Agents of SHIELD TV series for ABC - General Discussion - LEVEL 11 - Part 6

Discussion in 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' started by Thread Manager, Mar 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mr. peasant Registered

SHIELD deciding to spearhead the largest scrap metal operation in history while trying to prevent mass panic over the worldwide shortage of raw metal? :D

2. DN91 SSR Agent

All the scrap metal to go into Coulson's bunkbeds for Theta?

3. Great Mind(s) Broken

With Revenge cancelled, maybe the spinoff, AOS or even Agent Carter could feature 13

4. mr. peasant Registered

Ultron's robot army. :gngl:

5. Miqu Registered

soooo... anyone noticed that they destroyed the bus at the hydra base (hydra did, the team sacreficed it actualy)

6. ralphuniverse Registered

G'day,

Hard not to. I suppose they get something else for season three.

Ralph

7. Demileto Registered

Ok, MAJOR speculation time. Since I saw someone wonder that the woman in this picture:

[​IMG]

is the mysterious cargo Gonzales is keeping on this ship, I've been thinking on what could she have to justify such a fuss about it and came to a terrifying conclusion. With the press release for SOS being:

and Lincoln appearing uncharacteristically blank and mean in that picture, I've started to think that the redhead woman, called Alisha in the press release, may actually be Katya Belyakov, the little girl May supposedly killed in "Melinda".

[​IMG]

She feeds on emotions and pain, and May dumped a whole lot of it from "killing her", what if by embracing her still body she ended up strenghening her instead? How terrifying could it be to see her unleashed as an adult? She could be, for example, the very reason Cal is going full Mr. Hyde for the finale, a scenario I only thought possible until now if he somehow lost Jiaying or Skye/Daisy forever.

#883 Demileto, Apr 30, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2015
  8. mr. peasant Registered

Not completely impossible. But I'd say it's somewhat improbable since Bahrain was 2008; while the woman in the picture looks too old to be Katya 7 years after the incident. If it is her, then the show messed up either their casting or the timeline.

9. Demileto Registered

Because this hasn't happened before? See Adult Christian being 20 years older than Grant while looking nowhere near that much old in "The Well".

Also, where does it say it happened 7 years ago? I only remember people pinpointing that because it was a time where Coulson still called SHIELD by its full name and he dropped that in the first Iron Man (2008).

10. DN91 SSR Agent

I think the establishing text on-screen acknowledged the 7 years ago thing.

11. Demileto Registered

Thanks, just checked and you're right. Don't think this changes much, though; like I said, Christian and Grant's age gap looked to be a lot less than 20 years in "The Well".

12. Mike Murdock Registered

Did they state 20 years on the show or are you just going by the actors' ages?

13. just one thing Registered

plausible.
    the promo seems to suggest shield/nushield attack afterlife, seems like a dramatic escalation but not completely mad if your theory is on the mark and the inhumans have reclaimed her

14. Demileto Registered

Just going by the actors' ages, yeah. Of course, in entertainment media this means nothing: Chloe Bennett is 23 and Skye is 26 going 27 this year, and many late 20s, early 30s actors/actresses regularly play teenagers in TV shows, but isn't this the point? That there's no reason to believe Alicia Vela-Bailey, the stuntwoman turned actress, would be old enough to play a 17-20 year old Katya Belyakov?

That said, the age gap between Christian and Grant is likely to be least 10 years, since it's visibly rare for senators to be in the early 40s, let alone late 30s:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_current_United_States_Senators_by_age

#890 Demileto, Apr 30, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2015
  15. darthcoolness3 Registered

It would make more sense for Hydra to attack Afterlife and Shield protecting the Inhumans, since Cal, Skye's mom, and Raina are still in Afterlife with the Inhumans.

16. Mike Murdock Registered

Well, you only have to be 30 to be a Senator. Joe Biden was elected when he was 29 (because he would turn 30 before he took office). Since Ward's family were politically established, that would give him a leg up.

Ages of children are much more pronounced. Ages for adults could just be a guy who really has aged poorly. Given the criticism is that it is a continuity error, I think you actually have to base it on something in the show. Otherwise, it's fairly easily reconcilable.

Its similar to the Howard Stark situation where newspaper articles actually stated the year he was born but people go with Dominic Cooper's age instead and then complain that he's too old to have given birth to Tony.

17. Demileto Registered

Interesting, wasn't aware of that since I'm not an US citizen. IIRC here in Brazil you have to be 35.

All very good points, agreed. I guess I'm just shocked at such big age gap between both actors.

HYDRA, for all intents and purposes, is a non-issue for the time being. It barely played a role in 2B and all its known leadership is either dead or arrested as of Age of Ultron. They'll certainly rise again, but no new character is suddenly going to pop up as a new head merely 2-3 episodes before the end of season 2 to order such an attack.

18. DN91 SSR Agent

Having Hydra show up when they've been dealt with would be kind of useless, since they've already got an established threat to Afterlife within SHIELD in the form of the "Real" SHIELD.

19. Chemistro Registered

I think that if that were the case, Coulson probably would have told May that she didn't actually kill the girl, but Katya was instead taken to a Helicarrier - alive.

20. Demileto Registered

Agreed, but that relies heavily on Coulson knowing about that as well. Those were the times of SHYDRA, after all.

21. Chemistro Registered

I mean Coulson would have told May when he found out. And he would have found out probably when he was searching for Gonzales - after he was appointed Director. But May wasn't told about that.
    Even if Coulson didn't find out until Gonzales's coup, in the latest episode May accused Coulson of lying to her, but he didn't reply that despite his talk about transparency, Gonzales was hiding Katya on his ship - which would have made an impact in that context, seriously undermining any kind of trust May may have put in Gonzales.

22. Demileto Registered

But we don't know if Coulson would know specifically that it's Katya the ship's cargo, the toolbox may only tell him that it's an enhanced person with powerful psychical abilities for all we know.

#898 Demileto, May 1, 2015
    Last edited: May 1, 2015
  23. Chemistro Registered

The toolbox has all of the info that Fury gave Coulson to rebuild SHIELD - he didn't get any further info.
    It seems to me that the fact that a person with powerful psychic abilities was also hostile and had enslaved and almost killed an entire SHIELD tactical team would have been relevant, as would the fact that she recovered after being shot in the head at point blank.
    So, at this point, I think the hypothesis is improbable, even if I wouldn't completely rule it out.

24. Demileto Registered

Well, we surely will know by next episode, when "Alisha" shows up. They certainly wouldn't keep that explosive bit of information from us as Katya Belyakov'd eventually become THE threat of the finale.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.