Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents of SHIELD TV series for ABC - General Discussion - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Calling this right now...

Direct contact with ample amounts of Gravitonium not only imbues people with gravity-controlling powers, but also cures nearsightedness.

Going back to Skye as Jessica Drew, I don't think she is her.

I think she's Jessica Jones...

hear me out

What about Jessica Jones?
the fangirl aspect of super powered people..Jones had a crush on Johnny Storm. We saw how Skye reacted to meeting Michael (I think his name was)

She was in foster care, after her parents were killed, and stared in the series Alias. We know Skye was in multiple foster care, and that Skye is an "alias"

Jones had her Alias Private Investigations thing, Skye, seems to find the backdoors, like Coulson said.

Jessica Jones' powers, aside from strength and durability, is flight. SKYE..flight...SKYE....

oh, one more thing, remember back when Marvel tried to get that show on ABC? A.K.A Jessica Jones? Perhaps they mixed that into Agents of Shield.

Welp, there it is.

I am nearsighted.
Perhaps I should get some Gravitonium.

¿You kidding? Contact lenses explain everything... :woot:

We just have to tell him... :cwink:

Every show needs a straight man. He is that man. People don't seem to get this. Everybody else has some oddball quirk, while he's like the audience surrogate.

He can be the straight man. But that doesn't mean he has to be so boring in his delivery. He's just not a good actor.

Questions so far. lol
Like maybe more hints to Coulson being alive, who Skye really is, will events from Dark World be in a show that weekend.

Since it has had some success going against NCIS,I dont think it is good idea to make it more like NCIS.

I like the show.
To me it's like a variation of X-Files and Marvel should be aiming at that crowd

It's really stupid how they're listing ways to fix the show three episodes into it. Ignoring the diversity thing, a lot of the stuff they brought up (getting serious, introducing HYDRA, etc) are plot developments and ramping up of stakes that would come later into the season, especially integrating the Marvel Universe. And getting rid of case-of-the-week format doesn't even make sense. There's no reason for them to spend 10+ episodes or something on one specific storyline when they can build up an overarching plot over multiple storylines, which. Dragging a single storyline out for a whole bunch of episodes isn't necessarily a good story telling strategy either.

Fans are so ****ing impatient.

Especially if the show is renewed,
Expect the lists to continue and grow

It's really stupid how they're listing ways to fix the show three episodes into it. Ignoring the diversity thing, a lot of the stuff they brought up (getting serious, introducing HYDRA, etc) are plot developments and ramping up of stakes that would come later into the season, especially integrating the Marvel Universe. And getting rid of case-of-the-week format doesn't even make sense. There's no reason for them to spend 10+ episodes or something on one specific storyline when they can build up an overarching plot over multiple storylines, which. Dragging a single storyline out for a whole bunch of episodes isn't necessarily a good story telling strategy either.

Fans are so ****ing impatient.

I feel like that was written by someone who doesn't follow Marvel, or someone who has a small background, and googled the rest.

hear me out

the fangirl aspect of super powered people..Jones had a crush on Johnny Storm. We saw how Skye reacted to meeting Michael (I think his name was)

She was in foster care, after her parents were killed, and stared in the series Alias. We know Skye was in multiple foster care, and that Skye is an "alias"

Jones had her Alias Private Investigations thing, Skye, seems to find the backdoors, like Coulson said.

Jessica Jones' powers, aside from strength and durability, is flight. SKYE..flight...SKYE....

oh, one more thing, remember back when Marvel tried to get that show on ABC? A.K.A Jessica Jones? Perhaps they mixed that into Agents of Shield.

Welp, there it is.
nice

hear me out

Welp, there it is.

I have thought since the pilot that she's Jessica Jones.

Something to chew on:

http://io9.com/agents-of-shield-is-all-about-skyes-journey-and-tha-1443046238

TL;DR - They don't like Skye and the plots are kind of weak. They do mention that it would be cool if Coulson's team defected from SHIELD, which WOULD actually be cool.

All of these blogs are just repeating things that have been said before. The i09 piece hit upon my biggest problem with last night's show and the series thus far: It leans too heavily on Skye as the main character, the writing for her is pretty shoddy and the other characters get short shrift in terms of development. Skye has her defenders, but most people identify her as a big problem, with Ward coming in second. Weak writing is also singled out by many as a sticking point.

But those things constitute the bathwater, as far as I'm concerned. Throw out an ill-conceived character or two and tighten up the writing and the show will continue to improve. All that is needed is for the writers to recognize what is and isn't working and do what is needed to fix the problems.

I feel like that was written by someone who doesn't follow Marvel, or someone who has a small background, and googled the rest.

The denial is rife..i mean its an ok show..certainly worth a further look and many have valid points about shows in the past improving over time.

However..i thought marvel MCU had its stuff together better. The 2nd episode is basically the root of my fear..because it was just so dreadful.

This show doesnt seem to be planned out well as an integral vehicle to the MCU..and i thought it would. Ill still be tuning in..but it takes a lot for me to follow a show and thusfar i dont know if im willing to hang around.

Yes because anyone who doesn't have excessive criticism of the show is in denial.

The pilot felt a bit slapped together,
But the episodes are getting better with the latest being the best so far .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"