Agents of SHIELD TV series for ABC - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' started by Thread Manager, Jan 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Destructus86

Destructus86 Well-Known Member

so..basically... Rage = Luke Cage

2. DigificWriter

DigificWriter Well-Known Member

Not yet; ABC announces its broadcast schedule tomorrow, though, so we only have one more day to wait until we find out when the show will air.

3. zeroapoc

zeroapoc Eldritch Abomination

Pure speculation, but could the September 4, 2013 date seen on this badge potentially be the series premier date?

[​IMG]

4. Whiskey Tango

Whiskey Tango Well-Known Member

Good call, it didn't even occur to me to examine that.

Gah, I should have kept looking. I stopped at 60 or 61 and figured it was close enough.

5. cherokeesam

cherokeesam SHIELD Director Coulson

Dunno, but if that's the case, hopefully that means ABC has it locked through at least September 2019. ;)

6. Whiskey Tango

Whiskey Tango Well-Known Member

7. cherokeesam

Essentially, yeah. Same powerset, it's just that Rage is the "teenage" version (well, 13-year old whose body has aged to that of a 30 year old). He was basically the resident brick of The New Warriors.

Actually, the marvel.wikia official ratings list Luke Cage at Strength 4, Durability 5, Fighting 4; and Rage at Strength 6, Durability 5, Fighting 3. Rage is actually stronger than Luke Cage, and has even stood toe to toe with Big Green during World War Hulk.

8. Donut

Donut Well-Known Member

I wonder if any of these characters will show up in the movies. Especially if they end up popular enough

9. Destructus86

So, I know nothing about New Warriors...but this Rage guy sounds exactly like Cage to me...is there a difference?

10. cherokeesam

I think the initial plan is "no," and Joss might actually have a quote to that effect somewhere, I dunno; but it's probably going to boil down to just how popular the show gets. If it takes off --- really takes off and becomes a huge hit --- I can't see how they wouldn't want to pad Avengers and other franchises with a cameo here and there of a beloved TV character.

11. Destructus86

I think they are going to take this opportunity to bring in some lesser known heroes and especially villains.

12. OB12

OB12 Well-Known Member

I think at first we are more likely to see characters from the movies showing up on this show, specifically SLJ and maybe even RDJ. We know that Batroc is going to be in CA:TWS, he'd be the type of villain that would make a good antagonist in SHIELD, and I wouldn't be surprised to see Agent 13 make an appearance. Al that said, I think this show will try to establish the main cast and explore Marvel characters that we have not seen before and if any of them prove popular, I could see future appearances in film.

13. BatsDC

BatsDC Side-Kicker

I can see characters such as Luke Cage, if he's introduced in this series, being in the movies.

Can't imagine any of the agents could have much more than a cameo in any of the movies though.

14. cherokeesam

In power sets, they're pretty much the same character. Rage is a lot stronger than Cage, though, and has strength levels that sometimes push into the Hulk range.

Backstory --- Luke was a prisoner who got his powers involuntarily from some racist pigs who conducted experiments on him in jail. When Cage got out, he became a private eye/mercenary. Rage was a 13-year old kid who got superpowers after accidental exposure to toxic waste that caused him to also age rapidly to about 30. After being kept out of the Avengers for being "too young" (technically, he was still 13), he joined The New Warriors instead.

Costume --- Luke Cage wears a yellow shirt. Of some sort or other. But always yellow. (No yellow shirt in the TV preview, btw.) Rage wears a luchador mask. (No luchador mask in the TV preview, btw.)

I think ultimately it comes down to *either* Cage or Rage, but I think the essential question here is whether or not the show will debut a B-lister like Cage or a D-lister like Rage. We've discussed this for, what, years now, but I think the point of the show is *not* to bring in big names --- save those for potential film projects instead.

15. DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs

DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs Well-Known Member

loved the preview, think this show is gonna be epic. can't wait to see how it ties into the MCU as a whole too

16. kaijunexus

kaijunexus Marvel Cinematic Universe

Some trailer screengrabs...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. kaijunexus

kaijunexus Marvel Cinematic Universe

And more...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. Silvermoon

Silvermoon Made To Be Ruled

Don't touch Lola :woot:
    I mentioned/brought up this thought in the other thread, but so it looks like Coulson is examining a holographic reconstruction of an explosion, you can see it a little bit in this screengrab and going frame by frame in the trailer the source looks like it might be human shaped - could this be some type of link to the Extremis story-line from IM3? *just a thought that popped in my head*

19. DrCosmic

DrCosmic Professor of Power

I'm thinking the same thing at this point. In the screengrab you can see other holographic things in front of him, showing it's not some energy being materializing or something like that.

20. spideymouse

spideymouse Well-Known Member

I've been seeing a lot of Extremis-related speculation, not just around this promo but in general. And of course, with IM3 fresh in our minds, that's to be expected. But I really think we need to anticipate this series being a universe-expander, not a universe-connector. From everything that has been said by Whedon and others regarding its connection to the MCU, I do think that the show will branch out towards unreached corners of the MCU rather than connect and revisit old ones.

21. GRangerPrimeNYC

GRangerPrimeNYC AgentGodzillaRangerPrime

According to the newspaper Harley gives Tony in IM3, the film takes place in December 2013.

If some of the characters in this show get their IDs in September 2013, that means some of the show takes place before or during IM3.
    I'm guessing we'll see Extremis stuff, which explains that shot of Coulson viewing a reversed Extremis explosion.

22. Vartha

Vartha Mod of Thunder

Was wondering if we'll ever see Cloak n Dagger myself.
    I mean for the longest time there was talk of a TV show. THIS could be a good start.

23. Vartha

Vartha Mod of Thunder

I was thinking it could be some of the Armor being blown up in IM3. That Rectangle in the center there looks like a couple of the Chest Arcs

24. StarLord

StarLord Boogeyman

For those who use Twitter, Joss has joined under @JossActual

The shows official Twitter is @AgentsofSHIELD

25. Vartha

Vartha Mod of Thunder

oooooNICE thanks Lash!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.