BvS All Things Batman v Superman: An Open Discussion (TAG SPOILERS) - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the part that pisses me off. There's absolutely no ****ing way this even in the bottom 10 CBMs of all time. If you can say with a straight face that this film is worse than Arnie and Uma Thurman then not only are you lying through your teeth IMO you weren't ever giving this film a chance.

I just wanted a legit debate. I don't care if Civil War is the greatest comic book movie ever. I just wanted to say (collectively) that DC put out a comic book movie just as great. In fact, its the type of movie that will have a lasting impact.

I wanted it to be real. Instead we have DC fans all over the place about this movie. Just a few simple things makes it so much better. And I loved it already.

Snyder, don't hire Jesse to be Lex (I liked his performance though). Just go with the safer bet in Cranston.

Make people LOVE Superman and truly feel sorry for being misunderstood. Have him be as happy as can be despite the world being cruel to him.

Either make the movie 2 hrs or force the studio to release the 3 hr cut. Its not a movie thats clean.

More perspective on Bruce and Clark on how they feel about everything. Even if they don't interact as much.

Ugh.. this should be one of the great superhero movies of all time.

Jesus ****in Christ, these forums, man....

lol, Chip will appreciate this.

CgDVugTUkAAkuB_.jpg

The overwhelming majority of people aren't saying Batman V Superman is one of the worst comic book films ever made.

Most people seem to be saying the movie was just a big disappointment. Most people liked Batman and Wonder Woman, thought the action scenes were good.

I went into the movie with LOW expectations and ended up thinking the movie was entertaining. I don't think it's a well made movie at all, but it's hardly the worst comic book movie ever, it's not even the worst comic book movie of the past decade.

I didn't envy the mods before...

I saw Civil War tonight. Yeah, it’s going to a bumpy few weeks here.

Folks - if anyone trolls these threads with any kind of Civil War/Marvel gloating, please report it. We can’t be on every thread all the time, so just let us know if someone is causing trouble, and it will absolutely be dealt with.

I think he would be great in a 10 episode Netflix/HBO format.

I would have loved to see this movie divided up over 10 episodes leading to that ending.

Snyder has a lot of great ideas its just figuring out how to fit it in a 2hr 20 min time slot. He's not great at that yet.

Its why Dawn of the Dead is his best reviewed movie. Because it was his simplest movie.

This is exactly what I was thinking. I mean, I loved MoS and BvS, but can only imagine how great a DCEU series would be, with a real budget, high caliber actors and writing, something meant to be taken very serious, like Breaking Bad and Game Of Thrones, and has the same tone and themes of MoS and BvS. Maybe one day when CBMs go out of style, we'll get a series or multiple series like this, about the Universe as a whole, with the major players and smaller characters

I prefer DCs approach with the dark tone. Movies like Ant-Man bore me, I couldn't make it past 10 mins.

Now I did like Thor Dark World, no it wasn't perfect but I Ant-Man doesn't interest in the least. Yet movies like that are the critics and the general masses love.

MOS and BvS are on the list my all time fav cmb movies. I don't share the popular opinion of the general masses.

I prefer DCs approach with the dark tone. Movies like Ant-Man bore me, I couldn't make it past 10 mins.

Now I did like Thor Dark World, no it wasn't perfect but I Ant-Man doesn't interest in the least. Yet movies like that are the critics and the general masses love.

MOS and BvS are on the list my all time fav cmb movies. I don't share the popular opinion of the general masses.

You mean good movies?

The tone has nothing to do with it.

The Nolan Trilogy was loved by critics and the general audience and all of those films had a darker tone than most of the Marvel movies.

You mean good movies?

The tone has nothing to do with it.

The Nolan Trilogy was loved by critics and the general audience and all of those films had a darker tone than most of the Marvel movies.

I don't think the Nolan movies would do well these days, good for the time but a bit basic for today. Honestly with Ledger the whole series would be considered bland.

Does it bother anyone else that one minute it seems Batman is being stealthy up on his perch with the tracker and the next minute he's playing monster trucks?

