BvS All Things Batman v Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 237

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the description is true... no Batman.

Which is good. I don't want all of his appearance spoiled.

Yeah, they can market the fact that he has a small role in the film to attract audiences, but show as little footage of him as possible.

c0d.gif

Superman could of used repair-o-vision after the destruction in the metropolis battle:o
Just like Silver Surfer's POWER COSMIC, but comes out of his eyes instead of his hand.
Superman III is the only sequel with no strangely added new powers in that film series.

Just like Silver Surfer's POWER COSMIC, but comes out of his eyes instead of his hand.
Superman III is the only sequel with no strangely added new powers in that film series.

The Donner/Lester Superman might as well have been a low-level reality warper.

If the description is true... no Batman.

Which is good. I don't want all of his appearance spoiled.

I agree, seeing him on top of the car in the comic con trailer is all that I need to see between now and the films release.

He was actually supposedly to rebuild the wall at super speed but when the budget was cut that sequence happened as it did. Infact if you read the Superman IV comic then you can see how a lot of stuff was supposed to be. It's quite funny because it actually made for a decent comic.

Superman_IV_Comic_Adaptation_English_43.jpg

Does the comic explain nuclear man's nails?

Does Lex have a secret nail salon?

He was actually supposedly to rebuild the wall at super speed but when the budget was cut that sequence happened as it did. Infact if you read the Superman IV comic then you can see how a lot of stuff was supposed to be. It's quite funny because it actually made for a decent comic.

Superman IV's production was like a nightmare from Hell. I feel bad for all of the actors that was involved in that process. I can't believe that anyone from the studios believed that they could make a decent looking Superman film with just like 15 Million Dollars at that time (reportedly).

I wonder if Superman IV could have been salvaged had they been given a proper budget and had a legit comic book expert to consult with when it came to picking out the villains and staying true to the portrayal of Superman's powers?

Does the comic explain nuclear man's nails?

Does Lex have a secret nail salon?

No and no but now I wish it did :funny:

Superman IV's production was like a nightmare from Hell. I feel bad for all of the actors that was involved in that process. I can't believe that anyone from the studios believed that they could make a decent looking Superman film with just like 15 Million Dollars at that time (reportedly).

I wonder if Superman IV could have been salvaged had they been given a proper budget and had a legit comic book expert to consult with when it came to picking out the villains and staying true to the portrayal of Superman's powers?

The whole process was just incredible, I mean slashing the budget was bad enough but to then order the film to be recut into a shorter version was really stupid. I still say fix the Fx and you solve a lot of the films problems. Still certain things would be there with the script and location issues. What I don't get is when they cut the budget why they didn't just rework the script. They obviously would have had to make a much smaller scale film but at least it could have looked good.

I do think the film has some redeeming qualities though, Christopher Reeve was very good again (even though he didn't bother to bulk up this time) and his Clark in this one was quite close to te Clark that Byrne was doing in the comics at the time.

I hope they one day release the extended versions of Superman III and IV there were rumblings of WBs doing it in the same way they did the Superboy seasons.

Last edited:
No, he's not. Aquaman doesn't get stronger underwater, ala Namor. Even so, Superman is still far stronger than Arthur.

Depends on how they do it....he may not get stronger underwater...but what if he's deprived of water?

(Like dropped in a Desert?).

I do agree, strength wise, Kal is ahead of Arthur. But, Arthur has other powers to compensate.

Depends on how they do it....he may not get stronger underwater...but what if he's deprived of water?

(Like dropped in a Desert?).

I do agree, strength wise, Kal is ahead of Arthur. But, Arthur has other powers to compensate.

Aquaman's physiology must be such that he does not suffer from the crushing pressures of the deep ocean, or the intense cold. He must also have excellent vision in zero light. His strength too must be enhanced - but I agree, it should not be to the levels of Superman.
It'll be interesting to see if his trident will have the properties shown in the animated movie.

Last edited:
I hope so... All we know is that we are getting a new SS trailer. Nothing BvS mentioned and that worries me slightly.

Where did you read that? BvS is the main course plus the fact that the SS trailer is only going to be around 2+ mins. BvS will take up 15-20 mins

The pre order sales should be a good barometer on how the GA sees this movie, correct? Similar to TFA

Rumors are that pre ticket sales start tomorrow on the 19th.

The pre order sales should be a good barometer on how the GA sees this movie, correct? Similar to TFA

It's a good indicator of how much fandom the movie has, not necessarily how many people are planning on seeing the film.

Lots of average folks say "wow that looks good, I'm gonna go see that on release day" and buy thier ticket at the window. A majority of the GA will do this.
No one is 'scared' or 'afraid' that this movies gonna be so big that they have to get thier tickets NOW to insure a seat.

I Just hope no one gets upset when they see the presale #s aren't that high.
And if they are...then that's very exciting.

It's a good indicator of how much fandom the movie has, not necessarily how many people are planning on seeing the film.

Lots of average folks say "wow that looks good, I'm gonna go see that on release day" and buy thier ticket at the window. A majority of the GA will do this.
No one is 'scared' or 'afraid' that this movies gonna be so big that they have to get thier tickets NOW to insure a seat.

I Just hope no one gets upset when they see the presale #s aren't that high.
And if they are...then that's very exciting.

Well we won't know this until the pre sales come out.

I've never bought movie tickets during pre-sales.

The Donner/Lester Superman might as well have been a low-level reality warper.
LOL.
Maybe they'd save that plot for Superman V: He Didn't Leave to Need to Return

Movie based comic books generally bore me, so I won't try this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"