Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents of SHIELD TV series for ABC - General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so behind on Arrow. Felicity Smoak has only just discovered Ollie's secret for me.

I've only watched the terrible pilot and a bunch of unimpressive clips my friend has showed me to try and get me into the show.

I've only watched the terrible pilot and a bunch of unimpressive clips my friend has showed me to try and get me into the show.

Well, I will say by way of recommendation that... it's ok... but has never been THAT interesting.

I wish we'd get stills or something already. The wait hurts... :csad:

I recommend ARROW....cool show.

Agreed C. Lee and it's only getting better.

I love Arrow, probably my 3rd favourite show on right now.

I loved J. August Richards on Angel. When thinking of all the Whedonverse alums who might appear I never thought of Richards, but he fits as a S.H.I.E.L.D agent. If that's his role.

I loved J. August Richards on Angel. When thinking of all the Whedonverse alums who might appear I never thought of Richards, but he fits as a S.H.I.E.L.D agent. If that's his role.

I doubt it. If he were just a SHIELD agent, I can't see them making his role "super secret." Whatever he is, its *important*, and probably not one of the main cast. So, I'm thinking either a major villain, or a major supporting character, and in either case probably someone from the comics.

I'm not saying he'll be JUST a S.H.I.E.L.D agent? But I'm hoping he'll be a S.H.I.E.L.D agent... Some people are speculating he'll be Luke Cage... Personally, I don't see it.

This was already posted in the other thread. Maybe it's about time the two were merged into one Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. general thread? lol.

http://abcallaccess.com/show/marvels-agents-of-s-h-i-e-l-d/

Joss Whedon (MARVEL’S THE AVENGERS, Buffy the Vampire Slayer) shows us not all heroes are super with MARVEL’S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.

Fresh from his role in the summer’s box office smash, MARVEL’S THE AVENGERS, Agent Phil Coulson (Clark Gregg) returns to the worldwide law enforcement organization S.H.I.E.L.D. He puts together a small, highly trained, team of Agents to tackle the cases that haven’t been classified yet, the new, the strange and the unknown. That team consists of straight arrow Agent Grant Ward (Brett Dalton), an expert in combat and espionage; pilot and martial artist Agent Melinda May (Ming-Na Wen); and brilliant if socially awkward scientists Agent Leo Fitz (Iain De Caestecker) and Agent Jemma Simmons (Elizabeth Henstridge). They’ll be joined by civilian new recruit and computer hacker Skye (Chloe Bennet).

Prepare for an epic adventure that showcases the hope and wonder of the human spirit. This is a world of Super Heroes, aliens and the unusual – of action, spectacle and world spanning stories. The show will speak to the human condition through the lens of our very human, non-powered S.H.I.E.L.D agents – that together we are greater than we are apart, and that we can make a difference in the world.

Seems odd considering he's got his own pilot in production...

I guess the question now is what villains will show up.

I guess the question now is what villains will show up.

Well, the main concern would of course be that they're faceless organisations of nameless mooks, C-grade villains from the comics or new made-for-TV characters; with either Marvel keeping the big names for their movies or the license to them having been palmed off to another company along with a superhero.

Very happy to see Richards join the cast. Loved him in Angel. I'm guessing he'll follow Whedon tradition and play a villain in this (like every Firefly allum did in other Joss shows). I look forward to it, but if he does in fact play a villain I expect I'll mourn Angel's cancellation even more, seeing as Gunn was lined up to be the villain of the sixth season.

Maybe there will be some kind of flashback scenes setting up the main plot/villain of the show, featuring Gunn as young Nick Fury.

Ah, but do you want Good Amy Acker or Evil Amy Acker? ;)

Is it too much to ask for both?

tumblr_m9yboqIGqx1qj9xato1_500.gif

How much of a hit do you think this will be?

My predictions:

Top rated new show of the season.
Highest ratings since 'Once Upon A Time' began on ABC.
The highest rated or second highest rated program on ABC at the very least.

Basically I'm seeing it's hard earned audience from the silver screen reflecting in its television run.

Do you think we'll get a preview attached to IRON MAN 3? This seems highly likely to me. It would be easiest way to ensure that audience.

Why couldn't they just call this S.H.I.E.L.D.?

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is such a mouthful and a **** title.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"