Superman Returns AICN has an early review!

you do know it is even worst if the movie ends with him passing his kid back to lois & richard and pretending he still can be the world champion, do you?

How so?
- Lois and Richard can remain happily together acting as Jasons parents - no broken families.
- Doesn't mean he wont care for the kid, it probably shows he cares more not to take him out of his safe and loving environment and put him in danger.
- Doesn't mean he wont protect the kid, theres no reason to completely destroy the little boys life just to take care of him and to 'do the right thing'.

Sverdlovski said:
Which had catastrophic consequences...

Yeah, but it showed Superman was human and made mistakes. I wonder, did people get mad when he did those two things back when those movies came out? Serious question. I really don't see how him leaving and coming back to a kid is any different than what he did in the first two movies.

Sverdlovski said:
On the contrary, if he acts like "hey kid, this guy that took care of your mommy and you during all your life, this guy that treated you like a son, this guy you called your father... he is not really your father, I am. So now, Me, your mommy and you will constitute a nice family. Now, go play with your piano" it will be disatrous.

The person who takes cares of you is your parent, not the person that only gave birth to you. Richard is the kid's father, even if it's not biologically.
so, that's the way he take the responsibility?
wow, so selfless. letting go his own kid & ask somebody to take care of him. how noble superman could be. hahaha...

chi-boy said:
Yeah, but it showed Superman was human and made mistakes. I wonder, did people get mad when he did those two things back when those movies came out? Serious question. I really don't see how him leaving and coming back to a kid is any different than what he did in the first two movies.

I'm not opposed to the fact that Superman left, I'm opposed to the fact that he he can constitue a family, because he can't. He can't be with Lois, he wants to, but he can't. And the kid... yikes!

chi-boy said:
Calm down and don't take it so personally. Forget about your problems and quit complaining, and let those with father problems who aren't wusses enjoy the movie. If you can't handle the premise then don't go outside, 'cuz there's alot worse out there and real life isn't a movie. Grow up. Man, you're acting like the little kid who didn't get the toy and has to ruin everyone else's fun.

If I'm ruining your fun by expressing my displeasure with the plot of a movie, then I don't think I am the one who needs to take the grown-up pills.

If you want a totally positive. everybody-agree-with-me experience, what are you doing on an internet forum?

sf2 said:
so, that's the way he take the responsibility?
wow, so selfless. letting go his own kid & ask somebody to take care of him. how noble superman could be. hahaha...

He won't destroy a happy family and the kid's life. At least I hope so.

MatchesMalone said:
If I'm ruining your fun by expressing my displeasure with the plot of a movie, then I don't think I am the one who needs to take the grown-up pills.

If you want a totally positive. everybody-agree-with-me experience, what are you doing on an internet forum?

I'm helping you help yourself.

TheScarecrow said:
How so?
- Lois and Richard can remain happily together acting as Jasons parents - no broken families.
- Doesn't mean he wont care for the kid, it probably shows he cares more not to take him out of his safe and loving environment and put him in danger.
- Doesn't mean he wont protect the kid, theres no reason to completely destroy the little boys life just to take care of him and to 'do the right thing'.

he is the last of his race. he searched the universe for his own kind. he has gone through the whole process of being different while growing up.
and now if he is having a son; a son who can continue his heritage. and you tell me it is ok for he to pass away the duty of a father to somebody else because he still wanna play the hero role / the world needs him more????

if i even meet such a superhero. i would say "F U and don't pretend to play the good guy while you have failed to be a father!"

sf2 said:
he is the last of his race. he searched the universe for his own kind. he has gone through the whole process of being different while growing up.
and now if he is having a son; a son who can continue his heritage. and you tell me it is ok for he to pass away the duty of a father to somebody else because he still wanna play the hero role / the world needs him more????

if i even meet such a superhero. i would say "F U and don't pretend to play the good guy while you have failed to be a father!"

If he has the best interest of the child in mind he is not 'failing to be a father'.

Breaking up a loving family just for the sake of Superman having the kid is silly and not something Superman should or would do.

He is being selfless as usual and thinking of others before himself. He will still look out for the kid and all the 'fatherly' stuff.

Mentok said:
If he has the best interest of the child in mind he is not 'failing to be a father'.

Breaking up a loving family just for the sake of Superman having the kid is silly and not something Superman should or would do.

He is being selfless as usual and thinking of others before himself. He will still look out for the kid and all the 'fatherly' stuff.

he is being totally selfish!

If he has the best interest of the child, he should be retired and be an official father, not a visit a week kinda father. do you have any idea how demanding it is to look after a kid??? furthermore, the kid is different. he should completely understand the need as he has gone through the process.

why do you think superman can't take a good care of his own kid?

if jor-el didn't die and came to earth to claim his son, is he wrong to do so?
moreover, lois lane isn't totally for richard. she might just treat him as a rebound.

If he has the best interest of the child, he should be retired and be an official father, not a visit a week kinda father. do you have any idea how demanding it is to look after a kid??? furthermore, the kid is different. he should completely understand the need as he has gone through the process.

