Agents of SHIELD TV series for ABC - General Discussion - LEVEL 11 - Part 6

Discussion in 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' started by Thread Manager, Mar 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thread Manager Moderator

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is [split]490579[/split]

2. Thread Manager Moderator

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is [split]488253[/split]

3. Mike Murdock Registered

It's difficult to time, though, with all thirteen episodes dropping all at once.

4. Jordacar The Endless One

I just noticed that the last three eps this season drop after Age of Ultron. Can't help wondering how that'll play into things, if at all. Especially given how strong this season's been with not having to tie into any new releases.

5. eddy Make Mine Marvel

If this show lasts all the way through to the Inhumans movie, it will be in its 7th season :wow:

From the last thread:

Yes, he can guest star as Agent Rick Maury.

#5 eddy, Mar 7, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2015
  6. KDM1986 Midnight Sons Founder

If the show keeps up this level of storytelling I don't see why it couldn't last 7 or 8 seasons. especially if the Inhumans become a regular part of the show. Right now AOS is one of my favorite shows to watch.

I have been speculating with friends and family when we might see Deathlok return and we all agree that he could/should show back up when Calvin/Skye's dad forms his team. Also my bro thinks it would be great if Bobbi and Mack are Skrulls and we're seeing the beggining of the secret invasion storyline. Not likely I know but still a fun thought.

7. DN91 SSR Agent

I'm guessing those three episodes will be the fallout of the "Mack/Morse working for someone" arc.

8. JB-the-Hunter Booty hunter

I can't wait until we get to May 2016 with this show. F'ing Civil War.

9. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

Well, I want to actually see the cast in Civil War, and not be in this little pocket of the MCU where they're supposedly taking part in the war, but no-one seems to know they're there like with Cap 2. Have the cast show up in the movie, even for cameos, at least to give the appearance of a full scale war.

10. Heretic Registered

I'm a big believer in the idea of going out on top rather than continuing a show long after the idea well ran dry...so I wouldn't mind for Civil War to actually cause the end of the show...like, half the team sides with Stark and the other half side with Cap and they act as soldiers in the war in the movie. That feels like a natural end, rather than just going and going until the show gets cancelled eventually in the middle of a storyline.

11. Mike Murdock Registered

To be fair, it won't be the end of a storyline, it'll be at the end of the storyline with loose threads for the next storyline :p

The original reports were that they had a two year plan, which would suggest Avengers: Age of Ultron is the end. But I think there's room for more. No matter what, Civil War doesn't feel like all that exciting of an end. My personal hope is for Avengers: Infinity War to end it, but I know that's being optimistic.

12. Heretic Registered

Given the current story (Bobbi and Mack working for another agenda...knowing that Hunter wouldn't approve or be a good ally)...Civil War seems like the PERFECT spot to disband the team. But you're right in that this will probably tie into Age of Ultron. I kind of wish that it was a "simpler" tie-in...just...maybe Ultron taking over some of SHIELDs systems or whatever (I jokingly mentioned that Ultron could activate a kill protocol on the army of Koenigs). I'd rather this Mockingbird story go on for awhile because I'm underwhelmed by her presence on the show thus far (every time May does some cool action spot, I see it as an action spot "taken" from Mockingbird).

13. David_99 Cap'nCanuck

I think it depends what they decide to do with Stark. Maybe at the end of Ultron, Tony sees that he was wrong to try to do it himself. He thinks it worked better when SHIELD was around, so he decides to start HAMMER or re-starts SHIELD, which will undoubtedly affect the show. Maybe Tony already has his suspicions and sent Bobbi to retrieve the Fury's toolbox so he can get a head start.

14. iambranded Registered

I was thinking the same thing

15. terry78 baby, that chicken was dry...real dry

It's pretty clear Stark loses all the confidence he had in himself when his own handiwork comes close to human extinction, hence his stance in CW.

16. JB-the-Hunter Booty hunter

IMO as long as the MCU exists this show should exist. At around season 4 or so they could have Coulson pass the torch to Dasiy as director and have May die in an epic sacrifice, leaving Skye/Daisy and Ward (Who should both be mainstays for the whole ride) and Fitz and Simmons as the only original cast members left and basically creating a new shift in the direction of the show.

Also, I don't think the idea well will ever run dry, for two reasons:

1. There are thousands of comic storylines to pull from

2. Since this show exists in the MCU it'll always be relevant due to movie plotlines spilling over into it.

#16 JB-the-Hunter, Mar 9, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2015
  17. fixxxer ...goes to 11

^

Couldn't agree more. The thing about the direction the show has been taking, is that they've been heavily investing in the whole universe-building stuff. They can pivot into various story lines rather easily... and more importantly, rather organically.

A couple of episodes of Coulson and co. going against HYDRA. A few episodes heavily focusing on inhumans. Story lines intersect. Diverge again. HYDRA's regrouping for a bit. But, hey, here comes Deathlok, upgraded (hopefully) from his laser tag gear. Think he's completely on our side now? And remember the dude from back in episode 3? Yea, he might be able to literally control GRAVITY! Maybe he's going to team with the kid who can control COLD. They've been seething silently for sometime. Hmm, Fitz is seeing something weird in this little piece of code that somehow found its way to them. Meh, nothing to worry about right? Just a few syntax errors and the odd weird recursive subroutines... and GAAH! James Spader! He wants us extinct! Oh, hi Sif.

As long as the showrunners don't get lazy in the writing/imagination department, this show can go long.

18. Fumardude Registered

Guys what happened to deathlok?

19. Doppelganger Registered

Fell of the face of the earth. Last time he wanted to go on and make things right. Whatever that means. I guess he is trying to kick Hydra butt somewhere.

20. Alex_Kidd Registered

and don't forget the 10 rings, A.I.M. reformed, the Army with the registration act, terrorists with technology too advanced to be under their control, criminal syndicate (Kingpin, Iann Quinn and other gentlemen), Asgard and the 9 relams, there is a lot of plots for the show!

21. Fumardude Registered

Dam well I hope he comes back more ugly looking then before.. I think they nissed there chance at something pretty awesome.. I mean growing up Deathlok was somewhat new but he was always a favorite and pretty badass

22. coluanprime Registered

I have a feeling he'll show up before the season ends.

23. iambranded Registered

Coulson just became director less than a year...so i dont think it will be passed on for some time now....but I do agree with the rest mostly....
    I think I'd appreciate a Daisy / Skye growth into her role with SHIELD and the use of her powers

The use of Code names...when will that take effect ie Mockingbird / Quake

I'd love to see Ward head up a Thunderbolts program over seen by Talbot and Coulson.... more like a black ops version of SHIELD

Theres so much material over several seasons that can be created I dont see this show going anywhere

24. Doppelganger Registered

It is here to stay. And thank the living stars for that. I like this way better than Flash or Arrow. Looking forward to the rest of the season!

25. JB-the-Hunter Booty hunter

Ok maybe not season 4, but I would like to see her become director eventually.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.