Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents of SHIELD TV series for ABC - General Discussion - LEVEL 11 - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
gah lol I ended another thread! That's two in less than a month lol

I would have watched it, but I really am happy that the spin-off isn't going forward and we're getting another season of Agent Carter instead. It took me a long time to warm up to Hunter, but now I can't imagine the show without him. I need the Three Amigos in my life.

Yeah, I can't say I'm terribly disappointed that the spinoff appears to have been not picked up. Not saying I was against it, but I just felt kind of 'eh' when it was announced. I think AoS needs a bit more time before we start throwing spin-offs into the mix....maybe

I'm ok with the spin-off being canned.. it didn't seem like it would have been all that different

I am more interested in the Marvel project John Ridley was writing rather than the spin off.

11205514_470252313130440_65916593139355588_n.jpg

Maybe I'm deluding but...
[obsessively cleaning his bedge]

I am more interested in the Marvel project John Ridley was writing rather than the spin off.

Not if it's that teenage Ms. Marvel. That character is too awful for words. Even as a die hard Marvel fan, I'd never watch a show revolving around that character.

Never.

G'day,

I think I know the twist at the end. The big black thing on the ship doesn't kill inhumans it makes them.

Ralph

One thing i don't get is that if inhumans have been around for thousands of years. Then shouldn't everyone have the inhuman gene? You have 2 parents, 4 grandparents, 8 great and so on. Carry that back for a few thousand years and we are all related.

I think it's likely that many people do have the gene and just live their lives without ever knowing it. However, the main Inhuman societies have intentionally stayed separate from the normal population.

I think it's likely that many people do have the gene and just live their lives without ever knowing it. However, the main Inhuman societies have intentionally stayed separate from the normal population.

its probably more than one gene, it will be a constellation of genes much like intelligence. These genes will be mixed as people will have children with non inhuman gene carriers.

which leads to different levels of expression when exposed to the myst

Some powers will be stronger than others, some changes will be hideous without power, some people will amazing powers will still look human

One thing i don't get is that if inhumans have been around for thousands of years. Then shouldn't everyone have the inhuman gene? You have 2 parents, 4 grandparents, 8 great and so on. Carry that back for a few thousand years and we are all related.

Actually that's what happened in the comics:
"During Thanos' quest to murder his sole remaining offspring, members of the Inhuman Royal Family made the tough decision to destroy Attilan rather than let the mad Titan use the city's information to find his child. The resulting explosion activated the Terrigensis Bomb, unleashing the Terrigen Mists all over the planet. Any human being with even a trace of Inhuman DNA would now gain special abilities. The formerly secluded Inhumans have seen their ranks expand rapidly all across the globe. Normal humans from all walks of life have discovered the super powered potential written into their genetic code thanks to the evolutionary magic of the Terrigen Mists." (http://marvel.com/news/comics/22245/witness_the_effects_of_terrigenesis_in_this_inhuman_guide)

I suspect that, to be a "potential" inhuman, its not enough to have *an* ancestor who was an inhuman. You basically need above a certain threshold of inhuman ancestry and/or getting the good genes. The easiest way to get this being "one or both of your parents are inhumans or potentials". . . but not necessarily the only way. I bet there are a *lot* of people scattered about the world who are actually potentials, and nobody knows it, because their last inhuman ancestor was 10 generations back, they just got lucky and the latency bred true the whole time.

they throw some fish back as well. After life appears to be one step in the process, we know that not every body who can go through the mists gets to go through it.

Actually that's what happened in the comics:
"During Thanos' quest to murder his sole remaining offspring, members of the Inhuman Royal Family made the tough decision to destroy Attilan rather than let the mad Titan use the city's information to find his child. The resulting explosion activated the Terrigensis Bomb, unleashing the Terrigen Mists all over the planet. Any human being with even a trace of Inhuman DNA would now gain special abilities. The formerly secluded Inhumans have seen their ranks expand rapidly all across the globe. Normal humans from all walks of life have discovered the super powered potential written into their genetic code thanks to the evolutionary magic of the Terrigen Mists." (http://marvel.com/news/comics/22245/witness_the_effects_of_terrigenesis_in_this_inhuman_guide)

Maybe this is why the Inhumans movie is coming out after Infinity Wars

Lilbaz said:
Sickle cell anemia has been around for thousands of years too, but not everyone has [one of the] gene. Okay, that's an illness, but blue eyes have been around for thousands of years. But not everyone have the "blue eyes" gene (well, it's more than one gene, so I'm simplifying, but the same may go for the gene that allows people to undergo terrigenesis and survive the diviner).

How common the relevant genes are depends on a number of factors, but for example, if all inhuman communities are isolationist and mostly keep to themselves - making reproduction between humans and inhumans not so common; the way Gordon despises Cal may be a sign of that -, and it's not a single gene but multiple ones, it may well be a pretty rare combination.

In the story, we can tell that the vast majority of humans do not have the gene or combination of genes, because the vast majority of people exposed to the diviner or to splinter bombs (at least, after the splinter bombs were perfected), turns to stone. In fact, Whitehall experimented on who knows how many subjects before he found one who survived the diviner.

G'day,

I think we are missing something here. "Return to Duty" is not just about return of AOS in season three, but the return of the official, approved SHIELD. The organisation has been a rogue group since the end of Winter Soldier but the world governments need SHIELD to implement the Registration Act . Age of Ultron showed the world governments SHIELD needs to come back and it will in Season three with World Council control.

Ralph

11205514_470252313130440_65916593139355588_n.jpg

Maybe I'm deluding but...
[obsessively cleaning his bedge]

G'day,

I think we are missing something here. "Return to Duty" is not just about return of AOS in season three, but the return of the official, approved SHIELD. The organisation has been a rogue group since the end of Winter Soldier but the world governments need SHIELD to implement the Registration Act . Age of Ultron showed the world governments SHIELD needs to come back and it will in Season three with World Council control.

Ralph
I could easily see how this ties directly into what will likely be an issue in CA: CW.

Coulson admitting that he needs council oversight could come back to haunt him. Bureaucrats running intelligence agencies always find a way to get on people's nerves.

I'm really excited for Tuesday but still bummed I left my replica SHIELD lanyard at my old place :(

EDIT: Found them on Ebay for $12 so I'll just buy another one

Coulson admitting that he needs council oversight could come back to haunt him. Bureaucrats running intelligence agencies always find a way to get on people's nerves.
I'm sure Coulson will have a change of mind and break free of the council - May will probably stay on the Council - Former friends against each other - The start of Civil war .... only "this time, it's personal"

Gday

Any government agency needs to be accountable to civilians or it becomes a law to itself. Having it run by Gonzales board was silly. They are still SHIELD agents. They require proper supervision.
Ralph

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hugoodeww
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"