Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents of SHIELD TV series for ABC - General Discussion - LEVEL 11 - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there spoilers for AOU in the most recent Agents of SHIELD episode? I haven't read any of the rest of this thread in case people have talked about AOU in here (which they shouldn't), but there was mention that AOU scenes would feature in this week's episode. Is that the case? Or is it safe to watch before AOU comes out?

There's only one scene, and it's not interwowen into the episode. It's merely a 1 min action sequence that acts as the post-credits scene, and much of it has been seen in the trailers.

Nothing in this episode will spoil you to Age of Ultron, think of this as a Prelude to the movie.

So Emily VanCamp's TV show Revenge has been canceled.

Honestly, I'd love to see Agent 13 show up around ABC's other Marvel TV properties. Emily's schedule certainly just opened up.

Has there been any word yet whether we'd see her in Civil War?

she more than likely be part of AOS season 3.....we know she join the CIA in the Winter Soldier. Unless she did some secret filming with AOS that we don't know about it probably next season

There's only one scene, and it's not interwowen into the episode. It's merely a 1 min action sequence that acts as the post-credits scene, and much of it has been seen in the trailers.

Nothing in this episode will spoil you to Age of Ultron, think of this as a Prelude to the movie.

Ok thanks. I haven't watched the latest AOU trailers, so even 1 minute is too much for me. So I think I'll wait to watch this week's episode until after I watch AOU this weekend.

Ok thanks. I haven't watched the latest AOU trailers, so even 1 minute is too much for me. So I think I'll wait to watch this week's episode until after I watch AOU this weekend.

Or you can just stop watching after the SHIELD logo announces "More Marvel in a moment". :cwink:

The clip from AOU isn't in the episode, it was only on abc.

Someone on another message board pointed out that it's possible this is his exhaustion talking, and that 6 months down the road he'll look back and realize he didn't mean it the way it sounded (I don't think it would be the first time he would have done something like that).

Doesn't sound exhausted to me, just generally against the concept of Coulson being alive, something I think we're only learning now because he's on his way out and figures it won't hurt his career in any way.

The clip from AOU isn't in the episode, it was only on abc.

The Canadian feed omitted the AoU clip and just featured a silent SHIELD screen at the end (no "More Marvel" or "we'll be back), then credits after the break.

You change the name of the outfit from SHIELD to anything else and Mockingbird etc can appear in any movie without explanation of why SHIELD is still around.

Not if the movie people don't want to borrow anything from the TV shows, which was point. Whedon wasn't saying it'll take too long to explain Coulson being alive. He said he personally wants to believe the TV shows simply don't exist.

Not if the movie people don't want to borrow anything from the TV shows, which was point. Whedon wasn't saying it'll take too long to explain Coulson being alive. He said he personally wants to believe the TV shows simply don't exist.

Whedon said that the television division is generally considered its own subsection of the MCU, not that he wants to pretend it doesn't exist.

"And the Coulson thing was, I think, a little anomalous just because that really came from the television division, which is sort of considered to be its own subsection of the Marvel universe. As far as the fiction of the movies, Coulson is dead."

Honestly, that seems to be talking more about the way Marvel Studios sees the TV shows than how he does. Pretty much, what he's saying is that Coulson is in a weird situation because Marvel doesn't want people to have to watch the TV shows to understand the movies, so Coulson ends up in this weird state of limbo where he's kind of dead in the movies, but alive on TV.

He does go on to say that he would prefer for Coulson to have remained dead, because it somewhat devalued his sacrifice in The Avengers, which I don't think is an entirely unreasonable point of view.

Well, there's text and then there's subtext. I fully admit I'm taking a cynical reading of it, but combined with the general attitude of both Whedon and Feige whenever the TV shows get mentioned, I don't think it's entirely unjustified.

Whedon said that the television division is generally considered its own subsection of the MCU, not that he wants to pretend it doesn't exist.

