BvS All Things Batman v Superman: An Open Discussion (TAG SPOILERS) - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
That Ultimate Cut better be decent at the very least, was not a fan of the theatrical cut.

So, if she's invulnerable then she's at no personal risk. Got it.

The cunning warrior attacks neither body nor mind.

The HEART Osborn! First, we attack his heart!

Spiderman%201[(130327)18-25-11].JPG

This.

I wonder if people feel there's no "personal risk" when it comes to seemingly invulnerable superheroes, gods, and monsters like Thor, Hulk, Vision, etc.

For me, no matter the power set, there are usually different layers, complexities, conflicts, and threats to these heroes that make them compelling and interesting. What we saw of Wonder Woman in BvS didn't even scratch the surface. I'm excited to get inside her head and get to know her better next year.
Yeah, I feel like that's the same reasoning that leads to a lot of people to saying Superman is boring, because he's too powerful. I mean, yes, there's Kryptonite, but to me the best Superman stories don't even revolve around a Kryptonite threat. To me his best stories are simply when something he cares about (be it a person, place, thing or idea) is at stake, not when he's physically threatened. I usually find the use of Kryptonite to be an unimaginative copout by writers, tbh. Their physical abilities/vulnerabilities aren't what should make these characters who they are or what makes them interesting, imo.

Yeah, I feel like that's the same reasoning that leads to a lot of people to saying Superman is boring, because he's too powerful. I mean, yes, there's Kryptonite, but to me the best Superman stories don't even revolve around a Kryptonite threat. To me his best stories are simply when something he cares about (be it a person, place, thing or idea) is at stake, not when he's physically threatened. I usually find the use of Kryptonite to be an unimaginative copout by writers, tbh. Their physical abilities/vulnerabilities aren't what should make these characters who they are or what makes them interesting, imo.

Agreed. :up:

I wonder if people feel there's no "personal risk" when it comes to seemingly invulnerable superheroes, gods, and monsters like Thor, Hulk, Vision, etc.

For me, no matter the power set, there are usually different layers, complexities, conflicts, and threats to these heroes that make them compelling and interesting. What we saw of Wonder Woman in BvS didn't even scratch the surface. I'm excited to get inside her head and get to know her better next year.

This says otherwise http://i.imgur.com/JU843rZ.png

^ DREW MCWEENY SUCKS FOR GIVING FANS BAD NEWS!!!

*3 months later*

Woops.

I was mostly on McWeeny's side, if you may recall.

:up: :)

That Ultimate Cut better be decent at the very least, was not a fan of the theatrical cut.

My guess is that you are not gonna like the Extended cut. What could possibly be there in an extra half an hour that will make you like the movie that 2.5 hours didn't? lol

My guess is that you are not gonna like the Extended cut. What could possibly be there in an extra half an hour that will make you like the movie that 2.5 hours didn't? lol
Lex Luthor death scene... :o

A wonderful jolly surprise. :oldrazz:

What's that? I didn't get it. lol

What's that? I didn't get it. lol
In the added 30 minutes an additional part of ending, where Jesse's version of Lex is killed off. :oldrazz: Maybe like his Dad "Lex Luthor" played by someone else comes in through the shadows and says "You aren't fit to run this company Jr..." *shoots Lex Jr in the head.* End credits. >> Final shot of Cranston or someone non campy as Lex ;)

In the added 30 minutes an additional part of ending, where Jesse's version of Lex is killed off. :oldrazz: Maybe like his Dad "Lex Luthor" played by someone else comes in through the shadows and says "You aren't fit to run this company son Jr..." *shoots Lex Jr in the head.* End credits. >> Final shot of Cranston or someone non campy as Lex ;)

Honestly I did play out a similar scenario in my head a couple of times. :hehe:

Frankly I don't care about Lex Luthor, never did. But my brother didn't like this one.

I was a little confused because I thought it had something to do with Jokes, specifically.

I got the impression Lex Sr. is dead though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"