Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents of SHIELD TV series for ABC - General Discussion - LEVEL 11 - Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why on SHIELD, though? Granted, I don't watch SHIELD, but for a character like Ghost Rider, is he best suited for this, or somewhere like the films or the Netflix environment? And doesn't this pretty much guarantee we wouldn't see him in any of the larger MCU films?

Why on SHIELD, though? Granted, I don't watch SHIELD, but for a character like Ghost Rider, is he best suited for this, or somewhere like the films or the Netflix environment? And doesn't this pretty much guarantee we wouldn't see him in any of the larger MCU films?

Doing this version of Ghost Rider does not necessarily exclude other versions of him from being used in the future with either Netflix or in the Movies. At least that is how I look at it.

Surfer

They are playing the video that shows "The AoS logo burning away to reveal the flaming skull of Ghost Rider", on the screen behind where the AOS cast are doing the signing. Maybe we will get a professional video on it soon.

Surfer

YouTube version of the announcement promo:

[YT]n1QMNGqTubU[/YT]

.....I gotta see it. I'm sorry Johny Blaze is my Ghost Rider forever but this is something I gotta see. Just to see how bad they **** it up. Or succeed, AoS is hit and miss for me alot. Hopefully this is a hit. :)

Seeing as how we now have Punisher and Ghost Rider (albeit a different version) in the MCU now, is Blade next?

I wondered if the upcoming Doctor Strange movie meant we would see magic on Agents of SHIELD. Yes, the Asgardian stuff is close to magic, but it is also from another world. So it could just be "alien tech," according to Fitz and Simmons.

Ghost Rider is supernatural. Full on magic.

Admittedly, I'm not sure if Robbie Reyes is going to be closer to Johnny Blaze or Danny Ketch. They both had/have flaming skulls. In the comics, Possessed!Robbie has a helmet that just looks like a flaming skull. Casting Gabriel Luna also means Robbie won't be a teenager.

Excited to see Ghost Rider this season.

This seems like a strange move. Most aren't familiar with Robbie Reyes and would rather the character be saved for a bigger budget such as a Netflix series. I hope it turns out to be good and I am proven wrong.

Saw this on my tumblr dash :funny: :

withanaccent: Agent Coulson getting cozy with his hero #clarkgregg #captainamerica #marvel #SDCC

tumblr_oaqstjjpFp1r1p5pho1_500.jpg

Adding Ghost Rider is certainly a bold step for this show. It should really spice things up in Season 4. Also, it's a good way to introduce magic and the supernatural to the show, and it's timed perfectly to coincide with the Doctor Strange movie coming out in November. Hopefully Ghost Rider's involvement will both benefit the show and provide some cool parallels/connections to the events of the Doctor Strange movie and the wider MCU.

I was hoping they would show some clips from season 4 like they did with Flash...but im guessing there shooting now

am i the only one who sees adding "A" ghost rider to the show as a possible disaster? I mean.. i can't tell you how many people are thinking we are getting the Motorcycle Riding Zarthos Demon... and not a guy and his brother in a car....

am i the only one who sees adding "A" ghost rider to the show as a possible disaster? I mean.. i can't tell you how many people are thinking we are getting the Motorcycle Riding Zarthos Demon... and not a guy and his brother in a car....

And what do you suppose will happen once they watch the show and find out it's a different one?

Honestly? Notable dissapointment, and the guys watching just for GR will drop it.

I have no problem with it, mainly because GR has just never been an important character for me.
I'm actually looking forward to this, because it means they are definitely embracing the supernatural.

I'm excited because this is something new and intriguing for AoS. I'd love to see how Coulson's team deals with the supernatural and the emergence of Ghost Rider. Also, if the show's use of Ghost Rider earns a lot of praise, it could possibly lead to a Netflix series for Ghost Rider involving the Johnny Blaze or Danny Ketch versions of the character. There are a lot of possibilities for Ghost Rider in the MCU if AoS adeptly handles the Robbie Reyes version of the character.

I don't have a problem with Robbie, and the car could be an awesome visual.

Then you parlay that into a Ghost RiderS series on Netflix, with Johnny, Danny, Robbie, Alejandra, and bad place even Carter Slade cuz why not... throw in Blade and maybe a Dr Strange cameo and I'd be all over it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"