Was the tracker on the van just for when he lost line of sight crashing through buildings and boats?

I don't think the Nolan movies would do well these days, good for the time but a bit basic for today. Honestly with Ledger the whole series would be considered bland.

Yes they would. Because they are really good movies.

You like BvS, so you like to think it's a good movie.

Time to realise that it isn't, I'm afraid. It's mediocre. The consensus proves it. There's nothing wrong with liking a poor movie, but at some point you've got to sit back, take stock, and admit that you like a poor movie, and stop making statements like the one above that quite clearly isn't a realistic view of things.

Trust me, with the crap storm incoming with how good Civil War is, admitting defeat on this one will make you feel a lot better about the whole thing.

Does it bother anyone else that one minute it seems Batman is being stealthy up on his perch with the tracker and the next minute he's playing monster trucks?

Was the tracker on the van just for when he lost line of sight crashing through buildings and boats?

I dunno aye. I think I'd have preferred him just go down to the docks and kick their asses

I just don't understand the logic behind that scene. Not trying to be negative about it.

I think he was always going in for the kill, stopping at nothing. The tracker was a fail safe, and had to be planted secretly.

^ I think the tracker was a back up plan-- He wanted to take the Kryptonite then and there, but on the off-chance they got away (in this case, thanks to Superman apparently not giving a ****) he could at least track them to wherever they ended up.

EDIT: What AnneFan said.

Time to realise that it isn't, I'm afraid. It's mediocre. The consensus proves it. There's nothing wrong with liking a poor movie, but at some point you've got to sit back, take stock, and admit that you like a poor movie, and stop making statements like the one above that quite clearly isn't a realistic view of things.

Trust me, with the crap storm incoming with how good Civil War is, admitting defeat on this one will make you feel a lot better about the whole thing.

Realize what? You seem to imply that somehow you are right and rest of us who think BvS is good is wrong. Your opinion is just as valid as mine.

And consensus proves nothing. If we go by the majority is right rule, well the world would be a lot different now, wouldn't it?

And there's a lot of nasty ideas that the majority believed to be right throughout human history.

So, please don't try to "prove" anything through majority.

I want Civil War to be great, I love this version of Captain America and what the Russos did with his movie arc.

But MoS is just so far above all movies in this genre. It's the one that just has that little bit of magic about it. BvS is a continuation of the story line and I love the story that was told.

I hold no love at all for the Nolan movies, Batman is a weak character barely in the last 2 movies and the plot points arw ridiculous in all 3 of them.

Realize what? You seem to imply that somehow you are right and rest of us who think BvS is good is wrong. Your opinion is just as valid as mine.

And consensus proves nothing. If we go by the majority is right rule, well the world would be a lot different now, wouldn't it?

And there's a lot of nasty ideas that the majority believed to be right throughout human history.

So, please don't try to "prove" anything through majority.

No. What I'm saying is that there's absolutely nothing wrong in thinking that BvS is a good film in your opinion - just that it's important to acknowledge that the majority believe that it isn't... and that they may have a point.

Look, for some reason I love the Saw movies. Each and every one. And yet I can acknowledge that they aren't actually good movies, all except the first one. I can divorce my own personal tastes from what is the general consensus - that a majority of the series is poorly made, with all of the movies rated as rotten on RT. Still doesn't stop me liking them, but also gives me a more level headed opinion of them.

And please don't compare reviews for Batman V Superman with things like the civil rights movement and the holocaust, which I am deathly afraid you're actually attempting to do in your defence of this movie.

As far as I'm concerned, if a film is considered to be mediocre or poor by a vast majority of independent reviewers, and generally disliked by the GA (plummeting BO) then the chances are that despite my personal opinion, the movie is indeed mediocre or poor. Nothing wrong with that.

But MoS is just so far above all movies in this genre. It's the one that just has that little bit of magic about it. BvS is a continuation of the story line and I love the story that was told.

I hold no love at all for the Nolan movies, Batman is a weak character barely in the last 2 movies and the plot points arw ridiculous in all 3 of them.

I strongly disagree with all of this, but fair enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"