Ahsoka Ahsoka General News & Discussion Thread (TAG SPOILERS)

The dude who played Aladdin in the live action remake. So Aladdin is probably Space Aladdin.
Oh I think I did hear that (probably in this thread). He would have the look - and he was fine in Aladdin.

Oh right. You know best lol. I’d like to see a fan attempt at what Brie would look like as Ahsoka. Was there any talk of her linked to it?
Just the usual rumors. I got my hopes up. :hehe:

Shot in the dark. They retconned Ventress' death. She's still alive.

I think a light skinned black actress, or even a middle eastern actress would have been closer to Sabine. She's never looked Asian to me. Hopefully her performance is good at least.
Watch the episodes with Sabine's family. I didn't use to think so either, but after those episodes, it feels clear that Sabine and her family are suppose to Asian. Japanese or South East Asian could both apply imo.

That’s a come up.

Hollywood Reporter confirmed production in spring in their exclusive. Which I guess confirms that people were reading things into the Production Weekly thing that weren't there. That whole thing was sketchy in general tbh.

Any chance her husband could cameo…

Is this going to be Felon's show, is he going to be writing all the episodes. I am guessing we see the world between worlds here to help tie everything together. From what I saw it looked like this is their version of time travel or it could be their version of a multiverse now that that is a big deal. I think it would help to make changes so the creators are confined to what is already created by others.

Is this going to be Felon's show, is he going to be writing all the episodes. I am guessing we see the world between worlds here to help tie everything together. From what I saw it looked like this is their version of time travel or it could be their version of a multiverse now that that is a big deal. I think it would help to make changes so the creators are confined to what is already created by others.

lol, no

It is fairly obvious what Filoni is doing. He is going to do a new canon version of Heir to the Empire.

If this show gives us a meeting between Ahsoka and force ghost Anakin I might just cry.

lol, no

It is fairly obvious what Filoni is doing. He is going to do a new canon version of Heir to the Empire.

Could they really do that without jettisoning most of the published post ROTJ material?

What I've read of the expanded universe material between ROTJ and TFA makes it seem to me that the New Republic military stood down after ROTJ and didn't have any official major conflicts with the Imperial Remnant after Jaku.

Last edited:
From what I saw it looked like this is their version of time travel or it could be their version of a multiverse now that that is a big deal.
Not a multiverse, but some form of time travel, depending on your definition. Though not in a back to to future kind of way. :)

There is only one timeline, but The World Between Worlds exists outside of time, so you can see into the future or the past on said timeline.

Any changes made are a closed loop though. Meaning that within the story we will never see two different versions of the same event. It's not

1) Ahsoka dies
-> Time travel
2) Ahsoka is saved

Instead it's
1) Ahsoka would die against vader
-> Is pulled to a place outside of time
2) Then reinserted a little bit later on the same timeline, after the danger has passed

That's why we already see Ahsoka survive and walk away in season 2 as well. It just takes a long time to see exactly how and why she survives.

We also can't use it to retcon or change existing story points. If someone would change something at some point in the "future", we wouldn't see the original event before it is changed.

Yes, Ahsoka theoretically could've died against Vader, but she never does. Ezra saves her. That's how the story goes.

Last, but not least, that's why we hear dialogue from both the prequels (before Rebels), original trilogy, and sequels (after Rebels) in this place. These events are set in stone on the timeline.

The only oddity is that from the perspective of the World Between Worlds is that it's all happening at once. Which is how Ezra can save Ahsoka.

It's a very clean way to do time travel without retcons, alternate timelines, multiverse or big paradoxes.

Hope that makes sense. :)

Last edited:
If this show gives us a meeting between Ahsoka and force ghost Anakin I might just cry.

Could they really do that without jettisoning most of the published post ROTJ material?

What I've read of the expanded universe material between ROTJ and TFA makes it seem to me that the New Republic military stood down after ROTJ and didn't have any official major conflicts with the Imperial Remnant after Jaku.

