All Star Batman Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Comic Book Boy said:
It's weird though because didn't Miller say he hates Robin? Why would he make him the center character? I guess this will be unlike any previous Miller work...(not as dark)...But it should be great because he is an excellent story-teller.:batman::up:
Miller said once
That as a young fan, he used to hate Robin. but he later came to appreciate him more as seen in DKR.

Comic Book Boy said:
Nope. They come in mint condition:) I once got mine with a cover ripped though...(just once)...

is All Star available for subscription though? I cant seem to find where to order it on the website...

Viller said:
is All Star available for subscription though? I cant seem to find where to order it on the website...
Not from the site yet (sorry I forgot) you have to call DC.

For anyone who lives in the UK, I believe All Star is available for subscription at Forbidden Planet:

http://www.forbidden-planet.co.uk/

http://www.forbidden-planet.co.uk/acatalog/All_Star_Batman_And_Robin__The_Boy_Wonder__1.html

I am really looking forward to the All Star series, especially considering the rumour that they may retire Bruce Wayne in the current continuity. I am a huge fan of all Miller's work (except DKSA, but I forgive him) so i can't wait to see him take Batman back to his roots!

The Batman said:
Some Info on the Book:

*Robin will be the main focus of the first arc. It's Year Two...

I was so hoping that this would be a Batman title, not a Robin title. I enjoy his character, I really do, but not as much as Batman. This is so disappointing...

:batman:

The Batman! said:
I was so hoping that this would be a Batman title, not a Robin title. I enjoy his character, I really do, but not as much as Batman. This is so disappointing...

I'm no fan of Robin either but with Miller writing it's sure to be good. I've been very encouraged by Miller's comments concerning how it'll show Batman as seen through the eyes of a young Grayson, and this is when he's really starting to come into power. If anything, that'll make Batman all the more exciting and better.

Who said this was a Robin title?

Batman's still one of the focal points.

Miller alone is gonna make me pass. I love Dick Grayson's character and what Miller did to him in DKSA is unforgivable. I love Lee's art, but no way am I gonna watch its beauty ruin Dick again.

Stryker said:
Miller said once
That as a young fan, he used to hate Robin. but he later came to appreciate him more as seen in DKR.

Ah, my mistake.

The Batman said:

Correct. Robin is just bigger in the FIRST arc.

jaydawg said:
Miller alone is gonna make me pass. I love Dick Grayson's character and what Miller did to him in DKSA is unforgivable. I love Lee's art, but no way am I gonna watch its beauty ruin Dick again.
Meh....at least it was unique :p Miller's good FAR outweighs his bad. (DKSA)

As far as I'm concerned, Miller's good is limited exclusively to Year One.

jaydawg said:
I see you have a real love for Dick, heh?

This isn't being listed as shipping on July 13 on Diamond's Shipping list. Has this been delayed?

The Batman said:

No one said that it was a Robin title, but you did point out that Robin is the focal point for the first arc, and MJZ reports that this will be shown through Robin's eyes.

To me, that makes it sound like a Robin book...

I don't see this as a Robin book at all, the first arc is about him but I still see Batman as a huge focal point in this title.

The Leaguer said:
As far as I'm concerned, Miller's good is limited exclusively to Year One.
I'm with you. While I love Sin City, his Daredevil work and Year One, I just can't stand DKR and DKSA. To me those stories just aren't Batman and any writer can force a character to fit his or her world. Ron Marz could write a cool Batman in space arc but I wouldn't buy into that either. As for this title, I'll read the first arc because Miller is a master story-teller but if the characters aren't in character I'll drop it.

EricM said:
This isn't being listed as shipping on July 13 on Diamond's Shipping list. Has this been delayed?

Oh man I hope it's not delayed...I was hoping to pick it up on the 13th and maybe get it signed by Lee at San Diego Comic Con :(.

I hope we get a decent, well written Joker this time around.

And let's hope that Alfred doesn't show Vicky the cool cave under Wayne Manor.

Here are some sketches I found at Art of Jim Lee...

blackcanary6em.jpg

jlallstartbatmanrobinpg5au.jpg

jlallstarbatmanrobin1ex.jpg

Is it goint to be set in the 1940's or in present day?

The new wizard with alba on the cover has an article on the book and its shaping up quite nicely. They actually did there review thing of it in the comic section where they tell you about the new releases for the month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"