Agents of SHIELD TV series for ABC - General Discussion - LEVEL 11 - Part 8

Discussion in 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' started by Thread Manager, Oct 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SwiftFox Registered

Wow Melissa Benoist is tall! Chloe has to be in at least 3 inch wedges and Melissa is still taller than her. Wonder if she's taller than Adrianne Palicki?

2. Mike Murdock Registered

Melissa Benoist - 5'8
    Adrianne Palicki - 5'11
    Chloe Bennet - 5'6

I think her boots make her seem taller.

3. Hunter Rider Ronin

Caught up on last weeks ep, they are doing a great job with making Lash the shows Terminator IMO, and the twist with him shrinking to human form is intriguing.

I'm loving the Mack/Daisy dynamic and the Coulson/Roz banter as well as the developments with Jemma and Fitz. I am also enjoying Bobbi a lot in her lab role as she continues her road back to the field.

The only weak link is Hunter and his chase for Ward, I just don't care for the character at all and can't buy him as a badass, I also don't get why he's dressed like a soccer hooligan to go undercover with an international terrorist group. Thankfully May and Ward are carrying things on this end.

4. Raiden Wakanda Forever

I don't like Hunter either, and if he's on that spin off show with Bobbi then I'll probably skip it. I'd rather watch Ward & May series.

5. DN91 SSR Agent

To be fair, Ward!HYDRA is a different beast from the multinational terror group from before, working with a scant amount of resources and manpower. So it's not surprising that Lance thought dressing in a tracksuit to infiltrate them was an idea.

6. Infinight888 Registered

Prediction:
    The ATCU started off as a secret division of NASA dedicated to dealing with the potential threat of alien life. They weren't incredibly well-funded since SHIELD was a thing back then, but after SHIELD collapsed and the world had to deal with the new Inhuman threat, they were able to gain a huge funding increase as well as autonomy from NASA.

In fact, I'm going to go a step further and say that when they were part of NASA, rather than being called the ATCU, their acronym was "S.W.O.R.D."

7. Uskok MCU fan

The ATCU was formed recently, as a replacement for S.H.I.E.L.D., maybe two months ago, and S.H.I.E.L.D. was outlawed more than six months ago. Ask President Ellis.

8. R_Hythlodeus Nerd Supreme

that's what Ellis wants you to believe

9. ctsketch Registered

Hunter isn't really portrayed as a badass...his fighting skills are even poor. he uses May as the muscle...he's just the guns

10. Infinight888 Registered

After 9/11, our government responded by creating the Department of Homeland Security. It was presented as a whole new agency to the American people in order to make it appear that the government was doing more than it actually was, but in reality, it was mostly just a restructuring of various agencies which already existed.

11. R_Hythlodeus Nerd Supreme

which was totally unnecessary since the CTU already existed and Jack Bauer had everything under control :o

12. spideyboy_1111 Young Avenger

he's a scrapper. He's not a martial artist.

ever see the movie Green Street Hooligans? that's Hunter perfectly.

13. spideyboy_1111 Young Avenger

So what do you guys think the planet was? or who the creature was on the planet?

there was a lot of biblical allegories on the planet... from saying that the planet was once like a garden of eden. The analogy of death was used quite a lot as well...

is it possible the creature on the planet is actually death? as in Thanos's lover?

14. BoredGuy Never Did a Popular Thing

When Will called it death, I didn't take it so literal

I doubt Marvel would want AoS using the actual, female-form Death
    They'd probably want her saved in case they need to incorporate her into Thanos' story

But I could totally see them allowing AoS to use Ego, and perhaps the death figure was just a manifestation of his moods/a defense mechanism to get people off of him
    Although Ego would be a bit over the top for TV audiences

but hey, maybe Marvel wants to claim the idea before Unicron shows up in TFormers 18 or whatever number they're on now

15. spideyboy_1111 Young Avenger

Well to be fair they wouldn't likely be introducing death as anything more than what we've seen.. and it's not far fetched to show the same planet in a film when we see death's human female form either.

as for Will calling it death... that's my point, it was used quite alot and this show tends to use play on words and double meanings... easter eggs if you will

16. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

I was actually wondering if it was really Melissa Benoist in that photo as we can only see a blonde from behind. How do we know it's not just Adrianne Palicki in a Supergirl costume, which isn't even a full costume as she seems to be wearing a white top?

17. Hunter Rider Ronin

I loved this weeks ep, it really gave us a good look at where Jemma had been and how she survived and they did a great job of conveying the isolation and fear of this alien planet she was lost on.

Elizabeth Henstridge was fantastic and it really showcased how far Jemma has come from the nervy science nerd in season on. It also explored how deep her connection with Fitz is from her side, like a companion piece to his stuff in episode 1 on this season.

I hope we get to see the team go back there and get Will while confronting the creature.

18. Mike Murdock Registered

Because I believe there's another photo of the three of them together.

19. TheVileOne Registered

What does it mean?

[​IMG]

20. SirStrangefolk Champion of Life

Have you not been following the dubsmash wars? How could you not?

21. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

I have not, because I did not.

Anyone notice that Ward's right hand man looks more like a traditional Baron Strucker than the actor who played Strucker himself? It's just his accent isn't quite right.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

But if he put on a German accent, he would fit the part. And instead of wasting Strucker in Age of Ultron, they could have had him as the new head of Hydra in AOS.

22. kosh33 MCU Fanatic

23. Uskok MCU fan

From now on, we call him Baron von Kebo. :woot:

http://marvelcinematicuniverse.wikia.com/wiki/Kebo

24. TheVileOne Registered

Strucker had a kid, so that's the best they can do. Was Strucker wasted in the movies? Yes, but not much else we can do about it now.

25. BoredGuy Never Did a Popular Thing

After last week's episode, I could really not give any fewer s**ts about Ward and Hydra (...Or Lash and Lincoln, for that matter)
    Go back to the fun spooky alien stuff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.