Akira Live Action Remake Finds Director

animexcel

Sidekick
Reaction score
http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/10291

Sunday, October 28, 2007
One of the greatest post-apocalyptic thrillers ever told was the animated Manga Akira, which saw an announcement wayyyy back in July of 2003 that James Robinson would pen the adaptation with director Steven Norrington. I'm sure this has long passed, but we do have something official that just leaked to us through the grapevine, something that's going to blow your socks off. We've been informed that Warner Bros. Pictures is trying to get Akira off the ground pre-strike and have attached 29-year-old Oscar nominated Irish director Ruairi Robinson! No more details have been revealed other than he directed a mind blowing short film entitled The Silent City, which can be viewed over at BDTV. Watch this spot for more news soon and cross your fingers that this sucker gets rolling ASAP.

Whaddya think?

Akira being adapted?! THat's one of my all time favorite anime! THis is pretty neat!

I have a feeling something will get lost, and it will turn into a CGI explosion and they'll market it like fast and the furious or something. However if this goes thru....I really still wanna see it.

Akira is THE anime that got me into animes, and is still one of my favorite animes of all time. I just hope they don't butcher it.

I wasn't too crazy about Akira but I hope they do a good job.

By the By weren't they making a Battle Angel live action?

They tried this back in the 90s.
It didn't happen then it won't happen now.
It cost to much then, and still does today.

I wasn't too crazy about Akira but I hope they do a good job.

By the By weren't they making a Battle Angel live action?
The director is to busy working on Avatar. After hes done with it. He should start on it next year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"