Do you have any idea how to look after a kid? I certainly hope you haven't been in that situation because you clearly don't understand them. For a start, the selfish thing to do would be to barge in on Richard and Lois' family. As someone else said, biological fathers aren't always fathers. Secondly, doing this would more than likely break Lois and Richard up, something someone with morals would not do. Thirdly, the kid would be destroyed if 'dad' never turned out to be dad at all. He wouldn't want Richard because hes been told he isnt his father, and he wouldn't want Clark because he doesn't know him. Telling the kid would be the wrong thing to do. And if the kid goes back into his life with Richard and Lois, I can garauntee it wont be a once a week visit scenario. Either Clark/Superman will go as a friend and protect the kid or he won't go at all.

No...because his son is a grown man. And you don't 'claim' children.

moreover, lois lane isn't totally for richard. she might just treat him as a rebound

It is possible to love two people.

sf2 said:

Yes... Buy putting the needs of Jason, Lois and Richard before his own :confused:

Selfish - concerned chiefly or only with yourself and your advantage to the exclusion of others

If he has the best interest of the child, he should be retired and be an official father, not a visit a week kinda father.

Why are you stuck on this idea that he unless he lives with Lois and is the kids 'Official father' he is bad?. Thats not the case.

Breaking up a happy and working family simply so he can be the kids 'official' father is just plain wrong.

Jason has a father and a mother.

do you have any idea how demanding it is to look after a kid???

Yes I do. Maybe you dont since you think breaking up a working family is best for the kid.

furthermore, the kid is different. he should completely understand the need as he has gone through the process.

Which is what one of the last few lines in the film addresses. Superman knows he is different and will always be there to help him.

why do you think superman can't take a good care of his own kid?

No one has said that. I am saying that Superman has the kids best interests in mind, not his own by keeping his family together.

What :confused:

moreover, lois lane isn't totally for richard. she might just treat him as a rebound.

That makes it allright for Superman to destroy (from what he can see) a perfectly happy family?

IMO Superman will promise himself to protect the kid without telling him the thruth.
Lois will continue to stay with Richard for the good of the child.

So Superman will choose to defend the world, sacrifying his life to save others.

Very Epic :up:

It's sad that a Superman movie is coming out and one of the biggest talking points is something straight out of a Ken Loach kitchen sink drama

Sverdlovski said:
Wait a sec... where's the hospital scene? Hmm... I smell a fake here.
Well i was in the city about a year ago and i saw a movie camera on a car and a guy was in the the car with a bandage on his head with blood all over it.

hunter rider said:
LMAO im sensing more a new hype group
icon10.gif

Hmmm. . . it wouldn't be a bad idea. . . :D

smsvmos said:
LoL HAHAHAHA that was funny but we all know he is Supertot and electricity wont kill him. But a good idea Bad Superman

:D well, since he's young, he hasn't gathered that much power yet, so I guess we have a pretty decent shot there. :D

he is his son!!! god damn it! he has all the responsibility to take care of his own son! and not to let other to take over his duty!!! what's more, he is the last of his race, taking care of his son is ulmost important than the whatever world business!!!

have you been a father before? you have already abondoned him for several years and will you continue to do so???

sf2 said:
he is his son!!! god damn it! he has all the responsibility to take care of his own son! and not to let other to take over his duty!!! what's more, he is the last of his race, taking care of his son is ulmost important than the whatever world business!!!

have you been a father before? you have already abondoned him for several years and will you continue to do so???

Nah, if they are perfectly happy taking care of the kid, there's nothing wrong with letting them have the responsibility. And his son is still only half-kryptonian, so Superman is in fact the last of his race. Calm down, go outside and get some friends. This will all seem less urgent after that. :):up:

sf2 said:

The kid has a loving environment already there to support him. He has a mother and a father.

The kid is only half Kryptonian.

You cant abandon someone you (and they) didnt know about.

From Clarks point of view he was only gone for a few weeks, he had no idea his trip would take so long. Now that he is back (and has found out about his son) he does the most responcible thing to do... Keep him in his family.

Clark will be there to look out for him. Thats not ignoring or abandoning him. He is still playing a role in his sons life.

:up:

From Clarks point of view he was only gone for a few weeks, he had no idea his trip would take so long.

I've seen this mentioned before - is it speculation or has it been confirmed?

Tzigone said:
I've seen this mentioned before - is it speculation or has it been confirmed?

It was mentioned a few times in the old set reports, It was in one of the script reviews and the latest footage has martha telling clark 'You have been gone a long time'.

Mentok said:
Clark will be there to look out for him. Thats not ignoring or abandoning him. He is still playing a role in his sons life.:up:
"Boy, what a loser this Superman guy is, huh? Knocks up this chick, discovers some other dude's raising him as his son, then decides to hang around in disguise so he can fantasise about being with her and his kid!"

Hardly a super scenario, eh?

In fact, haven't Singer and co. ripped off Mrs Doubtfire?

I have a request:
Could someone post a spoiler-free, edited version of the AICN review ?
maybe even in a new thread ?

I'm sure many fans (including myself) would be very interested in reading it.

Thanks in advance,
Gal

I think you gotta understand this from Superman's perspective...

He finds out from NASA bits of his planet are still in tact. He feels it is important for him to go back and search for survivors. How is that not being responsible?

He most likely had no idea he impregnated Lois. In fact, he's been depicted as such a responsible guy since his comic debut, that there is no way in bad place he would have just abandoned his child. It's not as much about carelessness as it is about wanting to take a chance to save your own people. If you ask me, that's heroic in itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"