BvS All Things Batman v Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 239

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys are just creating drama where none exists. If it ain't DC vs. Marvel or BvS vs. SS, then it's DCEU vs DCTV. It's silly as hell.

Pretty much what's happening here right now unfortunately...

Oh, there's hate, but it exists between certain batcrap segments of the DCTV and DCEU fanbases. That's it.

Crisis on Infinite Earths is still possible...

You know what I've always wanted? This panel from 2006's Infinite Crisis --

IC-037.jpg

I'd love to see something like that in live action. If they eve do a DC movie involving time travel/alternate universes, say Cav-El's Superman screams, and you see the faint image of Christopher Reeve's, George Reeves, hell even Dean Cain and a CG Electric Superman etc behind him for a few fleeting seconds. If the whole JL's there, you can even do it with Batman etc.

It's fan service-y as hell, sure. But I'd get a kick out of it.

Fan service gets big dollars. I'd be squealing like a little girl if a Crisis sequence happened on the big screen.

First this site has a habit of telling me I'm not logged in and it gets really annoying because I have to retype all my comments, so my comments are going to be consistently edited so I don't lose everything when the site randomly logs me out again.

Now to the person saying arrow butchered Ra's clearly you're not a Ra's fan nnaturally you claim you are but anyone who says this doesn't know as much about Ra's as they think. Arrow Ra's is the closest adaptation of almost any DC villain barring none. Don't believe me here's the run down of all the qualities of Ra's.

Leader of league of assassins check
Uses the Lazarus pits to keep himself alive check.
Has lived a very long and knowledgeable life check
Believes in a specific code of honor and justice check
Possesses a strong respect for the main hero and at times has a master student relationship with him check
A master swordsmen check
Wants the hero to take his place and become his heir check
Has a mostly positive relationship with his daughter who respects him similar to Talia.
Their relationship turns sour with Ra's cheating her out of her birthright and her wanting nothing more than to kill him.
Is mostly polite well spoken and civilized
Has the hero married to his daughter
And attempts to use a virus to destroy a city for the perceived greater good, Oliver's transformation.
Is willing to die to force his hair's hand, death and the maidens says hi.

This is the most accurate Ra's ever, the only thing missing it's not batman. He's also far more accomplished Ra's offer in the comics has gone nowhere, he's never come anywhere close to forcing batman's hand nor has he done any damage. Arrow Ra's nearly destroyed Oliver's resolve outed his identity, destroyed the arrow persona, turned Oliver against his friends, killed Thea which forced Oliver to accept his offer. Comic Ra's has never had anywhere near this impact, he also bested and pretty much killed Oliver, then at the end of season bested him again. He countered everything Oliver threw at him physically and mentally. Comic Ra's has never bested batman fair and square in a fight Arrow Ra's bested Oliver every time.

Could you imagine if this was a batman story if what happened to Oliver happened to Bruce can anyone say game changing? Arrow Ra's is a superior villain to his comic counterpart in everyway and and has achieved victories against his enemy his comic counterpart can only dreams of. So tell me how exactly did Arrow butcher Ra's besides the fact that it was Oliver not Bruce, can you even answer this?

Last edited:
My speculations on the villains for the Justice league movies. I don't think Crisis will ever happen.

JL - Brainiac
JL 2 - Legion of Doom
JL 3 - Darkseid

I am not sure why some folks care so much about comic accuracy..sure, it's nice to see on screen.

But, it's not necessary in anyway.

Some of DC's best stories are else worlds, where the creators were allowed to reinterpret the characters, and DC has had a habit of allowing that through other media (be it, Bruce Timm's animated universe, or the current DCTV).

Heck, they are doing it with DCEU (Snyder's different take on Superman for instance).

My speculations on the villains for the Justice league movies. I don't think Crisis will ever happen.

JL - Brainiac
JL 2 - Legion of Doom
JL 3 - Darkseid

Wouldn't surprise me if they use Brainiac to introduce the GLC in JL1 or JL2.

Give me a Legion of Doom with a Lex/Brainiac combo, Black Manta, Riddler, Sinestro, Cheetah, and some random Flash villain, and I'll drool.

JL - Brainiac
JL 2 - Legion of Doom
JL 3 - Darkseid

If the rumours are to be believed, Darkseid's coming in JL2. Wait and see, I suppose...

As for a Crisis... I don't know. They're a big part of DC's mythology, there's countless past iterations and an active TV universe... And ten years ago, we thought it would be too difficult to ever get a true shared universe on-screen, yet alone both Marvel and DC.

