Alien Appreciation Thread

The Female Torch said:
I try to ignoree the inuendos, I'm not so protective I dont get sex humor, I get it, but I dont laugh. I'm 19, I know what is in this world, stop calling me stupid.

I just choose to watch other things, I hardly watch movies and TV anyway.

But I do love horror films

Is condscention the same as calling one stupid, I always thought there was a slight difference...

The Female Torch said:
I try to ignoree the inuendos, I'm not so protective I dont get sex humor, I get it, but I dont laugh. I'm 19, I know what is in this world, stop calling me stupid.

I just choose to watch other things, I hardly watch movies and TV anyway.

But I do love horror films

And like I said, that's great. I love Westerns. I just don't bother with the morality and worldview of the films. You can still enjoy horror films all you want.

ANTHONYNASTI said:
And I really don't see any sexual symbolism in Alien, other than the possibility that Lambert was raped before the alien killed her.

There's a lot, and it becomes more apparent if you look at the original concept drawings. The exits to the ship look very labia-like, and the aliens are EXTREMELY phallic.

JLBats said:
There's a lot, and it becomes more apparent if you look at the original concept drawings. The exits to the ship look very labia-like, and the aliens are EXTREMELY phallic.

You know, you have a point there.

I guess I just never caught the symbols o.o

Thanks for giving me a heads up y'all

But...I'm guessing those fugly face huggers represent oral sex?

FACIAL RAPE.

Edit: ha, my capslock was accidentally on, but it works better this way

Female Torch, you are somewhat of an enigma to me. You love horror movies, yet, you don't like nudity or bad language which most horror movies have. :confused

Batattack said:
Female Torch, you are somewhat of an enigma to me. You love horror movies, yet, you don't like nudity or bad language which most horror movies have. :confused

I can stand bad language I just dont use it

I dont like seeing people naked or having sex, the movie would be just fine without it.

I like what I like, and dont like what I dont like

what can i say? I am in a class of my own :up:

Rrrrrrrrrrright.

Back on topic:

Who was everyone's favorite marine in Aliens? I can't decide. Hicks, Hudson and Vasquze were the most badass and probably my favorites.

The Female Torch said:
damn read that wrong sorry y'all this is the Alien thread though...
Will you just go watch the friggen' movie.

Batattack said:
Will you just go watch the friggen' movie.

Yeah, seriously. **** nudity and cursing. It's brief, inoffensive and not a big deal.

ANTHONYNASTI said:
Rrrrrrrrrrright.

Back on topic:

Who was everyone's favorite marine in Aliens? I can't decide. Hicks, Hudson and Vasquze were the most badass and probably my favorites.

I hate all futuristic woman marines because I don't believe the characters, there just women with ***** if you'll pardon the expression so they always come off as awkward to me. Dude Sgt. Apone was the coolest one, I'm a sucker for marine leaders, there always so entertaining!

Darren Daring said:
No, Keith David is always so entertaining.

I was damn sure it was Keith David too but I went to IMDB.com and it has an Al Matthews listed as Sgt. Apone, I'm going have to watch Aliens again, it is sitting on my shelf...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"