Ahsoka Ahsoka General News & Discussion Thread (TAG SPOILERS)

Greedy, you are.

giphy.webp

Would kinda appreciate it here being a force-ghost thing than flashbacks. Hayden's force-ghost Anakin by now, we might as well accept it and actually use it. Ahsoka asking what the **** he was thinking etc. Drama.

Get those cheques Hayden. I'm glad the fanbase is more receptive to him and hope he has a nice victory lap. And of course, I am very curious about his performance under different direction.

Maybe I'm alone in this, but I'd like to see Ahmed Best cast as a human character in something too. He grafted in that thankless Jar Jar role and deserves a more respectable SW legacy.

Psh, heresy - Jar Jar rules. Especially Morgan Freeman Jar Jar.

But yeah, I wouldn't mind them casting Best in something completely opposite in a big middle-finger to all the morons riding his ass over the years. Cigar/deathstick-chomping badass Rebel special forces hardass in Andor or something. Dude straight out of Predator. :funny:

As for Christensen, I'm kinda torn on it all. Feel good for the guy, likewise he's got a bad wrap over the years, but ehh. Something about using Anakin and Obi again feels a little off to me somehow without George overseeing it, hope they're kinda going to him for a Don's blessing with any major lore stuff. Guess Filoni'll be all over the Ahsoka one though, it feels a little more warranted here. Still don't want some hamfisted Clone Wars flashbacks every episode or whatever though, it'd work better as a redeemed-Anakin forceghost visiting her and she majorly chews him out.

Psh, heresy - Jar Jar rules. Especially Morgan Freeman Jar Jar.

But yeah, I wouldn't mind them casting Best in something completely opposite in a big middle-finger to all the morons riding his ass over the years. Cigar/deathstick-chomping badass Rebel special forces hardass in Andor or something. Dude straight out of Predator. :funny:

Haha yeah that's the character right there. Someone who ain't got time to bleed.

As for Christensen, I'm kinda torn on it all. Feel good for the guy, likewise he's got a bad wrap over the years, but ehh. Something about using Anakin and Obi again feels a little off to me somehow without George overseeing it, hope they're kinda going to him for a Don's blessing with any major lore stuff. Guess Filoni'll be all over the Ahsoka one though, it feels a little more warranted here. Still don't want some hamfisted Clone Wars flashbacks every episode or whatever though, it'd work better as a redeemed-Anakin forceghost visiting her and she majorly chews him out.

I hear you. Disney have an authenticity problem. I think it's best to view their productions as 'bonus content', and then just pick and choose what you enjoy. They're going to milk every last drop they can, fill every gap they can find, some will work and some won't.

I hear you. Disney have an authenticity problem.

Don't put words in my mouth. No, they don't.

The lion's share of the Disney-era stuff, movies and TV alike, has been awesome. Kennedy, alike, rules. All I said was I'm of two minds about Anakin/Obi-Wan stuff prior to ANH, kind of feels like the realm where you might want to leave it to George, or at least get him to sign off on it.

Filoni's involved here though, he's as close as it gets to the big man, it feels a little more legit having Anakin here. That being said, Chow's great too - my only concern is that she'd go a different way with things than George may be comfortable with (and let's be honest, Ewan doesn't give a **** about what any original plan was, 100% guarantee that guy likes Chow's approach on everything more than he did George's - and that's fine too, to each their own) regarding the inter-trilogy Obi/Anakin stuff. Like, even if this new duel works well, I can't see it be something George would have intended or gone for, like if that other anthology series of his went ahead I doubt they'd do an episode about that.

But Ahsoka's basically as much Filoni's baby as George's, so whatever, here I'm a bit less puritanical about any Anakin stuff. Besides, sure those two guys still talk anyway.

Don't put words in my mouth. No, they don't.

I apologise if I said something wrong here, but I didn't say you said it. I believe Disney have an authenticity problem, because they own the IP but are not the source of the story. It's cool if you disagree, but I was responding to this from yourself:

Something about using Anakin and Obi again feels a little off to me somehow without George overseeing it, hope they're kinda going to him for a Don's blessing with any major lore stuff. Guess Filoni'll be all over the Ahsoka one though, it feels a little more warranted here.

Which to me suggested that you are concerned about future projects without George or someone else guiding the ship.

The lion's share of the Disney-era stuff, movies and TV alike, has been awesome. Kennedy, alike, rules.

Cool. I like bits and pieces. I have no ill-will for Kathleen Kennedy, think she has a tough job, and the constant bile directed towards her is disgusting.

All I said was I'm of two minds about Anakin/Obi-Wan stuff prior to ANH, kind of feels like the realm where you might want to leave it to George, or at least get him to sign off on it.

Fair enough. Why do you think those characters/that time period are more sensitive than others? Lucas owned all of it, afterall.

Filoni's involved here though, he's as close as it gets to the big man, it feels a little more legit having Anakin here.

That being said, Chow's great too - my only concern is that she'd go a different way with things than George may be comfortable with (and let's be honest, Ewan doesn't give a **** about what any original plan was, 100% guarantee that guy likes Chow's approach on everything more than he did George's - and that's fine too, to each their own) regarding the inter-trilogy Obi/Anakin stuff. Like, even if this new duel works well, I can't see it be something George would have intended or gone for, like if that other anthology series of his went ahead I doubt they'd do an episode about that.

But Ahsoka's basically as much Filoni's baby as George's, so whatever, here I'm a bit less puritanical about any Anakin stuff. Besides, sure those two guys still talk anyway.

Again it looks a lot like you're looking for legitimacy (in your own words), which is what I was referring to with the 'Authenticity Problem'. Perhaps it read more pessimistic than I intended. I think it's a factor Disney will be faced with in every production, but to be clear I'm not saying it's all doomed to be awful or anything.

Cool. Rest assured, I won't respond to you again.

Much better then Ahsoka's casting imo. I'm very happy. So we basically know the group, as it seems Space Aladdin is all but confirmed.

Last edited:
Not familiar with her, but people who are seem excited, and she definitely looks the part. With Sabine cast only a matter of time before we hear Ezra's casting. And can they just confirm Lars already?

Also, this theme needs to make a return, love Kiner's theme for Sabine.

Last edited:
Not familiar with her, but people who are seem excited, and she definitely looks the part. With Sabine cast only a matter of time before we hear Ezra's casting. And can they just confirm Lars already?

She knows how to fight with a sword. Give her the dark saber back! Or better yet, I believe she still has Ezra's lightsaber. That would be really awesome.

Really hyped for Sabine!

Much better then Ahsoka's casting imo. I'm very happy. So we basically know the group, as it seems Space Aladdin is all but confirmed.
Oh didn’t realise you weren’t a fan of the Ashoka casting. Is that due to acting or those outside controversies?

Can’t wait for that. Have there been any rumours for who might be Ezra?

Oh didn’t realise you weren’t a fan of the Ashoka casting. Is that due to acting or those outside controversies?
Performance and look. Just not very Ahsoka to me. Still wish it had been Brie Larson. Very Ahsoka in her attitude. She also "her eyes" imo.

Performance and look. Just not very Ahsoka to me. Still wish it had been Brie Larson. Very Ahsoka in her attitude. She also "her eyes" imo.
Oh right. You know best lol. I’d like to see a fan attempt at what Brie would look like as Ahsoka. Was there any talk of her linked to it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"