on HBO the other night and you absolutely nailed it! But in all fairness it was essentially the exact some plot from the first film featuring Riddick, Pitch Black. The only thing you missed is Riddick has the father of the drug addict merc from Pitch Black looking for his son the dad is played by the guy that plays Ra's on Arrow this season

Holy **** Fred Dryer! My granddad used to watch Hunter.

Man that's straight out of my wee years.

You can watch the videos on Youtube.

"I can't live as this repulsive creature."

"Then don't."

****. That's cold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"