BvS All Things Batman v Superman: An Open Discussion (TAG SPOILERS) - - - - Part 305

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh Jesus, it's just a joke. Not to mention the later part where Marvel makes fun of their own movies is completely cut out. So damn touchy.:whatever:
it is a terrible joke then.
you can always make fun of yourself... but you can't make fun of others, even he/she is your best friends, especially in open / public.

you can always make fun of yourself... but you can't make fun of others, even he/she is your best friends, especially in open / public.

Poking fun at the rivals/competition is the basis of most jokes in existence. That whole panel is hilarious.

Someone joked in a comic I probably wouldn't have read anyway. Mad is what I am.

Poking fun at the rivals/competition is the basis of most jokes in existence. That whole panel is hilarious.
I can see some people are thinking that it is a fun joke, and I'm glad of that.

Frankly, most of the time, I don't like it when a comic jabbing at their rivals.

Either from DC, Marvel, or any brand. It can be funny, yeah, but you know some of comic crowd are prone to brand wars. :funny:
It seems to add unnecessary fuel and weird sense of entitlement.
Moreso if you are from the side that ‘in’ at the moment.

I recalled Marvel recently killed some comic characters who looked like Fox's Fantastic Four 2015 cast in an explosion. That's unnecessary.

Plus the movie already beaten up even before production begins (sounds familiar), so many comic and CBM crowds were feasting over it.

Personally I can't really understand why people could be so hostile and cruel over movie/ comic / any fiction. :huh:

From the last thread:
The line about the wheelchair bomb being lined with lead is really a problem because Superman said he didn't look. If he didn't look, then it doesn't matter if it had lead or not because he's still at fault.

What they could have done is have Superman say he didn't see anything (which is different from not looking) and then say the lead is invisible to Superman's x-ray. So he did look but couldn't see anything.
I think he says "I'm afraid I wasn't looking". He doesn't know how he could have missed it, so he starts to think that maybe it's because he doesn't care as much as he thought he did.
I agree.
Also, I think the bomb lined with lead made it pass x-ray scanner at the security check.

Schnepp chimed in and said,
"A little birdies told me Ayer's version won. If you know what I'm talking about I'll leave it at that. So I'm excited about that."

So it appears we're definitely getting Ayer's theatrical version unlike with Snyder.
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][/FONT]It’s nice to hear that. :D

vaubro2jcf6x.gif
That's cool! :D

Last edited:
Wow. lol. That comic panel is pretty pathetic. smh.

Awesome gifs on this page!

Someone joked in a comic I probably wouldn't have read anyway. Mad is what I am.

The joke doesn't bother me per se, but perhaps Marvel should take more time to tell interesting stories instead of poking fun at the competition. When you publish stuffs like Civil War II or Charles Soules Daredevil, you are in no position to pretend the competition makes boring stuff.

The joke doesn't bother me per se, but perhaps Marvel should take more time to tell interesting stories instead of poking fun at the competition. When you publish stuffs like Civil War II or Charles Soules Daredevil, you are in no position to pretend the competition makes boring stuff.

Meh. They've been doing this stuff for decades. Stan Lee always called DC the Distinguish Competition before talking down on them.

Besides DC/Marvel have had lots of crossovers between artists, writers, and characters over time. It probably doesn't even matter to them anymore.

I hardly think it's a touchy subject at all when they make fun of each other.

you wonder why they don't one of Tony watching a video and going "hey Cap, I know we're best buds now and your other best bud has been under mind control, but let's fight....."

you wonder why they don't one of Tony watching a video and going "hey Cap, I know we're best buds now and your other best bud has been under mind control, but let's fight....."

Probably cause that makes sense in context. While having mom's with the first name...

Actually I'm grateful of BvS for that, the endless amounts of jokes and memes that spawned from MARTHAA keep me entertained.

:applaud

And love that "I believe you" comparison.

I like the parallel and everything, but why would DD grow a spear like Z's suit had and kill SM like Z killed JE? Have a very great day you and everyone!

God bless you! God bless everyone!

I like the parallel and everything, but why would DD grow a spear like Z's suit had and kill SM like Z killed JE? Have a very great day you and everyone!

Because Doomsday is Zod's mutated form?

Probably cause that makes sense in context. While having mom's with the first name...

Actually I'm grateful of BvS for that, the endless amounts of jokes and memes that spawned from MARTHAA keep me entertained.

They're only making fun of themselves for not being able to understand a decent script

Meh. They've been doing this stuff for decades. Stan Lee always called DC the Distinguish Competition before talking down on them.

Besides DC/Marvel have had lots of crossovers between artists, writers, and characters over time. It probably doesn't even matter to them anymore.

I hardly think it's a touchy subject at all when they make fun of each other.

I agree, it's just that I think it was done with poor taste. Like it's not even funny. I have seen memes about Martha funnier than this. The parody with Darkseid for instance was really funny. This is lame. (Like Soule's Daredevil).

the whole movie was built on a friendship that never existed before :lmao: but yeah, it has great context :o

Because Doomsday is Zod's mutated form?
He's not Z. He's dead. And he isn't wearing the armor that made it so Z could do that. Does he remember doing that and can will his body to do that for ironic reasons? Z never seemed to have a penchant for those when he was alive. His corpse would have even less for them.
the whole movie was built on a friendship that never existed before :lmao: but yeah, it has great context :o
BvS was built on the characters having no real relationships. At least in CW the characters had some kinds of relationships that made sense and had context. It never pretends that T and S were best friends, even though it's a little exaggerated, they still all had some kind of foundational relationship that was friendly. Have a very great day you and everyone!

Last edited:
He's not Z. He's dead. And he isn't wearing the armor that made it so Z could do that. Does he remember doing that and can will his body to do that for ironic reasons? Z never seemed to have a penchant for those when he was alive. His corpse would have even less for them.BvS was built on the characters having no real relationships. At least in CW the characters had some kinds of relationships that made sense and had context. It never pretends that T and S were best friends, even though it's a little exaggerated, they still all had some kind of foundational relationship that was friendly. Have a very great day you and everyone!

"I'm sorry Tony. He is my friend." "So was I".

They were never friend. IT's built on a lie. and not a beautiful one at that.

BvS was built on the characters not knowing one another, fighting, and overcoming their issues to fight the common enemy. Everything we were told was true. :hmr:

Is there a reason you keep talking about Civil War in the BvS section? You realize there are several other places on this site that would be more appropriate for this discussion?

Is there a reason you keep talking about Civil War in the BvS section? You realize there are several other places on this site that would be more appropriate for this discussion?

yes, it's because I'm answering to the marvel related stuff that were posted, like the spidey/deadpool crossover that made fun of BvS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"