"And the Coulson thing was, I think, a little anomalous just because that really came from the television division, which is sort of considered to be its own subsection of the Marvel universe. As far as the fiction of the movies, Coulson is dead."

Honestly, that seems to be talking more about the way Marvel Studios sees the TV shows than how he does. Pretty much, what he's saying is that Coulson is in a weird situation because Marvel doesn't want people to have to watch the TV shows to understand the movies, so Coulson ends up in this weird state of limbo where he's kind of dead in the movies, but alive on TV.

He does go on to say that he would prefer for Coulson to have remained dead, because it somewhat devalued his sacrifice in The Avengers, which I don't think is an entirely unreasonable point of view.

That should be his superhero name. Schrodinger.

Well, there's text and then there's subtext. I fully admit I'm taking a cynical reading of it, but combined with the general attitude of both Whedon and Feige whenever the TV shows get mentioned, I don't think it's entirely unjustified.

Perhaps not unjustified, but it still seems a bit of a stretch. As far as Whedon is concerned, his biggest problem with the TV series is that they brought Coulson back. I don't take that to mean he dislikes the show, or even would be against bringing other characters from the show (such as Skye) to the big screen.

That should be his superhero name. Schrodinger.

And now I have this awful image in my head of Coulson in a cat suit. Thanks.

Problem is, without Coulson being brought back to the show, we wouldn't have the Inhumans story unfold like it did.

Couslons death drove the avengers story. his resurrection has driven agents of shield season 1 and i suppose s2 including nushield not trusting him. The MCU works better as a tapestry but if people want they can marvel at the avengers corner.

And in a small way, he's driving at least part of the AoU story (despite apparently not being acknowledged at all during the film itself).

Problem is, without Coulson being brought back to the show, we wouldn't have the Inhumans story unfold like it did.

True. We would be watching a very different TV show right now if Coulson wasn't in it as his resurrection was so essential to the story, and I have very hard time seeing it holding my interest without him. But it still did devalue Coulson's death. The resurrection plotline, as awesome as it was, built itself up by tearing The Avengers down. From a creator's standpoint, I can see why Whedon might have preferred to keep Coulson dead, even if I disagree with the opinion.

If the Russos want Coulson to appear in Civil war. He'll be in Civil War. It would take all of 20 seconds to explain.
Whedon didn't want him near Avengers AOU because he had killed him off in the last film and thought it was important to his film and characters that he reamain dead as far as they were concerned.
I wouldn't worry too much about it.

And in a small way, he's driving at least part of the AoU story (despite apparently not being acknowledged at all during the film itself).

true, i was going on about wheldon but your right.

The movies are good but its only a few hours a year.

aos and agent carter we got almost 30 hours this year, daredevil we got 13, getting more daredevil next year plus more netfliks shows, plus the aos spin of and possibly another show. The small screen might be seen as the lesser cousin but for anyone following the mcu by shear volume its going to be the one your more familiar with. the stronger its roots maybe the braver marvel will be down the line.

Loved the stuff between Ward and the team at the mission briefing. :funny: It was also interesting to see Jemma try to kill him, she has developed in an unexpected way this season.

Skye going Gun-Kata was awesome. :wow:

Loved the stuff between Ward and the team at the mission briefing. :funny: It was also interesting to see Jemma try to kill him, she has developed in an unexpected way this season.

Skye going Gun-Kata was awesome. :wow:

Agreed, and impressively done in one continuous take.

I'm guessing a weapon of some sort. What about if it was the beast in the post credit scene in Thor Dark World? Dunno could be anything.

What about the Destroyer Armor? Is that still on earth? Or maybe some tech based on it, like Mandroid suits?

I saw an interesting theory about the cargo in CBR's forum, that it is actually the woman we see in these new stills from SOS part 1:

l0iDe60.jpg

Pb7cFbr.jpg

She certainly looks like she's controlling Lincoln in 2nd picture.

Last edited:
Got the episode last night and it was fantastic. Can't wait to see what happens in Ultrons aftermath

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"