What few books cover the 30 year gap between RotJ and TFA (and really a lot of them are sourcebook nonentities) are vague about the peacetime, how long it exactly lasted and what they define as a major conflict.

Thrawn’s campaign in Legends was a significantly smaller conflict than the Clone Wars or the Galactic Civil War. Thrawn’s army/fleet at full strength was only 25% of the Empire’s power at its height and the New Republic weren’t doing much better. Most of Thrawn’s targets were military, and he tried to minimise loss of life because it would be a waste of future Imperial resources/life. It wasn’t Star Wars WW3.

No. However, the scripts of the arcs where she would die were made into one of the first waves of new canon novels. So, who knows.

I loved that novel. Quinlan Vos & Ventress relationship was so good in it.That said, I wouldn't be mad if they retconned her death and brought her into the Ahsoka series. It would be absolutely killer to see Asajj Ventress in live action. And that actress I could see pulling off her looks easily.

Not a multiverse, but some form of time travel, depending on your definition. Though not in a back to to future kind of way. :)

There is only one timeline, but The World Between Worlds exists outside of time, so you can see into the future or the past on said timeline.

Any changes made are a closed loop though. Meaning that within the story we will never see two different versions of the same event. It's not

1) Ahsoka dies
-> Time travel
2) Ahsoka is saved

Instead it's
1) Ahsoka would die against vader
-> Is pulled to a place outside of time
2) Then reinserted a little bit later on the same timeline, after the danger has passed

That's why we already see Ahsoka survive and walk away in season 2 as well. It just takes a long time to see exactly how and why she survives.

We also can't use it to retcon or change existing story points. If someone would change something at some point in the "future", we wouldn't see the original event before it is changed.

Yes, Ahsoka theoretically could've died against Vader, but she never does. Ezra saves her. That's how the story goes.

Last, but not least, that's why we hear dialogue from both the prequels (before Rebels), original trilogy, and sequels (after Rebels) in this place. These events are set in stone on the timeline.

The only oddity is that from the perspective of the World Between Worlds is that it's all happening at once. Which is how Ezra can save Ahsoka.

It's a very clean way to do time travel without retcons, alternate timelines, multiverse or big paradoxes.

Hope that makes sense. :)
Glad you came over to explain this more. I have a question. So everything seen is fated to happen, it can't be changed?
Ezra pulling Ahsoka out of danger looks like it is changing time, but it is actually only doing what is fated to happen?
So the Future is still in tact and there are no alternate timelines created?

Glad you came over to explain this more. I have a question. So everything seen is fated to happen, it can't be changed?
Ezra pulling Ahsoka out of danger looks like it is changing time, but it is actually only doing what is fated to happen?
So the Future is still in tact and there are no alternate timelines created?
We never saw Ahsoka die, and saw evidence to the contrary at the end of the episode, two seasons prior to her being saved. Ezra saving her is not influenced by Ahsoka afterwords in any way, so no paradoxes are created, and by extension, no alternate timelines. Ahsoka never died, and Ezra was always going to save her. I don't necessarily think we can rule out the World Between Worlds being used to actually alter events though, we've just never seen it used for that, and Ahsoka actively advised Ezra against trying with Kanan.

We never saw Ahsoka die, and saw evidence to the contrary at the end of the episode, two seasons prior to her being saved. Ezra saving her is not influenced by Ahsoka afterwords in any way, so no paradoxes are created, and by extension, no alternate timelines. Ahsoka never died, and Ezra was always going to save her. I don't necessarily think we can rule out the World Between Worlds being used to actually alter events though, we've just never seen it used for that, and Ahsoka actively advised Ezra against trying with Kanan.
I think the only reason she stopped him was because of the implication of killing himself. Here is a thought, if Ezra made it to the point in time where he has the choice to save Kanan in the world between world, then he obviously doesn't save him. Ezra wouldn't be alive at that point where he can make a choice looking at Kanan through the portal. I can't wait to see what is done with all this stuff, it is very interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"