Rogue One Alan Tudyk is K-2SO in Rogue One

2938123-rogue-one-a-star-wars-story-photos-016-480w.jpg

Wondering if those Pinewood studio shots would reveal if Alan Tudyk was part of the main Rogue landing party, and actually be a character on mission with them,
Scouring the images seemed to reveal everyone except him. so I figured he stays on the ship, or is stationed on Yavin? Or they are just adding him full CG later sans mo-cap.
But who is this?

Alan Tudyk on the set of Pinewood studio in mo-cap suit.

d7cWvAd.jpg

Check his feet, he's on some crazy stilts?
Looks like his alien character will be quite tall and lanky.

YxnR4WM.jpg

Last edited:
Alan Tudyk on His Convention-Centered Web Series and Shooting 'Star Wars' Film 'Rogue One'
Tudyk has many more conventions in his future thanks to his role in the upcoming Star Wars standalone film Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, directed by Gareth Edwards. The prequel (of-sorts) follows rebels on a mission to steal the plans to the Death Star, but the rest of the plot, including Tudyk's role in the film, is being kept under wraps.

Currently in London filming the hotly anticipated movie, Tudyk says that when shoots run long he has trained himself to take a moment and appreciate the set.

"You are amazed at what you can look at, because it is a physical world," he explains. "If there are creatures, then there are creatures; if there are spaceships, then there are spaceships. It's not huge swaths of green hung from the rafters. You have it all there, and if you don't have it there then you go fly some place that does."

Rouge One toy descriptions at toy fair - http://www.toyark.com/showpost.php?p=639987&postcount=49

Star Wars:
Rogue One 6" Black Series were shown.
Main heroine, (likely Felicity Jones)
main antagonist (looks like Admiral Thrawn, but without blue skin. (Likely Ben Mendelson playing an Imperial Grand Admiral)
Black droid (Assuming RO).

If this is being released as a lead in the first wave of figures:
The Black droid might be Alan Tudyk's character rumored to be a mo-cap droid character

Last edited:
More confirmation Alan Tudyk's character might not be an alien but a droid.
http://**************.net/2016/03/r...ew-droid-sidekick-description-quick-sketches/
Some charming fan attempt at concept art there.

http://i0.wp.com/**************.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Rogue-One-Droid-A.jpg?resize=301%2C528
http://i1.wp.com/**************.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Rogue-One-Droid-J.jpg?resize=299%2C399

This is the droid that will be played by Alan Tudyk. I am really jazzed about the the look as it is really solid design work and he’s really rad. He’s kind of the opposite of BB-8. This guy looks scary but also has eyes that from certain angles convey a little bit of sadness and he’s bipedal.

On his shoulder he has the Imperial Cog symbol still, the same one on the TIE Pilot helmet.

Implication he might be an imperial droid, the rebels re-program to assist them in stealing the plans.

Also seems to fit the narrative of Mads Mikkelsen character not being a villain, but an imperial scientist defector, it could be his droid carrying the plans.

Last edited:
MSW has been reporting him playing a droid for a while now. I'm hoping for a little HK-47 style personality.

More confirmation Alan Tudyk's character might not be an alien but a droid.
http://**************.net/2016/03/r...ew-droid-sidekick-description-quick-sketches/
MSW has been reporting him playing a droid for a while now. .
Hence post said more(as in not the first) confirmation , and specifically linked to MSW, where they've been referencing him as a droid.

I'm hoping for a little HK-47 style personality.

I'm guessing if the Mads Mikkelsen character speculation of him being an imperial scientist defector, it could be his droid who is unwittingly carrying the plans , and the Rogues are actually protecting/helping this potentially reluctant droid "escape".

Although from his perspective he's maybe being kidnaped. LOL ;)

Last edited:
123zjz.gif

123zdk.gif

Assume he's carrying the DS plans.

ikBdFz.jpg

Last edited:
From the short glimpses & limited camera angles I've seen, the droid model looks very similar to that of Super Battle Droids last seen on ATOC & ROS.

?
latest

123zjz.gif

Similar, I think he's more lanky and articulated though.

Hopefully he has a friendlier, more expressive face, to somewhat reference Tudyk's great character expressions and personality.

