All Good Things Come to Dunst and Gosling

Hunter Rider

Ronin
Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=41126

Source: Variety
January 22, 2008

Kirsten Dunst ("Spider-Man" films) is in negotiations and Ryan Gosling has signed on to star in the period love story/murder mystery All Good Things for Michael London's Groundswell Productions, reports Variety.

Andrew Jarecki (Capturing the Friedmans) will make his feature directorial debut on the film, which will start shooting in April on the East Coast. Marcus Hinchey, Marc Smerling and Jarecki wrote the screenplay.

Set in the 1980s, the story centers on the scion of a New York real estate dynasty (Gosling) who falls for a beautiful girl from the wrong side of the tracks (Dunst). But the fairy tale ends when the girl disappears. As a down-and-out detective stumbles on info that may lead to the truth, the political stakes get higher and people close to the case end up dead.

Personally i like the sound of this, I dig both Gosling and Kiki and the story seems a good one, though when it said "period" I was expecting corsets and top hats not the 80's. :D

Lol, the 80's. I'm old. :csad:
I could some heat coming off these two or at least Gosling could certainly get it out of Dunst that's for sure. :meow:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=43674

Good Things for Frank Langella
Source: Variety
April 4, 2008

Frank Langella is in final negotiations to join helmer Andrew Jarecki's mystery drama All Good Things. Variety says filming begins this month in New York and Connecticut.

Set in New York, the plot follows a real estate dynasty scion's (Ryan Gosling) affair with a girl (Kirsten Dunst) who goes missing.

The script is by Marcus Hinchey, Marc Smerling and Jarecki, who makes his narrative debut after the critically praised documentary Capturing the Friedmans.

Langella :up: Sounds pretty cool...Is Langella the detective?

^^^ Appears that this guy is.

http://www.latinoreview.com/news/it-s-all-good-for-morgan-4381

It's All Good For Morgan

Date: April 8, 2008

By: Ryan 'The Rican with the Irish name' McLelland
Source: Hollywood Reporter

Another romantic comedy for Jeffrey Dean Morgan. Not that it's a bad thing...I just can't wait to see him in Watchmen. When's March? A year away. Sigh. At least this one has a murder in it!

Jeffrey Dean Morgan has been cast to star opposite Kirsten Dunst and Ryan Gosling in "All Good Things" for Michael London's Groundswell Prods.

The film -- written by Marcus Hinchey, Marc Smerling and Jarecki -- is a love story and murder mystery set against a real estate dynasty in 1980s New York. The plot centers on the scion of the dynasty (Gosling) who falls for a beautiful girl (Dunst) from the wrong side of the tracks, who disappears. Morgan will play a down-and-out detective who tries to uncover the truth.

Production begins this month in Connecticut.

:up: Gosling in The Notebook was soooo hot. :heart::D

You speak truth :)

But is the 80's really that long ago that it's considered period? If so then I have a lot of clothes that are "period" inspired.

Hm..

Post rehab Kirsten Dunst and Ryan Gosling were reportedly getting cozy at trendy NY eatery Freemans on Saturday afternoon.

According to an eyewitness, "They were definitely acting like they were on a date. They lingered there for hours and were both dressed kind of shabby."

well Gosling does like to date his costars...

Good tip, *Do movie with Gosling get date.

Sorry for the Watermark :cmad:

080520ptr_ryangosling_001.jpg

080519PTR_KirstenDunst_013.jpg

jdmsetphotooriginal.jpg

Nice find Donnie. :up: Gosling is looking Bond smooth there.

Yeah....looks like he thinned out from the weight he put on for Lovely Bones. Looks like Dunst is rocking a shiner.

That's an odd haircut Gosling has in this one.

I'm glad that Kristen is back. People may hate on her, but I still want her to have a healthy career. Same goes to Mr. Gosling.

I'm glad that Kristen is back. People may hate on her, but I still want her to have a healthy career. Same goes to Mr. Gosling.

Yeah, same here. I don't have a problem with her at all. I actually really like her as an actress.

I think this one is promising and Gosling and Dunst will make a good pairing.

all these period pieces a-go-go...where's my Rocketeer sequel?

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=69088

Magnolia Pictures to Release All Good Things

Source: Magnolia Pictures
August 24, 2010

allgoodthingsmovie.jpg

The Wagner/Cuban Companies' Magnolia Pictures has acquired U.S. rights to Andrew Jarecki's All Good Things and is planning a December theatrical release, announced Magnolia President Eamonn Bowles today.

Inspired by the most notorious missing person's case in New York history, All Good Things is a love story and murder mystery set against the backdrop of a New York real estate dynasty in the 1980s. The drama portrayed in Jarecki's film was inspired by the story of Robert Durst, scion of the wealthy Durst family. Mr. Durst was suspected but never tried for killing his wife Kathie who disappeared in 1982 and was never found. The original script was developed by Jarecki, Marc Smerling, and Marcus Hinchey and written by Smerling and Hinchey.

"In constructing the film, we used some of the extraordinary elements of the Durst case as the skeleton and inspiration for a drama about love, family, and obsession," says Jarecki. "Because it is impossible to know exactly what happened, we have not tried to replicate the history of the case, but to capture the emotion and complexity of this unsolved mystery that has for years been kept hidden from public view."

The film stars Ryan Gosling and Kirsten Dunst and Frank Langella as the powerful patriarch. The film is directed and produced by Andrew Jarecki, (Academy Award-nominated Capturing the Friedmans, upcoming Universal/Rogue release Catfish), and produced by Marc Smerling (Capturing the Friedmans, Catfish). It was also produced by Michael London, and Bruna Papandrea and financed by London's Groundswell Productions. The Weinstein Company is handling foreign sales of the film.

"Our collaboration with Magnolia on Friedmans was a groundbreaking and wonderful experience and I couldn't be happier that they are as passionate about 'All Good Things' as we are," said Jarecki.

"With 'All Good Things,' Andrew Jarecki has made the jump to features with the same accomplished, complex and fascinating filmmaking that he demonstrated with 'Capturing the Friedmans,'" said Magnolia President Eamonn Bowles. "He has gotten amazing performances out of the entire ensemble and delivered a powerful motion picture."

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"