It could happen one day.

You guys are just creating drama where none exists. If it ain't DC vs. Marvel or BvS vs. SS, then it's DCEU vs DCTV. It's silly as hell.

Hey! Those Marvel sons of b****es bought the WAR TO US!

And now we have to destroy them!

Wouldn't surprise me if they use Brainiac to introduce the GLC in JL1 or JL2.

Give me a Legion of Doom with a Lex/Brainiac combo, Black Manta, Riddler, Sinestro, Cheetah, and some random Flash villain, and I'll drool.
It's something new as well. A team of good guys vs a team of evil guys. We haven't seen this done well since First Class. DC has such a rich rogue gallery that they can afford to do this.

If the rumours are to be believed, Darkseid's coming in JL2. Wait and see, I suppose...

As for a Crisis... I don't know. They're a big part of DC's mythology, there's countless past iterations and an active TV universe... And ten years ago, we thought it would be too difficult to ever get a true shared universe on-screen, yet alone both Marvel and DC.

It could happen one day.

Crisis would also be a way to recast actors and refresh continuity while not having to temporarily discontinue a successful franchise. At some point even Marvel's going to have to deal with this.

I know I'm getting my hopes up, but that 'S' on Kal's chest inspires me.

It's something new as well. A team of good guys vs a team of evil guys. We haven't seen this done well since First Class. DC has such a rich rogue gallery that they can afford to do this.

I completely agree.

Crisis would also be a way to recast actors and refresh continuity while not having to temporarily discontinue a successful franchise. At some point even Marvel's going to have to deal with this.

I know I'm getting my hopes up, but that 'S' on Kal's chest inspires me.

Yup, same. And DoFP recently pulling off something similar helps, too.

Hey! Those Marvel sons of b****es bought the WAR TO US!

And now we have to destroy them!
^that's actually kinda funny.

Anyhow, I find fan culture interesting in that when presented with something new, so many often rage against the change or stuff, then when that is embraced they then rage against the next thing even citing that prior one that they raged against as the new standard. I'll never forget all the crap Grant got, and that costume one(see first official photos), and berlanti's whole operation. Only to now see so many championing it in the face of something new. It's like a vicious cycle.
It happened with Heath too, right into those leto photos and I'm sure we all know what's coming next. Like in 5 years people might be asking where are the tattoo's.
Those who don't learn from history and all that...

It's not that one has to love change or variance, it's about being open to it and deciding if it's for you after the fact. Because before the fact all you are judging is the change alone none of the substance that comes with it. The thing about dc's big guns is that this game is played with the entire GA. I think marvel will get it's first taste of this with spidey a character that will no doubt be approached differently because unlike their usual and very much like Super/Bats, he's been done plenty, but we'll see.

Folks...I must ask a potentially dumb question. Please don't boo me!

I haven't been here for a while and am rather out of touch. Did a new trailer or something get released?

^ Only a DC special. New BvS images, a new Suicide Squad trailer, and an EPIC first look at next years Wonder Woman :ilv:

I haven't been here for a while and am rather out of touch. Did a new trailer or something get released?

Hey Mrs. Kent. Glad to see you back.

Yes, a new trailer was released on Jimmy Kimmel back in December. We've also had two Domestic TV Spots released, along with a International One, and an actual Clip released as well.

:up:

I keep thinking I'd love to see Superman knock the crap out of Killer Croc in this universe. Don't know why I just think it would look cool :woot:

To My Friend in Justice:

"Dear Bruce,

Please accept this bag as a sign of our new found friendship.

Keeping you in my thoughts."

Su...
Clark

eda60b0425aae4f11e8cef3e08f28305.jpg

How far we talking here?

July?

[YT]0WWzgGyAH6Y[/YT]

Or December?

[YT]yViIi3gie2c[/YT]

And welcome back. :woot:

^ Only a DC special. New BvS images, a new Suicide Squad trailer, and an EPIC first look at next years Wonder Woman :ilv:

Hey Mrs. Kent. Glad to see you back.

Yes, a new trailer was released on Jimmy Kimmel back in December. We've also had two Domestic TV Spots released, along with a International One, and an actual Clip released as well.

Ah, so I have missed a lot. Thanks for answering.

I was disappointed in the trailer before these, so hopefully I can muster some excitement based on this latest stuff.

Edit: It's just the December stuff I missed Jokesonm3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back