Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents of SHIELD TV series for ABC - General Discussion - LEVEL 11 - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if We'll see more of Sif now that Nurse Jackie's been canceled?

I'd rather Coulson retire than ever appear in another movie. The vast majority of movie-goers will need some time spent explaining why he is alive, and I dont care to see that time wasted.

One thing you guys are forgetting is that tv shows get renewed or cancelled based on ratings. If ratings drop to a certain point, the plug will be pulled...and if they don't have a predetermined end, then threads will be left dangling, possibly forever. I'd rather have a complete story rather than a story with an abrupt ending. The main reason why I dont watch any other scripted drama is because they all just keep on going long after they jump the shark, or they get cancelled in the middle of a storyline.

The good thing about that concerning this show is that ABC is a part of Disney,and Disney is heavily invested in Netflix,so this show would surely get a heads up on a cancelation so it could tie up storylines, or simply be moved to Netflix for a smaller amount of episodes.

I'd rather Coulson retire than ever appear in another movie. The vast majority of movie-goers will need some time spent explaining why he is alive, and I dont care to see that time wasted.

One thing you guys are forgetting is that tv shows get renewed or cancelled based on ratings. If ratings drop to a certain point, the plug will be pulled...and if they don't have a predetermined end, then threads will be left dangling, possibly forever. I'd rather have a complete story rather than a story with an abrupt ending. The main reason why I dont watch any other scripted drama is because they all just keep on going long after they jump the shark, or they get cancelled in the middle of a storyline.

Dont forget ABC/Disney is joined to the hip so we can see this AoS movie to netflix, and it doesnt matter the ratings as long as its respectable.....
Plus were dealing with the first ever show...tied to and ongoing movie universe...so i dont think this show will die anytime soon

It is here to stay. And thank the living stars for that. I like this way better than Flash or Arrow. Looking forward to the rest of the season!

The show's basically free advertising for the MCU films, while allowing for it to stand on its own too feet.

Ya IMO the ratings would have to get pretty abysmal for the House of Mouse to pull the plug. Marvel makes them so much money that they could stand to actually lose a bit of money with the show and keep it going. Excited to see what happens on tonight's episode as well!

This week's shownwas great. They honestly get better each episode.

My mind is in a primordial shake in wondering how that awesome new SHIELD logo fits in with all of this.

Another great ep!

On phone so no spoiler tags possible so a warning before below

Its nice to get confirmation that mocking bird isnt with hydra. And they definitely think they're rebuilding what shield was. But they clearly arnt shield

So they could be hired by Stark? Hawkeye? Cap? Or could they be building shield 2.0 as in Sword? Or could it be the avengers academy?

I do wonder if the secret ops that Mockingbird and Mack are running could tie in to the stuff with the new SHIELD emblem and such.

I think you're overthinking how much the general audience would need explained to them in order to accept what's presented. DOFP really only had one line explaining how the time travel worked, "If you succeed, none of this will have happened." Boom, a fairly complicated concept explained in two seconds of dialogue.

You could easily do something similar with Coulson. And also, even though a very small percentage of the film audience members watch the TV show, I think enough have seen it advertised on commercials and such to know that Coulson is still alive, even if they don't know how.

For me, the most important thing would be to provide a reason for why Coulson would be in one of the films. He needs to play a part in the story, not just be fan service.

I think the team will get too controlling of Skye and she'll be forced to leave on her own to figure out how to use her powers right. She becomes
street level superhero Quake who Shield then monitors. Maybe Fitz leaves with her and is her
Alfred in an apartment building.

Eventually they'll make up but I think it'd make for a good arc.

Last edited:
To those that have theorized that Mockingbird and Mack are secretly working for Hill/Stark, after seeing tonight's episode...I highly doubt it.

I mean, even if any of those three had implored the two to maintain utmost secrecy, being associated with the Avengers Group shouldn't warrant the type of secrecy that Mockingbird and Mack are willing to hold up in order to achieve their objectives, let alone for Mack to choke his partner's ex-husband into being unconscious.

To those that have theorized that Mockingbird and Mack are secretly working for Hill/Stark, after seeing tonight's episode...I highly doubt it.

I mean, even if any of those three had implored the two to maintain utmost secrecy, being associated with the Avengers Group shouldn't warrant the type of secrecy that Mockingbird and Mack are willing to hold up in order to achieve their objectives, let alone for Mack to choke his partner's ex-husband into being unconscious.

Even though the plan is seemingly to overthrow the organization and place new leadership?

G'day,

Many have wondered why the Inhumans have been introduced so early, after all their movie is not until 2018. I think I know why. Its because of Captain America Civil War, not the Inhuman movie.
Civil War is a conflict between Tony Stark and Steve Rogers over registering the supers. Currently there are only a few supes and they are public figures , registering them makes no sense. But remember the Inhumans are the MCUs X-Men substitutes. Now Marvel Comics has been building them up for some time. They had the Terrigenisis Bomb release the mist all over the globe causing Inhumans to pop up. What I think the second season is leading to is such an event. That would produce many supers who would be unknown to authorities and seen as a potential threat.

ta

Ralph

Totally agree. I think that's why SHIELD'S index is being mentioned a lot too. The index acts as a list of all the gifted people SHIELD has worked with in the past.

Literally have no idea who Mack and Bobbi are working for, which is a good thing I guess.

I'm gonna keep my fingers crossed 'real backup' is Hawkeye though.

The only thing we can be fairly confident about is they're not Hydra (at least not knowingly) since, just talking to each other without any reason to deceive, they flat out said "we're not Hydra."

Yeah I;m sure they aren't bad, but obviously Mack taking down Hunter, would at least hint they aren't on Stark or Hills orders or something.

Also for me it's too early, as in this before AoU for Stark to be starting his registration stuff.

I think the most likely candidates for who Mack and Bobbi are working for are Tony Stark, Nick Fury or Talbot and the government.

Another excellent episode. Love how assured and confident they've gotten with the world building. The Kree stuff, Sif, how they're handling the inhumans plotline were all really excellent.

Unless their mission is exposing another mole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"