Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents of SHIELD TV series for ABC - General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they wanted to, could they take the characters from this show and put them in a movie?
Of course they 'could'. However, logistics, coordination, contracts and money make things a little difficult. Not impossible, of course, but difficult.

It's basically cost-benefit calculus that will determine these things. Does the cost of the additional headache incurred provide some tangiable benefit to Marvel? If, in their estimation, yes, then expect to see cast members crossing over from the show to the movies and vice versa.

If they wanted to, could they take the characters from this show and put them in a movie?
They could, and I honestly expect that to happen with at least one character from this show at some point. But not in their own movie; just as a supporting character in one of the MCU flicks.

I like it. It fits the series and it's straight and to the point. It's a show about the agents of Shield.

I can't imagine Joss not including a few castmembers in The Avengers 2.

They need extras in Avengers 2 doing stuff in the background, so why not characters with whom we are already familiar? One of them could be playing a computer game or just bringing a report.

They did that with Star Trek as well, with characters from the series crossing over to the films - there was the EMH in First Contact, for example.

They need extras in Avengers 2 doing stuff in the background, so why not characters with whom we are already familiar? One of them could be playing a computer game or just bringing a report.

Cost and expenses. Background characters (specifically of the non-speaking variety) generally don't get paid all that much. As such, the actors who play the main characters on the show would likely not be willing to take such a massive pay cut. Likewise, the studio would probably not be willing to spend so much to pay the actors closer to their usual rates.

Don't actors sometimes accept scale as favors to friends and such? Whedon seems to engender a lot of good will on his sets.

Some of the SHIELD cast might even just relish the thought of being in Avengers 2, even in a cameo. It's not like it will be the same as an anonymous extra, because people would recognise the character from the TV series.

And it could be written into their TV contract that they could appear in cameos/ small parts in a MCU movie.

You'd think that they could be used as extras in the background of some SHIELD scene. It would only take a day to film and could help promote the show they are on so it would be good for their carers.

Oh, I definitely agree they COULD do it. I was simply responding to Dark Raven as to why it may not happen.

You'd think that they could be used as extras in the background of some SHIELD scene. It would only take a day to film and could help promote the show they are on so it would be good for their carers.

Maybe, maybe not. Filming might take a day or two. However, one must also take into consideration logistics. Consider that TV shows tend to film for most of the year; meaning, the two might be occurring simultaneously. Then, consider also that filming of the movie and the TV show may not take place near one another and may instead be on opposite coasts if not different countries altogether (while TV shows tend to be filmed at either Hollywood or New York, movies often vary more greatly). Suddenly, that one/two day stint has stretched to four/five days. The TV show's filming schedule might not be able to permit its leads to all be absent for an entire week.

Last edited:
Definitely not much on around Tuesday. They better be smart for sure. Maybe even move Once Upon A Time after it

That's not the way they're doing the OUAT spinoff. It's supposed to bridge the hiatus from fall to spring so there's less of a start and stop thing like they've had going on this season.

That's not the way they're doing the OUAT spinoff. It's supposed to bridge the hiatus from fall to spring.

I changed my post to putting Once Upon A Time after this show. Then spin off in that old slot during the hiatus

I really want it to be more than just Fury lying about it. They have a great opportunity here to expand the scope of the MCU, and it would suck to see them waste that opportunity.

I really hope there's going to be more to it than that. I want Coulsen back and I understand completely why Marvel wants him back, but come on. As is, that idea couldn't be more lazy.

I'm taking that "rumor" worth a grain of salt, given what Gregg said himself recently:
http://screencrush.com/clark-gregg-agents-of-s-h-i-e-l-d-details/
“I don’t know how you could not change going through what he went through. I think if he hadn’t gone through some kind of change, it wouldn’t be any good. That said, I don’t know if he understands how much he’s changed.”

As for the mystery surrounding Coulson’s death and resurrection, Gregg confirmed that yes, there is definitely a mystery surrounding his return from the grave…and that it was one of the key things that sold him on the show in the first place:

“When Joss described to me the mystery…and the complexity and the unanswered questions about Phil Coulson standing there trying to deal with this, I found it so fascinating and so true to the world of the comics and mythology in general as I understand them that I was immediately in.”
It seems like his manner of return is a *bit* more complex than "holding his breath" and indeed, seems like it might be something that's *at least* a multi episode arc if not a season or even a series arc for the character. "He held his breath" is something cleared up in the pilot episode if not just a few minutes worth of explanation.

I really want it to be more than just Fury lying about it. They have a great opportunity here to expand the scope of the MCU, and it would suck to see them waste that opportunity.

I disagree. I think adding a supernatural element to how he's back would just complicate proceedings in a way that would be alienating to new viewers. Having it be that Fury lied, however, is chock full of character development for Coulson, Fury, and The Avengers when they find out about it.

I seriously hope they have SOMETHING attached to Iron Man 3 about this. If this is coming out in fall, their publicity is going to roll out sometime over the summer anyway. This would be the way to guarantee it gains traction with all those into the MCU.

He's an android. They're gonna reveal Phil Culson is a machine who always thought he was a man. Some real Phillip K. Dick ****. That's my theory at least.

They did that with Star Trek as well, with characters from the series crossing over to the films - there was the EMH in First Contact, for example.

I listened to Robert Picardo give a talk last year at the St. Louis Science Center. There's actually a weirdly long backstory behind his appearance as the EMH in First Contact.

He caught word that they were designing the Enterprise E in such a way as to be able to redress and reuse a lot of the sets from Voyager, especially engineering and the medbay. He wanted to be in one of the films and saw his in. He went to a number of the producers and writers and made his case that as part of the current line of ships the new Enterprise would have all of the advancements available on the Voyager, including the EMH and convinced each person that everyone else was already on board with letting him having a cameo, even before he had talked to most of them. A few script drafts later, and sure enough, the EMH was included.

Robert Picardo is awesome.

Coulson is a Watcher who decided to live amongst the humans after discovering how awesome Captain America is. :o

Not a clue. I don't see what one has to do with the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"