Albums That Are An Experience To Listen To (hard to describe, just read the thread)

c39044xyno9.jpg

Penicillin on Wax by Tim Dog.

I haven't been able to listen to it in so long because my tape popped. :(

dopesmoker-small.jpg

Dopesmoker by Sleep.

Track One: Dopesmoker. 63 minutes.
Track Two: Sonic Titan (live). 10 minutes.

A Pleasent Shade of Gray by Fates Warning. One song on the album but it's an hour long. Amazing lyrics.

238.jpg

Metropolis Part 2: Scenes from a Memory by Dream Theater

dead can dance toward the within
B000002MV0.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Joy division Unknown PLeasures
B000002LGL.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

PLAS said:
Mogwai make great albums
Absolutely. Rock Action is my favourite -- I could listen to "2 Rights Make 1 Wrong" all day, every day.

Addendum said:
238.jpg

Metropolis Part 2: Scenes from a Memory by Dream Theater

Yes. Trips me out every time. Love it.

Also, Cyclefly, Crave and sometimes Warren Zevon, Wind.

Tool: pick pretty much any of their albums but for simplicity Lateralus

Manic Street Preachers: The holy bible

Biffy Clyro: Blackened Sky

Suede: Suede

Duncan Sheik's Phantom Moon,it sends chills up my spine.

The Mars Volta - De-Loused in the Comatorium
The Mars Volta - Frances the Mute
Joanna Newsom - The Milk-Eyed Mender
Smashing Pumpkins - Machina/The Machines of God
Bjork - Medulla
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Californication
Tool - Lateralus
A Perfect Circle - Mer de Noms
Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin IV
Wilco - Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
The Beatles - Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
Johnny Cash - American IV: The Man Comes Around
Jethro Tull - Aqualung
Orgy - Vapor Transmission

KingOfDreams said:
The Mars Volta - De-Loused in the Comatorium
The Mars Volta - Frances the Mute
Joanna Newsom - The Milk-Eyed Mender
Smashing Pumpkins - Machina/The Machines of God
Bjork - Medulla
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Californication
Tool - Lateralus
A Perfect Circle - Mer de Noms
Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin IV
Wilco - Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
The Beatles - Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
Johnny Cash - American IV: The Man Comes Around
Jethro Tull - Aqualung
Orgy - Vapor Transmission

In a word, oh my god, yes. Way to make me remember my childhood.

I've never had this effect from an album before. To me it's just something to sing a long to and tap my foot. Maybe I need different speakers.

Anything by Verve,My Bloody Valentine,Sigur Rós,Slowdive and Spiritualized

9748_b.jpg

DJ Shadow-Entroducing...don't get ahead of yourselves...if you don't know who he is...this album put him on the map...and the Guinness Book of World Records. Its compromised and composed completely of samples...which is a major tool in creating hip hop music...there are no original lyrics here, just the vocals of voices of things he sampled. This album moves me emotionally, its uplifting...maybe even a little depressing...but overall, I get what the author of this thread is saying...this is an album that moves me...its like the Catcher in the Rye of Music...I can listen to it once a year and feel new meaning from it and embrace it as an all time classic. The only way I'll ever part with it...is when I'm dead and gone.

Fanticon said:
9748_b.jpg

DJ Shadow-Entroducing...don't get ahead of yourselves...if you don't know who he is...this album put him on the map...and the guiness book of world records. Its compromised and composed completely of samples...which is a major tool in creating hip hop music...there are no original lyrics here, just the vocals of voices of things he sampled. This album moves me emotionally, its uplifting...maybe even a little depressing...but overall, I get what the author of this thread is saying...this is an album that moves me...its like the Catcher in the Rye of Music...I can listen to it once a year and feel new meaning from it and embrace it as an all time classic that the only way I'll ever part with it is when I'm dead.
Damn good album. It's just amazing.

heres another all instrumental, hip hop and turntablism album that you might know...same response goes for what I said about Entroducing....
B000005E0X.01._AA160_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

DJ Cam-Mad Blunted Jazz

If you don't have this sitting right next to DJ Shadow...trust me...just go order it form Amazon or something...its just as amazing as Entroducing. Hip hop at its finest...no rap here...to all you haters out there...just good beats, and mostly sampled as with Entroducing. Cam is from Switzerland, of the French speaking sort...he uses this in his music...

http://www.amazon.com/Mad-Blunted-Jazz-DJ-Cam/dp/B000005E0X/sr=8-1/qid=1164951271/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/104-0940147-2024761?ie=UTF8&s=music

ummm...I don't know how to shorten that link...but go there and listen to some samples:woot:

stand out tracks include...Underground Vibes, Dieu Reconnaitra, and ofcourse...Return of the Jedi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"