Alice Krige as.....?

Discussion in 'Thor: The Dark World' started by jaqua99, Aug 28, 2012.

1. Majik1387

Majik1387 Well-Known Member

I thought that as well, but I don't see Marvel going that route with that character.

2. jaqua99

jaqua99 ....I need a horse!

:huh:

no not at all lol.

3. Lady Marion

Lady Marion It's all in the swing

I don't think so, she said she will be unrecognizable. Can't imagine this for the Enchantress.

4. elizah72

elizah72 Well-Known Member

Although a "cougar" Enchantress would be FUN! :woot:

5. jaqua99

fixed it for ya :p

6. elizah72

elizah72 Well-Known Member

HEEHHEHEHEHHEHEHEHEE! :oldrazz:

7. jaqua99

seriously though, I am leaning towards here being a dark elf queen more than likely

8. American Maid

American Maid Well-Known Member

Now that I've read most of the Simonson run, I have a few more potential roles for Alice Krige:

Angerboda--this is Hela's mother in myth and on the Marvel Wiki (Loki being Hela's father, as Elizah has pointed out). In #360, Thor uses his father's runes to summon her from the dead to ask her the way to Hel. Krige has said her role would be small, and this is a small role. (http://marvel.wikia.com/Angerboda_%28Earth-616%29)

Wyrd--one of the Norn sisters. The Norn sisters control everyone's fate by cutting off each person's thread in the tapestry at the appointed moment in time. We primarily see them in #348, though there is a small coda in #374. Simonson appears to be the only writer who calls this sister "Wyrd". On the Marvel Wikia, she is called "Urd". (Wikipedia says these two names are cognates, and further, the old English word "wyrd" became the modern English word "weird".) This is also a small role and could potentially be unrecognizable. http://marvel.wikia.com/Norns_(Fates)_(Earth-616)

Personally, I would really love to have an element of fate included in this film. The Vikings believed more strongly than we do in a fixed fate or destiny. That comes through in Simonson's writing, and I think it would be an engaging addition to this film, too.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2013
  9. jaqua99

I've completely given up on guess Alice's role. She could be an mcu hela, she could simply be a dark elf queen, she could be death, Wyrd, Angerboda, god knows

10. jaqua99

Oh, I got a GOOD one. If Surtur is involved, and if this movie is indeed sort of a lead up into a Ragnarok movie, then she could be Fate. Fate would definitally have a real small role.

11. American Maid

Hmm! I didn't realize there was a Fate character separate from the Norn sisters. But I don't have access to #375-382 at the moment.

I don't really know who she will be at this point, either. But it's kind of fun to think of all the roles she *could* be!

12. jaqua99

gah crap I didn't read your entire post to where you said "norn sisters" -_- I didn't know that the fates had names lol

the norn sisters ARE the three fates. I was thinking instead of 3, maybe there could be just one fate. how thor goes to them, and he learns the cycle of ragnarok in volume 2 (not the simonson run)

but yeah, I just said the same thing you did, whoops lol shoulda read your entire post

But it is a good idea, instead of the 3 fates, there could just be one.

13. American Maid

Yeah, I have a hunch that, even though it's a small role, whatever Alice Krige is doing is pivotal. So a fate/norn could fit that bill.

They also could have it that she is the only one who speaks. It's almost like that in Simonson's portrayal.

14. jaqua99

they could. Infact, if it is a lead up to a ragnarok story, then it is very likely that could be her role. We could be onto something here Lisa lol

15. American Maid

In the Simonson run, do they appear again before Thor confronts the World Serpent? (so somewhere in issues 375-382)

16. cherokeesam

cherokeesam SHIELD Director Coulson

I've long suspected that Krige was playing a Norn, or maybe Volla. Some sort of seeress/prophetess who foretells Ragnarok, heals Thor/Jane, does some long-winded exposition to clue viewers in on the metaphysical stuff, acts as a mentor, or generally serves some other "wise old crone" role.

17. American Maid

I remember you had mentioned Volla, but did not know who she was. The Marvel Wikia's entry doesn't say much, either. What do you know about her?

The Wikia's list of Volla appearances suggests she does not appear in the Simonson run (but in a variety of other places, primarily in Volume 1). But that doesn't mean she couldn't appear in this film. All those functions you describe would come in quite handy.

18. American Maid

Some info on Volla: the Marvel character is based on the Norse goddess Fulla. Fulla was an attendant of Frigg, and Frigg confided her secrets in her. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fulla)

So she could be an attendant to Frigga in this version. (But I kind of like the idea of her being a "wise old crone" somewhere away from Asgard City)

19. jaqua99

Gunna bump this. So who do we think she is?

Hela?

20. KRYPTON INC.

KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

Costuming and effects that make look like Hela would make her unrecognizable and it probably would be a smaller part in comparison to the rest of the cast. If she's Hela I wonder if she will be MCU Loki's daughter?

21. jaqua99

I would like that...but I'd bet that probably they would have an "unexplored" relationship. We'd probably know there is something betwen them, but it probably woundn't be addressed. Perhaps she would be her son, I'd like that

22. R_Hythlodeus

R_Hythlodeus Nerd Supreme

I'm my own grandpa...

23. jaqua99

Perhaps she would be his son* :cwink:

24. divan

divan Well-Known Member

When was this confirmed? I can't find anything in Wikipedia or Imdb...

25. jaqua99

when was what confirmed? Krige having a role? Or what her role is?

It hasn't been confirmed, we are just speculating that she is Hela