Aladdin sequel in the works

Even though, as mentioned, there's no script yet, I'm curious if they're just going to make this their live-action Return of Jafar.

No it’s an original idea that isn’t a story from any of the sequels.

This is going to be more exciting than the first film just because it's a new story and won't have to focus on recreating scenes from the animated film. Lets have no Jafar this time please because he sucked.

I don't think they'll use anything from the animated TV show either. It should be interesting if it makes it to production.

Disney doesn't need to take a 4-6 year gap with it, though. Because that didn't work so well for Alice Through the Looking Glass and Maleficent: Mistress of Evil.

Disney gonna Disney.

I don't think they'll use anything from the animated TV show either. It should be interesting if it makes it to production.

Disney doesn't need to take a 4-6 year gap with it, though. Because that didn't work so well for Alice Through the Looking Glass and Maleficent: Mistress of Evil.

Nothing worked about the first movies in those franchises in the first place.

Cool! I hope we see more middle eastern mythology. It would be fun to explore in as sort of a middle eastern lord of the rings

Where will go with this now that Genie is depowered? Thinking of the idea like this makes it interesting.
This is going to be more exciting than the first film just because it's a new story and won't have to focus on recreating scenes from the animated film. Lets have no Jafar this time please because he sucked.
I thought there was some underappreciated charm to the character this time.

Will Smith returning I’m sure is the biggest question mark. He did Bad Boys for Life but turned down the second Suicide Squad and Independence Day.

Will Smith returning I’m sure is the biggest question mark. He did Bad Boys for Life but turned down the second Suicide Squad and Independence Day.
Bad Boys need him, he's one of the two faces of that franchise.

2019 was a rough year for Disney for me. I didn't bother seeing Dumbo, Aladdin was mediocre, The Lion King was a huge disappointment, Toy Story 4 felt like a straight-to-dvd special, and The Rise of Skywalker was horrible. I don't think I'll be rushing back to see another Aladdin movie unless they really make it original--and I don't mean Maleficent 2 original either.

It's his highest grossing film ever.....

They could just do the King of Thieves and call it a day.

Hopefully this sequel won’t be a bore like it’s predecessor.

I think a sequel would really benefit from not doing songs. People said the last one was a bit too much so that’s one thing that could be cut to improve.

I also think it would be interesting to see someone other than Ritchie direct it

2019 was a rough year for Disney for me. I didn't bother seeing Dumbo, Aladdin was mediocre, The Lion King was a huge disappointment, Toy Story 4 felt like a straight-to-dvd special, and The Rise of Skywalker was horrible. I don't think I'll be rushing back to see another Aladdin movie unless they really make it original--and I don't mean Maleficent 2 original either.

You should have saved all the money you've spent for Dumbo.

Disagree on Toy Story 4.

Personally I don't know why so many people disliked the live-action remake. I personally loved it.

It was pretty okay. The songs didn't work at all in context, though, except for the Genie's.

Personally I don't know why so many people disliked the live-action remake. I personally loved it.

It's bad and not funny. Will Smith can't hit the high notes and they had to autotune his voice.

live-action Jafar was awful and bland.

Saw Aladdin last night on Disney+. It was colorful and fun but I think they should have retitled it "Jasmine" since it seemed to be a lot more about her than Aladdin. The actor who played Aladdin simply wasn't interesting or charismatic enough, and it was odd to see an Aladdin with no confidence who seemed to just bumble his way along. Will Smith was very good as Genie but he was trying so hard not to be Robin Williams that I think that limited what he could do with the part. Jafar was simply miscast, he didn't make any impression at all, he didn't have the presence you need for a really good villain.

And I agree that it didn't need the songs. Smith did his best with Friend Like Me but there's no way the audience can forget the original version so he was fighting a losing battle there.

I think what they should have done is just forget about copying the cartoon and made a movie more in line with the original story that didn't have anything to do with the animated version.

Well they got Married at the end in the first film so I'm curious to see what happens next!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"