Ahsoka Ahsoka General News & Discussion Thread (TAG SPOILERS)

KRT does suck that much is true.

Yeah all you really have to do is watch one of their videos. They are two guys who are probably in their early to mid twenties. Are people that young even going to have any significant sources at all? What I have realized about the youtube community is that many of the 'sources' they claim to have often are just their youtube friends.

Yeah all you really have to do is watch one of their videos. They are two guys who are probably in their early to mid twenties. Are people that young even going to have any significant sources at all? What I have realized about the youtube community is that many of the 'sources' they claim to have often are just their youtube friends.

Being fair, even seemingly-legitimate journalists can report rumors and leaks that turn out to have emerged from thin air, when you track all the sources ( *if* you can ). Its why I judge leaks and rumors first and foremost on their contents rather than their source. I'll take a rumor or leak seriously if and only if:

1. It is specific and detailed enough that, once time has passed, you can clearly determine if it were true or not in retrospect. If its vague and ambiguous, able to mean many things, or especially if the person reporting it seems to openly leave themselves wiggle room? Its BS.

2. Its details are unexpected, consisting of things that could not be predicted by a reasonably intelligent outside observer, nor would be wished for by an eager fan. If its just obvious fan wishes and high probability educated guesses? Its BS.

That pretty much excludes at least 90% of so called "leaks".

Being fair, even seemingly-legitimate journalists can report rumors and leaks that turn out to have emerged from thin air, when you track all the sources ( *if* you can ). Its why I judge leaks and rumors first and foremost on their contents rather than their source. I'll take a rumor or leak seriously if and only if:

1. It is specific and detailed enough that, once time has passed, you can clearly determine if it were true or not in retrospect. If its vague and ambiguous, able to mean many things, or especially if the person reporting it seems to openly leave themselves wiggle room? Its BS.

2. Its details are unexpected, consisting of things that could not be predicted by a reasonably intelligent outside observer, nor would be wished for by an eager fan. If its just obvious fan wishes and high probability educated guesses? Its BS.

That pretty much excludes at least 90% of so called "leaks".

Yep. And that accounts for about everything the Kessel guys have reported. Even their Bad Batch report that a lot of their supporters like to give them credit for they only reported it after we knew that the final TCW season was going to have a Bad Batch arc. Anybody could have guessed that due to us getting a Bad Batch arc that would mean the chances were decent they would do a series about them.

The only thing I give the Kessel guys credit for is that they stay within the realm of possibility and they don't go making predictions out of left field like a lot of the rumor channels like to do.

Yep. And that accounts for about everything the Kessel guys have reported. Even their Bad Batch report that a lot of their supporters like to give them credit for they only reported it after we knew that the final TCW season was going to have a Bad Batch arc. Anybody could have guessed that due to us getting a Bad Batch arc that would mean the chances were decent they would do a series about them.

The only thing I give the Kessel guys credit for is that they stay within the realm of possibility and they don't go making predictions out of left field like a lot of the rumor channels like to do.

That is certainly something, and would be fine, *if* they made clear that they were dealing in speculation rather than leaks. More media types should be willing to openly go "Okay, here is *my* speculation about what I believe might happen, and here is my evidence and reasoning supporting it", rather than sloppily or deliberately implying secret knowledge. Of course, that would exclude a huge chunk of the most appealing clickbait, since a lot of desperate fan wishes that draw the hype are dumb ideas with zero proof.

Rosario Dawson being involved in Star Wars = :up:

That it took this long for her to have any role of significance (I am not counting her role on the Marvel Netflix series) = :down

On the topic of Thrawn modders have added Thrawn to Battlefront 2 modeled after Lars.
q1aR03B.png

Last edited:

Good, because that **** better be earmarked for Lars anyway.

Who wants to be a Blue commander!?
\
cdcde82a89bcf97214c016ed11a230a6.jpg

Way back when the first Zahn novel came out I couldn't help but think the character visual was a refitted
Star Command's Commander Stone :funny:

But yeah not sure why the fan push to bring it to Cumberbatch?
When they already have the perfect actor voicing him, and who looks like him.

3b6d81e6fdf3680924121774264c777c.jpg

Also unfortunate Cumberbatch 's only takeaway about the character is that he is blue .(although likely unknowingly, if that's the case I blame whoever laid the question before him, and didn't draw the great parallel that Thrawn is pretty much what if Holmes was the villain.
Who if done right, can be one of the better developed, and most interesting villains in Star Wars and fiction. (despite being blue)

Edit:
Yeah just watched the vid associated with that tweet , and the guy who asked him, all he told Cumberbatch about Thrawn is the character is Blue. Like that was the most important thing.
So it's totally the interviews fault, that Cumberbatch comes off dismissive of the character.
And now that is the headline they are running with, and people are spreading.
That is a complete failure on the interviwer, when it was their chance to introduce Cumberbatch to the character, all they emphasized is the character is Blue.

Last edited:
BC is very much needed in the MCU. Lars Mikkelsen is perfect.

Soooooo is something gonna happen with this? :funny:

If Lars doesn’t want the role or if they can’t come to an agreement with him, then BC would still be very suited to this IMO.

They are filming the Mando right now. It seems they will be shooting the three shows (Boba, Mando and Ahsoka) in release order, as Favreau and Filoni are heavily involved with each show.
So 3 heavy hitters up next, and the dream team to kick them off! At least we can be confident that these new shows are going to be very high quality for a good while longer. Hopefully the others by other creators after that can also match the quality having seen what’s come before.

So 3 heavy hitters up next, and the dream team to kick them off! At least we can be confident that these new shows are going to be very high quality for a good while longer. Hopefully the others by other creators after that can also match the quality having seen what’s come before.
Don't forget Obi-Wan and Andor.

Don't forget Obi-Wan and Andor.
Oh maybe I misread. Are they coming out before the other shows mentioned or after? Also what are the creative teams like for those if you know?

Oh maybe I misread. Are they coming out before the other shows mentioned or after? Also what are the creative teams like for those if you know?
Obi-Wan and Andor have completely different creative teams. Andor is run by Tony Gilroy, which is crazy promising, and Deborah Chow, a strong director from the Mando, is one of the two major creative forces behind Obi-Wan. Both are currently filming. Both should come out before Ahsoka.

The Mando shows and their spin offs are kind of "isolated" when it comes to their creative teams.

Last edited:
not really: Robert Rodriguez shot an episode for Mando and now BoBF

So... they heard that they're casting a lead who's a 20-30 year old Asian woman... and they leapt to Bariss? The character that's the same age as Ahsoka? I can believe the casting slide... but that feels like it's pretty clearly Sabine.

So... they heard that they're casting a lead who's a 20-30 year old Asian woman... and they leapt to Bariss? The character that's the same age as Ahsoka? I can believe the casting slide... but that feels like it's pretty clearly Sabine.
Sabine had better show up dammit, I vote for Jessica Henwick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"