All Encompassing Travelling, Vacation, Holiday Thread

Erzengel

|-o-| (-o-) |-o-|
Reaction score
I tried looking for some older threads but I'd like to see if I can bring this up to discuss places everyone's been or even just wants to go. I think a lot of us lost two (2) years of traveling because of the pandemic. Last week I just got back from our first international trip to Scotland, which is one of my top 5 places I've wanted to go. We did Edinburgh, Aviemore/Inverness (Lock Ness), Wick/Orkney Islands, Skye and finally Glasgow. Scotland is beautiful, everything's green, loved all the sites we saw. I probably ate more haggis than I ever thought, drank a lot of whiskey and got really into a lot of the old Scottish songs. I'd definitely go back because we saw so much but not everything.

My new Top 5 is:

1. Hawaii
2. Iceland
3. Australia/New Zealand
4. South Africa
5. China/Japan (Disney Parks)

Hawaii was(is) one of my top choices. I was there 2 weeks last year for work but only had 2 days off while there. Adjusting to jet lag the first week and the workload we had, I didn’t truly get to experience it like I wanted. So I’d love to go back. Did get an awesome tattoo the night before we flew out though.

kinda lame to some but I’d love to go see a baseball game at Wrigley Field. I come from a big sports family so I fully appreciate its history. I got to cross off Fenway in 2019. Took a tour but not a game. Wouldn’t mind seeing an actual game there. Or NYY home game for that matter.

Other places I’d love to visit

* Italy.
* sequoia national park
* Grand Canyon

tbc…

We’re off to the beach soon! Can’t wait, dying for some nice weather. Already got new togs and everything. Namor eat your heart out

Hawaii was(is) one of my top choices. I was there 2 weeks last year for work but only had 2 days off while there. Adjusting to jet lag the first week and the workload we had, I didn’t truly get to experience it like I wanted. So I’d love to go back. Did get an awesome tattoo the night before we flew out though.

kinda lame to some but I’d love to go see a baseball game at Wrigley Field. I come from a big sports family so I fully appreciate its history. I got to cross off Fenway in 2019. Took a tour but not a game. Wouldn’t mind seeing an actual game there. Or NYY home game for that matter.
I didn't list it but I want to visit every US State. But I have certain criteria, it can't be a layover or driving through it. It has to be actually doing something or staying the night. I'm only through like 21. I want to see Big Sky in Montana, Zion National Park in Utah, Jim Beam Distillery in Kentucky (I've been to Jameson, Johnnie Walker & Jack Daniels).

Other places I’d love to visit

* Italy.
* sequoia national park
* Grand Canyon

tbc…
Everyone says you have to go to Italy. At first I was like, there are other places, but enough people who've been have recommended it.

I didn't list it but I want to visit every US State. But I have certain criteria, it can't be a layover or driving through it. It has to be actually doing something or staying the night. I'm only through like 21. I want to see Big Sky in Montana, Zion National Park in Utah, Jim Beam Distillery in Kentucky (I've been to Jameson, Johnnie Walker & Jack Daniels).

Everyone says you have to go to Italy. At first I was like, there are other places, but enough people who've been have recommended it.

going to all the states would be pretty rad

Between the pandemic and the state of international politics, I think I will be sticking to road trips in the US and Canada for the forseeable future.

I'd love to go to Antarctica, but I'm definitely not in the mood for a long cruise right now. More realistically, I'd like to go to Newfoundland and St. Pierre. Maybe next year.

Between the pandemic and the state of international politics, I think I will be sticking to road trips in the US and Canada for the forseeable future.

I'd love to go to Antarctica, but I'm definitely not in the mood for a long cruise right now. More realistically, I'd like to go to Newfoundland and St. Pierre. Maybe next year.
You had me curious so I just viewed a Celebrity Cruise in 2024 going to Antarctica. 14 nights leaving out of Buenos Aires. There really all no poor people. The early dinner is already sold out. 98% of the rooms on the floor they were trying to book me on were already taken. $6,240.64 for the cruise with travel insurance. Flights not included and we'd have to leave out of NYC if you wanted a straight flight. So yeah, probably a $10k trip. We better start saving now.

on top of my list is definitely South Africa and Kruger Park in particular

my best friend and my cousin are toying with the idea of going to the Biltmore near Christmas. They both love Christmas, and I never have, but i'm willing to try and get past some of this trauma as i think it'd be a memorable trip and a fun experience

Has anyone here traveled along the central pacific coast? Heading to the Bay Area from LA and my itinerary is looking something like this.

Day 1
[ ] LA - Cerritos Sculpture Garden, LAMAC Urban Lights

Day 2
[ ] Ventura
[ ] Carpinteria
[ ] Goleta Monarch Butterfly
[ ] Driftwood Beach
[ ] Pismo Beach
[ ] San Luis Obispo

Day 3
[ ] Morro Bay
[ ] Green Valley Viewpoint
[ ] Cambria
[ ] San Simeon
[ ] Paso Robles (way back?)
[ ] Monterrey

Day 4
[ ] Winchester
[ ] Pulgas Water Temple
[ ] Berkley
[ ] Sleep in SF Hostel

Day 5
[ ] Golden Gate
[ ] Palace of Arts
[ ] Wave Organ
[ ] Half-moon bay
[ ] Shark Fin Cove
[ ] Santa Cruz
[ ] Santa Cruz/Monterrey?

Day 6
[ ] Cambria
[ ] Big Sur

Day 7
[ ] Big Sur
[ ] Return home/Sleep in Monterrey?

Just got back from my second visit to Iceland. This time in the Summer. It would have only been more perfect, if we had an extra day to visit the active volcano.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"