BvS All Things Batman v Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - Part 185

Status
Not open for further replies.
So did Bats actually break that guys neck in the trailer?

Yes. And i have no problem with it. It´s very unlikely that anyone would do what Batman does without having to kill people from time to time. A Batman who kills makes more sense than a Batman who doesn´t. As long as killing isn´t his first choice, i´m totally fine with it.

Remember this?

Man Of Steel 2 Teaser Trailer - Ben Affleck / Bryan Cranston (FAN MADE):
[YT]U4U4he3GgC4[/YT]

That was posted on 26th Aug 2013.

I think so, but maybe he has him in headlock and just let go.
p7OFQna.png

cuAY8WF.png

93HCV2L.png

it could be a dream/nightmare sequence, or maybe this batman is like the golden age batman: he's not a mass murderer, but he can kill if he have to.

He certainly looks desperate in this scene.

That is def Clark saying "the bat vigilante" line. Also that quick shot of the soldiers shooting people with their guns seems to be those "superman" soldiers shooting people with black paint around their eyes. They're also wearing outfits that could be that of those riders on the horses. On my phone though won't be able to get a screenshot of it nicely until later.

Speculating on plot points is not the same as your unfounded assumption/criticism on why a certain scene, that you dont like, was included in the film

Whoa there hoss. Who said I didn't like the scene? Who's assuming now? lol WOW, touchy fellow here I see. My goodness. This dude just said something he knows nothing about is unfounded. lol The Internet. Got to love it!

that is Tor-An that is not Batfleck :D

Tor-An_Man_of_Steel_001.jpg

btw acording to IMDB he is Affleck's double :)

Grats, you people managed to kill thread manager. :hehe:

(the thread in the BvS broke thread manager, it actually made it create 2 new threads at the same time labeled Part 48 because it was having trouble keeping up with the traffic)...

What i´m getting from this is that David Goyer wasn´t really that involved in the final script.

early on im sure he was involved but hes working on a bunch of random tv shows. Im guessing affleck's guy is prolly gonna be more hands on with the dc universe going forward.

It's a glimpse of a ossible future but it's not Batman or Superman that sees it, I suspect. In fact I think that area is the Wayne estate, devastate by calamity as are other parts of the world in that timeline.

Yes. And i have no problem with it. It´s very unlikely that anyone would do what Batman does without having to kill people from time to time. A Batman who kills makes more sense than a Batman who doesn´t. As long as killing isn´t his first choice, i´m totally fine with it.

NO to Batman killing.

I just see Snyder opting for a really kickass Doomsday visual over a bizarro Superman III scenario.

I can kind of see Superman and Doomsday KO'ing each other as a bold way to go, and a way for Superman to truly redeem himself in the DCCU in the universe and maybe amongst film-goers as well. (It's amazing how often it comes up on general comment threads outside the Hype how Superman was such a menace and a destructive force in MOS... Just unreal)

Then perhaps for him to reappear 2nd act of Justice League?

If that happens, then im officially dropping the dc universe for good.

Ain't no way I'm supporting it if they can't handle superman's character properly and killing him off, even if temporary, is just ****ing stupid imho

Kane, Sugah Pie Honey Cookie Muffin Pumpkin something equally sweet. Can you make the GIF I've described a few threads ago? It was a montage of the Trinity fighting from the trailer that I can use as my avvy. :)

And for you shippers out there (Sawyer):

it could be a dream/nightmare sequence, or maybe this batman is like the golden age batman: he's not a mass murderer, but he can kill if he have to.

He certainly looks desperate in this scene.

It should be obvious that it's a dream/nightmare sequence. We've seen the soldiers with the Superman symbol kneeling as Superman walks down that desert bunker hallway with an "evil" face, and we've also seen Batman in the same setting being enveloped by the Superman soldiers.

We know Superman won't have actual soldiers working for him or bowing to him, and the setting seems to almost be a post-apocalyptic, Mad Max-esque wasteland. The logical conclusion is that it's a dream/vision Bruce is having of a world ruled by Superman, something he desperately does not want to happen.

^ I just think that if Batman kills, he'll have no motivation to keep Joker or other dangerous rogues alive during his solo movie. I'm okay with the idea of wanting to kill Superman as that guy has near infinite power and cannot be imprisoned, though I hope Batman reformes at the end of the movie.

If that happens, then im officially dropping the dc universe for good.

Ain't no way I'm supporting it if they can't handle superman's character properly and killing him off, even if temporary, is just ****ing stupid imho

I agree, not only is it stupid (the people will trust Superman because this time he dies in the super fight instead of wins?) but it would prove the doubters right that DC has no faith in Cav-El. It would have been like killing Iron Man at the end of Incredible Hulk as a lead in to the Avengers...

Superman started this universe, it needs to grow around him not without him. Killing him makes him worthless and makes death meaningless since he will be coming back in Justice League anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"