All Star Batman Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motown Marvel said:
dude....frank miller....im sold. i cant wait for this. and there damn well better be a GA cameo...that'd be so sweet.

Miller has said that Canary will be in it...so GA wont be far behind....

Miller has put an emphasis on how many DC superheroines are appearing...and with Jim Lee drawing em', i dont really mind...

Lee has said Batman will look younger obviously. Wonder what that's gonna be like...

Actually this is probably the comic I'm looking forward to most in recent years. All-Star Superman I'm psyched for but that's a way's off...

Methinks we're in for a treat with this one. I'm just sad that we won't get a new one every month. :( And why do they only use the pencils in the solicit pics? I think that's really annoying.

This is the Comic I'm most Excited about! I mean Lee & Millar...there IS a God! And the positive about it being set in the past...Millar won't screw with the Character's, like He did in "The Darknight Strikes Again". Millar & Lee, said They would retell....but wouldn't change History...unlike Marvel's ULTIMATE Line.

I am really looking forward to this. The Classic Dynamic Duo Returns!

The Ceb-Man!

I'm just wondering if theirs anyway to buy this series so every issue can be mailed to my place? Ive only recently started to buy DC comics so I have no idea how their subscriptions work. Also is there anyway to do it online with CC?

Viller said:
I'm just wondering if theirs anyway to buy this series so every issue can be mailed to my place? Ive only recently started to buy DC comics so I have no idea how their subscriptions work. Also is there anyway to do it online with CC?
I got my subscriptions from dccomics.com.

I cant wait for it. I might even buy 6 issues (3 of each cover). The only thing i might not like is how the Jokers Drawin. Did anybody Lee's sketch in the wizard book? It didnt look that cool 2 me.

Comic Book Boy said:
I got my subscriptions from dccomics.com.
Cool I was thinking of doing that, but do they come in crapy condition?
Like bent or scratched covers?

I'm looking forward to this run a lot. No extra sidekicks, no bogged down continuity. Back to basics. The original three: Batman, Robin, and Alfred.

Exactly, Sage.

And dont forget the chick factor: Wonder Woman, Black Canary, Vicki Vale...possibly Catwoman.....

as well as Julie Madison and Silver St. Cloud (I know she's in Dark Detective but still). I'm interested to seeing how Vicki Vale will be portrayed. I've never seen anything with her outside of B89. Should be great. I'm not the biggest Miller fan around, not a fan of DKR but I liked Year One, when he wrote Batman as the hero as he should be. I'm sure he'll do the same here.

Anyone know if this series is just Miller and Lee's run, or will there be others who will jump on?

The Batman said:
Lee's not using that design.

Good!! Jim is My favorite Artist...but I really hated His version of the Joker in the "HUSH" storyline...He looked a Character from those old Claymation show's!

I prefer the Neal Adams style JOKER....more traditional.:joker:

sage1047 said:
as well as Julie Madison and Silver St. Cloud (I know she's in Dark Detective but still). I'm interested to seeing how Vicki Vale will be portrayed. I've never seen anything with her outside of B89. Should be great. I'm not the biggest Miller fan around, not a fan of DKR but I liked Year One, when he wrote Batman as the hero as he should be. I'm sure he'll do the same here.

Anyone know if this series is just Miller and Lee's run, or will there be others who will jump on?

It's ongoing. Other teams will do arcs, probably....

I doubt we'll see Silver in miller's arc, but madison possibly, since he's basing this on old school batman.

The Batman said:
It's ongoing. Other teams will do arcs, probably....

I doubt we'll see Silver in miller's arc, but madison possibly, since he's basing this on old school batman.

Great.

Amazing how the old school material is influencing modern day stories. Miller's using old school stories and designs for his run, Nolan & Goyer using O'Neil's material for BB (first half of the movie was basically Dennis O'Neil's The Man Who Falls). They need to keep doing more of that. :up:

I agree. I dont know for sure, but miller's story seems like it'll take place over a few years....

sage1047 said:
I'm looking forward to this run a lot. No extra sidekicks, no bogged down continuity. Back to basics. The original three: Batman, Robin, and Alfred.

Agreed. I love how Winick's doing the same thing in BATMAN. It's the only Bays comic I pick up right now. Back to basics is the way to go.

Well, my question is this..........is ALL STAR all pre-crisis?

Or is ALL STAR still in this continuity...........only more like "Untold stories"?

All-Star is totally separate from the regular continuity. Basically, it's whatever Miller and Morrison want to make of it. Like Ultimate Marvel, except for DC.

Hmmmm............interesting, I got this from Buzzscope.com:

At Sunday’s “Year of the Bat” panel, when a fan asked the hypothetical, “Who would take Batman’s place if he were to drop dead tomorrow?”, a smirking DiDio replied, “We’ll see that dealt with in Infinite Crisis.” In other Batman news, he assured fans that Gotham Central was a key part of DC and one of their favorite books, saying, “It’s going to be with us for a while;” said that Frank Miller considers his upcoming All Star Batman and Robin the Boy Wonder as his “unofficial Year Two,” and that it would focus specifically on his relationship with Dick Grayson/Robin; and mentioned that Bart Sears, recently signed to a 2-year exclusive contract, would be doing a double-sized story for Legends of the Dark Knight’s 200th issue.

GHollywood said:
I cant wait for it. I might even buy 6 issues (3 of each cover). The only thing i might not like is how the Jokers Drawin. Did anybody Lee's sketch in the wizard book? It didnt look that cool 2 me.

Cool I was thinking of doing that, but do they come in crapy condition?
Like bent or scratched covers?
Nope. They come in mint condition:) I once got mine with a cover ripped though...(just once)...

It's weird though because didn't Miller say he hates Robin? Why would he make him the center character? I guess this will be unlike any previous Miller work...(not as dark)...But it should be great because he is an excellent story-teller.:batman::up:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"