Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents of SHIELD TV series for ABC - General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like we'dsee RDJ or Cobie Smoulders on the show before Sam Jackson. Maybe I'm wrong, but I feel like they're more accessible.

I wonder if we might see threads of the Phase 3 villain start out in the show and then be carried into the movies (assuming the show lasts that long, of course). That would be cool if SHIELD is fighting Hydra for a season and then Hydra's big plan comes to fruition in Avengers 3 or Cap 3.

My bff Joss said it counts, so it counts. He said if you disagree with me, the terrorists have already won. Is that what you want? I bet that's what you want. You wanna perform a jihad all over Marvel studios.

WTF...?? :wow: <backs away slowly>

I was just pointing out that Iron Man 3 didn't offer us any new clues as to the future of the franchise or its next installment.

And then you spoiled thanos' presence in the avengers for everybody. Jerk :oldrazz:

What?! Thanos was in Avengers? NOOOO!!! I shouldn't have typed that. Now I've spoiled myself as well!!! :D

Quick! We need a SHIELD to protect us from these rampant spoilers!!! <ba-dum tish>

There Is rumor this could be On thursdays In fall.In same timeslot Charlie's Angels,Last resort,and Zero hour failed In.

Lets be honest though, Charlie's angels and zero hour wouldn't have been successful no matter what time slot/ air day they got. I don't even know what last resort is.

Last Resort would be better described as "Fantasy Submarine", because it was a badly conceived soap opera disguised as a rather horrid technothriller.

Anyway, more worrisome bit is that Thursday is NCIS, IIRC. That's not as bad an audience overlap as Sunday would be, but its still not something I'm totally comfortable with them taking a run at.

Last Resort would be better described as "Fantasy Submarine", because it was a badly conceived soap opera disguised as a rather horrid technothriller.

Anyway, more worrisome bit is that Thursday is NCIS, IIRC. That's not as bad an audience overlap as Sunday would be, but its still not something I'm totally comfortable with them taking a run at.
The NCIS's are on Tuesday (so unless it's been announced they're changing to Thurs. in the fall - which I'm not aware of, but admit I don't pay much attention to those things).... Person of Interest and Elementary are currently the two CBS shows Thursdays

:dry:

Last Resort was almost comically bad. Not sure why I even watched that one till the end of it's ill-fated run.

Speaking of Shawn Ryan shows that prematurely got their plugs pulled, I still weep for the cancellation of Terriers. I maintain that it would have been a hit if they had called the show ANYTHING other than Terriers. Oh, enjoyed the hell outta The Chicago Code as well.

Found this viral video ABC posted on youtube.

[YT]1mAsRAhjVMs[/YT]

It was a blurred clip from TIH with a "RISING TIDE" watermark in the corner

ABC apparently registered the domain wearetherisingtide.com

Chloe Bennet is playing a "computer hacker who is obsessed with superhero culture" in the show

Seems like they have a whole viral planned around this

Heh, I'm gonna go the other way Webfoot and say I hope they DO put it on Tuesdays or Thursdays, lol. JUST NO SUNDAYS, PLEASE.

Heh, I'm gonna go the other way Webfoot and say I hope they DO put it on Tuesdays or Thursdays, lol. JUST NO SUNDAYS, PLEASE.
If they put it at 10 PM on Tuesday then I'd be fine. ABC would be stupid to put it against the NCIS shows on Tuesday or against TBBT and Person of Interest on Thursday.

Wherever they put this thing I don't see how it can't not be a success and beat out several established shows. The audience flocked to Avengers, the same audience flocked to Iron Man 3, Thor and Cap will see boosts (although it's uncertain how far of a boost yet). So, even half of that audience turns up? It's already gold. Basically it's the safest show any studio could make and market.

If they put it at 10 PM on Tuesday then I'd be fine. ABC would be stupid to put it against the NCIS shows on Tuesday or against TBBT and Person of Interest on Thursday.

ABC is aiming for being family friendly with this, similar to Once Upon a Time. They're not giving it a 10 PM slot.

Also remember your dealing with the crooked nielsen system.A lot of people can watch a show and they aren't counted.

Plus a lot of people can't pull themselves away from CBS.

Plus this Is comic book adaptian without any characters from comic books besides possable guest characters and cameos.Colson doesn't count sine he was created for Iron Man film.Also question mark will Joss whedon have much Involvement besides the pilot.
He has a little film called the avengers sequel to focus his time on.

I'm really unsure who you're responding to, so - here goes.

If MARVEL puts the same level of caliber to this series as they do with their films - it'll quickly reach a similar outcome and result as the MARVEL films have made at box office. There's a reason now why they feel confident with the likes of Guardians, Dr. Strange, and Ant Man. They've created a brand and the audience has spoken - they love the brand. The closest I can relate this to is Walt Disney's earlier programs where he was seriously involved and took center stage. Branding works.

SHIELD has been a comic series for a long time, with a lot of action, I don't see why the TV series would be that much different from that.

I'm unsure if that's a fact or a theory you just stated....

The audience knows little to nothing about comic books. They know the MCU, that's all that matters. And this is linked into the MCU via Coulson who IS the most important Shield member to audiences outside of Nick Fury. SHIELD may have other main agents. But to mass audiences? Those characters are strangers.

Marvel has always hired the most capable people. Why would they stop when they're going to be in the public eye now more than ever? People are going to be watching to see if this enterprise can work - a film, TV, comic multi-spanning universe has never been attempted before. It's going to be met with scrutiny. Not as much, but near the same thing they had to prove in phase one. That they can do this and have it work. So, they're not going to wimp out now - it would seriously hurt their forward momentum for this series to publicly fail. So, if they weren't completely confident? They wouldn't have taken the gamble. The same level of thinking that goes into the films - they've had to put into the series. And that's already shown in "reviews" and reports from those who have seen it.

Last edited:
Surprised we still haven't got official confirmation yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"