Knowing Tudyk, hopefully they play this character a bit for laughs, stuck between two sides.
If the DS plans are indeed inside him, and the rebels can't get them out until back on their own ship, he'll become an unwitting hostage. Although with the Empire potentially having put the order to destroy him on site!:funny:
The Rebels becoming the ones actually trying to protect him to get him out "alive".
So he doesn't know who to trust.:p

Last edited:
Lol these are only 5 frames where his head is in frame.
The camera is panning down so quick by the time it levels out to a smooth gate, his head is completley out of frame.

vrRftir.gif

mIiDdN1.gif

Doesn't reveal much, but here are those 5 frames repositioned.

Checkout pictures of a Super Battledroid & you'll see what I mean, the arms & torso portion of really looks like them.

123zjz.gif

Oddly enough you almost get a better look at him in the LEGO trailer.
13o2r5.gif

uS0bTod.jpg

tDJBVbn.jpg

E2yB7hT.jpg

Alan Tudyk plays the CGI character K-250, an Enforcer Droid and evidently an imperial

Last edited:
bO1IC8b.jpg
fe0SbYW.jpg

Being that much of the text are placeholders and that images are marked NOT FINAL
Are people reading that as:

K-250 or
K-2SO (as in C-3PO)

Last edited:
bO1IC8b.jpg
fe0SbYW.jpg

ZZ08F2EDA0.jpg

Being that much of the text are placeholders and that images are marked NOT FINAL
Are people reading that as:

K-250 or
K-2SO (as in C-3PO)
Looks like it does follow the more droid familiar K-2SO, as in "Kaytoo" :woot:

EW said:
Alan Tudyk’s motion capture character K-2SO is described as “the antithesis of C-3PO” by Gareth Edwards. “Kaytoo is a little bit like Chewbacca’s personality in a droid’s body,” Edwards says. “He doesn’t give a s— about what you think. He doesn’t fully check himself before he says things and does things. He just speaks the truth.”

"...the antithesis of C-3PO....He doesn’t give a s— about what you think.”

LOL he sounds fun ...any relation to Bender Bending Rodríguez?
Bender_Rodriguez.png

Has some thin legs for such a heavy torso
iKlntIA.jpg

dg4515572999630.jpg

Last edited:
135310015154441000.jpg

Last edited:
I love the design of this. Very simple.

If you want a sneak peek at what we might be getting with Tudyk take a look at I, Robot. He did the mocap/voice work for the robot in that.

Gareth Edwards - “Kaytoo is a little bit like Chewbacca’s personality in a droid’s body,”

JA5gxOT.jpg
+
kizIzlD.jpg
=
s9bW8BF.jpg
:)

If you want a sneak peek at what we might be getting with Tudyk take a look at I, Robot. He did the mocap/voice work for the robot in that.
For an even more out-there performance also check him in 28 days, and some of his voice work too.

I love Tudyk , he does some great character work, he's very expressive, he's got some great shoes to fill like Danials, Mayhew and others before him in "animating" what are otherwise near expressionless facades they were able to "humanize". Hear it's with mo-cap but still working with whats almost a blank exterior.

I look forward to seeing how he brings "Kaytoo Esso" to life! and if he potentially steals this movie.:woot:

Last edited:
Design reminds me a little bit of the Commando Droids from The Clone Wars. Guess mainly the rounded head shape.

So Tudyk pretty much stole the celebration panel. And it looks like his character might do the same in the movie.
The scene where Jyn hands him the pack, and K2 just drops it there was hysterical.

Looks like he was originally an Imperial droid, and was reprogrammed by Cassian who considers him his best friend, which seems hysterical, cause he probably a horrible friend.
Tudyk seemed to describe him as "not quite all there", and speaks his mind that could be unsettling like a crazy old person:funny:

Not sure if anyone has the exact quote? Or a clip of him with the pack?

Edit:got them :woot:

nmtYI2j.gif
:hehe:

Diego Luna: “[the droid] is probably the best friend Cassian has in the rebellion, or the only one.”

Poor Cassian, if this is really his "best" and "only" friend, that is just hysterically tragic. :funny:

I can't wait to see their dynamic.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"