BvS All Things Batman v Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 236

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am extremely excited to see how this all shakes out. Some of the criticism this is getting is just ridiculous. Especially considering that not only are there multiple examples of similar encounters between the two characters across mediums no less, but also the trailers themselves spell out the two characters motivations and positions. Yet people are acting like Superman just has a problem with Batman being a vigilante. There's more to it than that.

For all the expert analysis and criticism. Man of Steel receives from it's fervent detractors, it seems like many of you weren't paying attention during the movie. Clark grows up different and somewhat afraid of his abilities but more importantly he grows up bullied and develops a bit of a temper. So much so that he becomes a vagrant moving from town to town avoiding connections attempting to remain under the radar and to keep his emotions in check. However he usually has to move on as he simply cannot stop intervening and being a hero, due to his innate goodness. Most importantly though is that Clark really doesn't like Bullies at all. It seems pretty likely that he views Batman as the wrong kind of hero, probably misguided, definitely dangerous and also a bully. Doesn't matter whether he beats the innocent or the criminal. Remember that Superman chose humanity over his own people because he could not condone their moral code or their actions. He made a choice to be humanities light their beacon because of that it is not too much of a leap to make that he sees Batman similarly to how he saw Zod. Misguided, brutal and dangerous.

Add this to the current state of things where he is seemingly being protested against possibly even put on trial for his actions by the very people he spurned his own people for. He seems conflicted on his feelings for humanity. Remember his Mother telling him to be their Angel be their monument or be none of it you don't owe them anything, you never did. There is clearly a lot going on in this film, a lot of subtext and a lot of weighty dramatic stuff, in addition to the beginning of the fledgling Justice League....wow can it be March already please.

^^^ Excellent post.

I don't think they have to let us know what Lombard is up to. He's a sports reporter anyway. So unless he's covering the Olympics him being over seas is unlikely. Besides, we're getting Batman and Alfred and Lex and Mercy. Seems more than a fair trade.

I wonder if Batman's first confrontation with Superman (as shown in the clip) is before or after his "Knightmare Vision".

InJustice said:
I can't believe they went from "Do you Bleed" being a badass line to making it ridiculous.
Just to go back to this real quick, I actually go the opposite route with this line when thinking about it some more.

I think from the first trailer and the context used with it there and it being a threat from armored Batman directly to Superman before they fight comes off as slightly cheesy and silly to me.

When hearing it in it's proper context of him threatening Superman after trashing his Batmobile and claiming his time as Batman is done it's much better in my opinion and pretty amazing to see. I'm still rewatching it on a loop :funny:.

I love that he was looking at his Batmobile before he said it too, he seems absolutely livid in that moment.

Last edited:
If anyone's wondering where Steve Lombard is while watching this film, something's wrong, lol.

I forget but is the actress that played Jenny also coming back?

Jenny is a interim so who know she got offer a full time job and the actress not returning....

If anyone's wondering where Steve Lombard is while watching this film, something's wrong, lol.

"Hmm. This movie is missing something and I just can't put my finger on it. Oh wait, I've got it! This movie needs more Lombard! That'll do the trick!"

The guy with just a cameo?
I'd ask about Jenny, or the guy who told the media Lois knew about the alien, before thinking of Steve.

I reckon Lombard will be back for MOS2. Hope he is tbh, Jenny too.

Jenny is a interim so who know she got offer a full time job and the actress not returning....

Yeah, Jenny, you see got this new guy coming in. He kinda looks like Superman but with glasses. So I'm gonna need you to go ahead and move your stuff to the basement.
Bill-Lumberg-Uh-Yeah-Office-Space.gif

Oh, also while you're down there, don't bother coming up for the sequel. We've been having a bit of a building cast issue, and we're gonna need to play catch up. Thanks a bunch...

Arrowshieldfan what's going on with all these deleted posts?

I had a really weird Batman v Superman dream last night, in it the league was already formed but Superman and Batman had fallen out because Batman hadn't invited Superman to the coast with the rest of the JL. Superman was so pissed he kept calling Bruce Batman in public and that's why they fought :funny:

Weirdly I remember in the dream thinking this is the movie? What the hell happened haha.

I had a really weird Batman v Superman dream last night, in it the league was already formed but Superman and Batman had fallen out because Batman hadn't invited Superman to the coast with the rest of the JL. Superman was so pissed he kept calling Bruce Batman in public and that's why they fought :funny:

Weirdly I remember in the dream thinking this is the movie? What the hell happened haha.

I saw Jurassic Park 4 dream years ago. Some dinosaurs were able to speak & communicate with humans and they were used as military weapons etc.

I remember being so pissed off in my dream, thinking how they ruined JP. Then i woke up and laughed at it how stupid it was.

Years later i heard there were rumors about humanoid dinosaurs for JP4... hell, even in Jurassic World had over the top human like dino moments and military might be involved later on series.

So never say never. If they ran out of ideas, anything can happen :oldrazz:

:funny:
Batman is the superior hero in this world.

This is hilarious, haha.

Haha it wasn't during the dream but was this morning :woot:

I saw Jurassic Park 4 dream years ago. Some dinosaurs were able to speak & communicate with humans and they were used as military weapons etc.

I remember being so pissed off in my dream, thinking how they ruined JP. Then i woke up and laughed at it how stupid it was.

Years later i heard there were rumors about humanoid dinosaurs for JP4... hell, even in Jurassic World had over the top human like dino moments and military might be involved later on series.

So never say never. If they ran out of ideas, anything can happen :oldrazz:

Haha that's true and that dream of yours sounds funny :woot:

I once had a dream the third Nolan Batman was all set in a house and Bruce fought without the mask all the way through. I remember been pissed off during that one aswell :funny:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"